Markets / Finance
- Wed. Futures Point To Slow Start
April 23 2014 5:53 AM
Quarterly earnings announcements from big players in retail, aviation and technology should help guide investors.
- Novartis, Glaxo Swap $20B In Assets
April 22 2014 2:18 PM
The deal's goal is to bolster best lines and exit weaker ones, as the sector contends with health care spending cuts and generic competition.
- Why Facebook's Strong Earnings Growth Streak Will Continue In Q1
April 22 2014 1:52 PM
Mobile ads will likely be a major focus for investors, especially on the heels of Facebook's recent moves to encourage mobile user growth.
- Russia Dismisses West's Sanctions Threat
April 22 2014 12:30 PM
Russia also accused the Ukrainian government of stirring up trouble, and said the U.S. must prevent "hotheads" from provoking a bloody conflict.
- McDonald's Earnings Fall On Costs, Fewer Customers
April 22 2014 11:47 AM
McDonald's has posted two years of turbulent U.S. same restaurant sales, due to sluggish economic growth, stiffer competition and internal missteps.
- US Existing Homes Sales At Lowest Level Since Mid-2012
April 22 2014 11:11 AM
However, there were signs in March that a recent downward trend that has plagued the housing market may be drawing to an end.
- Hedge Fund Star Ackman Wants Botox For $47B
April 22 2014 10:37 AM
Valeant said it has partnered with activist investor Bill Ackman in an unsolicited $47 billion bid to buy Botox maker Allergan.
- Comcast's Q1 Revenue, Earnings Rise
April 22 2014 7:59 AM
The largest U.S. cable operator gained video subscribers for the second quarter in a row.
- Lockheed Earnings Surge, Boosts Outlook
April 22 2014 7:55 AM
Lockheed, maker of the F-35 fighter jet, satellites and coastal warships, said quarterly earnings rose 23%.
- Novartis Overhauls Portfolio Through Deals With GSK And Eli Lilly
April 22 2014 7:44 AM
In February, Novartis had acquired CoStim Pharmaceuticals to broaden its cancer immunotherapy research program.
- Gimme Shelter - GM Seeks Protection From Lawsuits
April 22 2014 7:42 AM
Both plaintiffs and General Motors were busy in the court's previous session.
- Tues. Futures Suggest Subdued Open
April 22 2014 5:35 AM
Earnings are expected to continue to influence market direction.
- Valeant Pharma And Pershing Square Pursue Botox Maker Allergan
April 22 2014 2:15 AM
Allergan generated $6.2 billion in revenues in 2013, supported by its leading product, Botox, whose standalone revenues grew 12 percent.
- Japan's Amari Sees Distance To Japan-US Agreement On TPP
April 21 2014 10:56 PM
An agreement between the United States and Japan is crucial to the U.S.-led, 12-nation Trans-Pacific Partnership.
- Netflix Streaming Business Grows
April 21 2014 5:16 PM
The company said it plans to impose "a one or two dollar increase, depending on the country, later this quarter for new members only."
- AstraZeneca Cancer Drugs Seen As Draw For Pfizer
April 21 2014 5:08 PM
A deal could benefit Pfizer as it seeks to build up its cancer franchise, and acquiring AstraZeneca could bring cost savings.
- Halliburton Posts Strong Quarter On N. American Margins
April 21 2014 9:48 AM
"Our strategy is working well and we intend to stay the course," Chief Executive Dave Lesar said in a statement.
- Mt Gox May Rise Again
April 21 2014 8:09 AM
A U.S. investor group supported by burned bitcoin traders seeks a rebirth of the pioneering Mt. Gox exchange.
- Japanese Export Growth Slows Sharply
April 21 2014 6:31 AM
Japan's economy has slowed in recent quarters as the effects of Tokyo's aggressive stimulus faded.
- Mon. Futures Suggest Higher Open
April 21 2014 6:14 AM
Quarterly earnings should direct market flow Monday following last week's rally.