Markets / Finance
- Protests Unlikely To Hurt Hong Kong Business Long Term
October 01 2014 6:03 PM
Despite the stall in business due to Occupy protests, Hong Kong is well positioned to maintain its status as a major financial center.
- Even Law-Abiding Pot Growers Seeing Profits Go Up In Smoke Due To Legal Snag
October 01 2014 12:53 PM
Legal experts say it's a little like the Wild West when it comes to newly-legal pot industry in some states.
- Biotech Stocks Up On Ebola News
October 01 2014 9:45 AM
Stocks of theses pharmaceutical companies continue to soar on news of the first Ebola case in the United States.
- Sainsbury's Cuts Full-Year Sales Forecast
October 01 2014 3:26 AM
The group trails troubled market leader Tesco and is battling with Wal-Mart Stores' Asda to be the UK's No. 2 grocer.
- JPMorgan To Face US Class Action In $10 Billion MBS Case
September 30 2014 8:15 PM
A federal judge said JPMorgan Chase & Co must face a class action lawsuit by investors who claimed the bank misled them about the safety of mortgage-backed securities it sold before the financial crisis.
- Pharmaceutical Companies See Stocks Jump After News Of First Ebola Case In US
September 30 2014 6:28 PM
Some stocks jumped more than 20 percent in just one hour.
- Why The US Is Telling Argentina How To Pay Off Its Debt
September 30 2014 1:56 PM
South America's second-largest economy is battling American creditors in New York courts -- here's an explainer on the whole imbroglio.
- NYC Taxi Metadata Exposes Celeb Locations And Strip Club Clients
September 30 2014 1:40 PM
No privacy: Publicly available info about NYC taxis shows how seemingly anonymous metadata can be used to track individuals.
- Why American IPOs Raised $41.7 Billion This Quarter
September 30 2014 11:49 AM
Tech companies like Alibaba led the increase.
- EBay To Spin Off PayPal In 2015
September 30 2014 8:49 AM
EBay announced Tuesday plans to separate eBay and PayPal into independent, publicly traded companies in 2015.
- US Set To Overtake Saudi Arabia In Liquid Petroleum Production
September 30 2014 8:41 AM
The U.S. is set to become the world's largest producer of liquid petroleum, surpassing Saudi Arabia.
- UK Clocks Strong Growth In Q2
September 30 2014 5:34 AM
Official data showed Britain's economic output exceeded its peak before the 2008-09 recession in the third quarter of 2013.
- RBS Frees Up $1.3B Of Provisions As Economy Improves
September 30 2014 4:50 AM
RBS said on Tuesday it also expected losses from bad loans to be "significantly" lower than its previous guidance.
- Nearly 40 Bank Branches In Hong Kong Close Over Protests
September 29 2014 11:13 PM
Nearly 40 bank branches in Hong Kong have closed in the areas affected by pro-democracy protests.
- NY Judge Finds Argentina In Contempt Of Court
September 29 2014 8:41 PM
A New York City judge found Argentina in contempt for declining to repay the debt it owes two U.S. hedge funds.
- Bank Of America’s $4 Billion Accounting Mistake
September 29 2014 4:21 PM
The problem carried over for the past five years.
- USAID Wastes Billions Shipping Food, Report Finds
September 29 2014 3:34 PM
American food aid is one of the most expensive and inefficient programs in the world, spending more on transportation than the food itself.
- Swiss Bank UBS Says It Has Started FX Settlement Talks
September 29 2014 7:31 AM
Britain's FCA was reportedly talking to UBS and five other banks about a possible settlement worth hundreds of millions of pounds.
- Lloyds Bank Dismisses 8 Staff After Rate-Rigging Investigation
September 29 2014 6:41 AM
Nearly $5 million in unpaid bonuses had been forfeited as a result of the action.
- UBS Launches Share-For-Share Exchange For New Holding Company
September 29 2014 2:30 AM
The changes to UBS's legal structure will not affect its strategy, the bank said.