Markets / Finance
- Goldman Sachs Downgrades Stocks To Neutral From Overweight
July 26 2014 5:29 AM
Goldman Sachs downgraded its global equities allocation to neutral only in the short term, as the brokerage is still overweight stocks in the longer term.
- FBI Investigates Ford Engineer After Listening Devices Found
July 25 2014 6:54 PM
"Ford and the FBI are working together on a joint investigation involving a former employee," Ford spokeswoman Susan Krusel said. "As this is an ongoing investigation, we are not able to provide additional details."
- New Jersey Governor Not High On Colorado
July 25 2014 5:04 PM
With Denver's crime rate dropping, Chris Christie criticizes legal weed. Rand Paul, his probable 2016 GOP rival, promotes pot-policy reform.
- Citigroup Unit To Pay $5M In Settlement Of SEC Charges
July 25 2014 4:45 PM
The Securities and Exchange Commission said the unit, LavaFlow Inc., is settling the civil case without admitting or denying the charges.
- 'Inversion': Newest Buzzword At Wall St. And Washington Intersection
July 25 2014 2:16 PM
Treasury Secretary Jack Lew has demanded legislation to limit corporate tax inversions be implemented retroactively from May.
- Read The Best Of Ace Greenberg's Legendary Memos
July 25 2014 1:53 PM
In memory of the deceased Alan "Ace" Greenberg, we take a look at some of the Wall Street legend's most memorable memos
- Kenya Home To 5 Top African Mobile Startups
July 25 2014 1:20 PM
DEMO Africa recently named five Kenyan startups among its top 40 list.
- MH17 Victim's Credit Card Stolen At Crash Site
July 25 2014 12:58 PM
One of the 298 victims in the Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash reportedly had his credit card stolen from the site where the plane went down in eastern Ukraine and used by pro-Russian rebels who looted the area.
- Zillow Looking To Buy Trulia In Bid To Consolidate Online Real Estate Listings
July 25 2014 12:03 PM
The two sites receive more than five times the number of visitors of their closest competitors.
- As Amazon Stock Plunges, So Does Investor Patience
July 25 2014 11:07 AM
Amazon stock prices sank in the second quarter of 2014, but the Fire phone is expected to turn fortunes around.
- US Durable Goods Orders Rebound, Core Capital Goods Rise
July 25 2014 8:48 AM
The signs of increased business investment bode well for stronger economic growth in the second half of the year.
- Argentina Plans Default, Creditors Say
July 25 2014 8:26 AM
Argentina default seen as imminent, NML says.
- 'Big Mac Index' Suggests US Dollar Still Bloated
July 25 2014 5:55 AM
Based on the index, the Ukrainian Hryvnia was the most under-valued and the Norwegian Krone was the most over-valued currency.
- Alibaba’s Yu’E Bao Fund Wades Into Deeper Waters
July 25 2014 3:39 AM
According to a report, the fund is shifting focus to longer-term investments and riskier products to sustain attractive rates of return.
- Argentine Debt Mediator: Time Running Out For Deal
July 24 2014 10:11 PM
"The issues separating the parties remain unresolved at this time. The time for the Republic to avoid default (July 30) is short," mediator Daniel Pollack said.
- Pandora Met Wall Street's Expectations In Q2
July 24 2014 5:29 PM
Pandora reported earnings that met expectations, but the stock dropped in after-hours trading.
- GSK Crisis Or Not, China Still Big Draw For Multinationals
July 24 2014 12:13 PM
But this won't deter them -- or other pharmaceutical companies -- from engaging the lucrative Chinese market.
- Barclays Files Motion To Dismiss New York 'Dark Pool' Fraud Charges
July 24 2014 10:04 AM
The bank has been in the crosshairs of prosecutors and regulators for several months over trading activity in its LX private trading platform.
- Norway's State-Run Investment Fund May Sell $8B Of Russian Assets
July 24 2014 8:08 AM
Norway's oil-funded portfolio is the largest sovereign wealth fund in the world.
- iPhone 6 Rumored To Feature Digital Wallet
July 24 2014 7:46 AM
Apple is rumored to be in talks with partner companies to launch an e-wallet for the iPhone 6.