- Thurs. Futures Point To Upbeat Start
April 24 2014 5:51 AM
Markets should be influenced by more big-ticket earnings announcements scheduled for the day.
- Mobile Helps Facebook Revenue Surge 72%
April 23 2014 4:58 PM
The firm reported earnings per share of 25 cents on $2.5 billion of revenue, beating Wall Street estimates of 24 cents and $2.4 billion.
- Facebook's $2B Oculus Buy OK'd By FTC
April 23 2014 12:24 PM
The U.S. DOJ and FTC examined the deal to make sure it cleared antitrust laws, but there was little doubt it would be approved.
- Google Wants To Help Samsung Settle, If It Comes To That
April 23 2014 6:34 AM
Google has a strong financial interest in helping Samsung with the trial as most of Apple’s claims are related to Android functions.
- Why Bad Weather Won't Hurt Starbucks Q2 Earnings
April 23 2014 5:49 AM
Analysts also predict the global cafe giant will post 11 percent revenue growth in the most recent quarter.
- Comcast, Charter Reported Near Divestiture Deal
April 22 2014 7:48 PM
Comcast would shed 4 million customers to a rival if the Time Warner Cable deal goes through.
- How Netflix Avoided A PR Nightmare With Its Latest Price Increase
April 22 2014 5:06 PM
This time, the video giant’s $1 or $2 subscription fee hike for new users was cheered by investors and even some customers.
- Why Facebook's Strong Earnings Growth Streak Will Continue In Q1
April 22 2014 1:52 PM
Mobile ads will likely be a major focus for investors, especially on the heels of Facebook's recent moves to encourage mobile user growth.
- Tom Preston-Werner Resigns From GitHub After Investigation Clears His Name
April 22 2014 12:25 PM
Preston-Werner said that a visit with the Oculus VR team convinced him of the potential of immersive computing and virtual reality, and he will now dedicate his time working on code in this new medium.
- Apple Observes Earth Day In Its Own Way
April 22 2014 7:15 AM
All four of Apple’s data centers, located in North Carolina, Oregon, Nevada and California, rely entirely on renewable energy.
- Expert Testifying For Samsung Calls Apple's Losses 'Negligible'
April 22 2014 2:44 AM
If Samsung has to pay anything to Apple, it should be 35 cents, not $40, for each infringing device, an expert testified.
- Original Game Boys Could Sedate Kids [VIDEO]
April 21 2014 5:37 PM
The original Game Boy, now 25 years old, was way more than just a revolutionary gaming machine that dominated the market for over a decade.
- AT&T Amps Up GigaBit Internet Battle With U-Verse GigaPower
April 21 2014 4:17 PM
The company still has to negotiate its plans with each city, but AT&T said it hopes to start building the gigabit networks by the end of 2014.
- Mt Gox May Rise Again
April 21 2014 8:09 AM
A U.S. investor group supported by burned bitcoin traders seeks a rebirth of the pioneering Mt. Gox exchange.
- Facebook Could Launch Its Own Ad Network This Month
April 21 2014 4:41 AM
Facebook saw more than half its total advertising revenue being generated by mobile ads in the last quarter of 2013.
- Tech Workers Seek To Allow Steve Jobs Evidence In Trial
April 19 2014 8:19 PM
A class-action suit against Apple, Google, Intel and Adobe alleges they conspired to cap salaries.
- Infiniti To Hang With The Big Boys Of Luxury [VIDEO]
April 18 2014 5:44 PM
Infiniti needs a game plan if it's going to be a serious threat to Lexus, let alone German automakers.
- New Google Technology Can Solve CAPTCHA Tests Better Than You
April 17 2014 4:09 PM
The Google Street View team created a new computer program that can fool one of the best tests known for distinguishing humans from bots.
- No, Google Fiber Is Not Coming To NYC
April 17 2014 12:52 PM
Despite reports to the contrary, Google has no secret plans to bring Fiber to NYC.
- Largest Golden Parachute Ever Given To Yahoo Exec Fired For Poor Performance
April 17 2014 12:44 PM
Henrique de Castro was only Yahoo's chief operating officer for 15 months, but he has received a severance package worth nearly $58 million.