- US New Auto Sales Up 9%
October 01 2014 3:50 PM
GM, Chrysler and Nissan all reported nearly 20 percent sales growth. Deliveries of nearly all Ford sedans declined.
- Divided We Sell? EBay, PayPal Ripe For Buyouts After Split
October 01 2014 5:24 AM
Apple Pay allows consumers to make transactions with their mobile devices, an area where PayPal still lags behind.
- New iPhones To Release In China On Oct. 17
October 01 2014 1:46 AM
The announcement came a day after the Chinese government approved the use of both iPhone 6 versions on the country’s wireless networks.
- 'The Worst Merger In History'
September 30 2014 2:05 PM
Starboard sees AOL's strengths as complementary to Yahoo's weaknesses, a source says.
- Apple's $8B Back-Taxes Bill Still Dwarfed By Savings Of Irish Deal
September 30 2014 11:13 AM
The European Commission and U.S. Senate have been investigating Apple's tax strategies that have saved the company billions.
- EBay To Spin Off PayPal In 2015
September 30 2014 8:49 AM
EBay announced Tuesday plans to separate eBay and PayPal into independent, publicly traded companies in 2015.
- EU Accuses Ireland, Apple Of Illegal Tax Deal
September 30 2014 8:09 AM
The EU is accusing Ireland of providing illegal state aid to Apple for 20 years, helping Apple shield billions of dollars from being taxed.
- Facebook Vows Not To Share Personal Information With Advertisers
September 29 2014 12:49 PM
Sandberg deflected criticism of Facebook's "real name" policy, saying concerned users could create an anonymous "page" instead of a profile.
- Good News Gladly Waits For CEOs
September 29 2014 12:34 PM
A new study shows companies are delaying the release of "good news" to maximize CEO compensation from selling shares.
- A Record-Breaking Bite Out Of 'Apple'
September 29 2014 10:55 AM
The EU will release results this week of its probe into whether the Irish government allowed improper tax breaks for Apple.
- Modi's 'Make In India' Resonates With Sony
September 29 2014 6:02 AM
The Japanese company's Indian unit is looking to resume manufacturing operations in India and expand to smaller cities with cheaper products.
- 2015 Ford Mustang Raises Engine Noise Through Car Speakers
September 27 2014 11:06 PM
The Mustang's so-called Active Noise Control has raised automotive critics' eyebrows.
- Starboard Ruffled Feathers Before Recommending Yahoo, AOL Merger
September 26 2014 5:10 PM
Starboard Value LP, the activist hedge fund, has previously ruffled feathers at Olive Garden, Office Depot and AOL.
- Heavy Shopper Incentives Last Month Spiked New-Auto Sales
September 26 2014 4:39 PM
The fact that incentives were so generous indicates that the U.S. car business may be going the way of the U.S. housing market.
- How Apple Is Bouncing Back From 'Bendgate'
September 26 2014 4:22 PM
The iPhone 6 will not bend under normal use, but everyone thinks it will.
- Cadillac SRX Recalled In China For Swaying
September 26 2014 12:10 PM
GM’s joint venture in China is calling back twice as many Cadillac luxury cars as the company sold in the country last year.
- 'Vast Majority' Of Users Safe From Shellshock Hack: Apple
September 26 2014 10:30 AM
Shellshock, which takes advantage of a Bash security flaw, does put some OS X customers at risk.
- Intel Invests $1.5B In Chinese Chipmakers
September 26 2014 9:31 AM
Intel hopes to catch up to Qualcomm in chips powering mobile devices.
- Intel Announces $1.5B Investment In Chinese Chipmakers
September 26 2014 7:02 AM
After Brian Krzanich took over as Intel’s CEO, the company has made several deals that denote a new, mobile-focussed strategy.
- From Chalkboards To Tablets
September 25 2014 1:10 PM
Microsoft and the NFL struck a partnership deal last year worth $400 million. But the game plan has led to some fumbles.