Markets / Finance
- If US Jobs Increase, Will Earnings Decrease?
March 11 2014 2:50 PM
Some investors have feared that more jobs may mean pain for stock market investors.
- One Big Reason To Be Concerned About Ukraine
March 11 2014 2:16 PM
If external financial support falters, the first signs of strain are likely to emerge in the banking sector.
- 81 Percent Of Finance Industry Bosses Are White
March 11 2014 10:54 AM
The financial services industry does not have a very diverse management group.
- Watch President Obama On 'Between Two Ferns'
March 11 2014 8:32 AM
President Barack Obama appeared on Zach Galifianakis' "Between Two Ferns" to promote Healthcare.gov and its fast-approaching March 31 deadline.
- Why The US House Is Probing GM Recall
March 11 2014 8:00 AM
A congressional committee said it would investigate the automaker's response to a defect that first came to light a decade ago.
- Another Twist In The Malaysian Airlines Mystery
March 11 2014 7:20 AM
Malaysia's military now believes it has tracked the missing jetliner on radar after the last radio contact was made.
- Dozens Quit HSBC's Hong Kong Office For Chinese Banks
March 11 2014 7:02 AM
Some banks like HSBC are trying to trim their retail-brokerage arms as competition is heating up in an already tough market.
- Tues Futures Suggest Subdued Open
March 11 2014 6:29 AM
Tuesday seems set for a slow start amid a lack of fresh economic data and a tapering off of the earnings season.
- UK Industrial Production Growth Slows Slightly
March 11 2014 5:53 AM
While there was a decline in production growth on a monthly basis, data showed that year-on-year growth had picked up pace.
- 8 Things You Should Know About Alibaba's Yu'E Bao
March 11 2014 5:45 AM
Could online investment platform growth chip away at state-controlled banks’ effective monopoly over China’s vast pool of savings?
- Italy Q4 GDP: Slight Growth
March 11 2014 5:20 AM
Further, while quarterly GDP growth was in line with expectations, annual GDP slipped more than expected.
- Bank Of Japan Holds Course
March 11 2014 12:16 AM
The BoJ cited developments in emerging markets and the pace of recovery in the U.S. and EU economies as potential risks to its outlook.
- One Stat That Says A Lot About The US Economy
March 10 2014 4:50 PM
Even amid increased U.S. vehicle efficiency in the postmodern era, oil remains the lifeblood of the U.S. economy.
- China Data Rattles World Markets
March 10 2014 8:44 AM
Weakening Chinese economic data from the weekend affected markets on Monday.
- Mon Futures Point To Subdued Open
March 10 2014 7:04 AM
Earnings statements from more retailers and economic data on jobs, retail sales and sentiment should guide markets this week.
- 'I'm Still Not Buying Gold': Investor Jim Rogers
March 10 2014 6:23 AM
The man who made a fortune with George Soros back in the 1980s spoke with IBTimes about demand for natural resources worldwide.
- Court Filings Show Lapses In Due Diligence At Credit Suisse
March 10 2014 6:19 AM
U.S. authorities have also claimed that the company helped thousands of Americans evade more than $10 billion in taxes.
- Watch A Preview for Last Week Tonight, Jon Oliver's New Show On HBO
March 08 2014 1:29 PM
Who wasn't bummed when Jon Oliver left the Daily Show in December? There's good news though! HBO has released a preview of Oliver's new show on the network, called "This Week Tonight with Jon Oliver" and based on their newly launched Twitter feed it's going to be awesome.
- I Bought My First Bitcoin: It Was Surprisingly Easy - And Anticlimactic
March 08 2014 1:19 PM
Many are still confused on what it is and how to get one. I headed down to the Bitcoin Center NYC to find out.
- Oil Slick Sighting Could Lead To Missing Malaysia Airlines Flight
March 07 2014 9:51 PM
Flight MH370, from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing, is suspected to have crashed into the South China Sea.