- With Fire Phone, Amazon Faces Expensive Ad Battle With Samsung, Apple And Google
July 30 2014 9:29 AM
Feature wars means wireless is the most competitive advertising category.
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Brings Cortana To New Markets
July 30 2014 7:59 AM
Cortana, nicknamed “Xiao Na” for the Chinese market, will feature a customized interface, animations and sounds.
- New Retina MacBook Pros Faster Than Predecessors
July 30 2014 4:48 AM
A benchmark test also revealed that the new machine is nearly 2 percent slower than the mid-level Retina MacBook Pro released in 2013.
- Apple, Samsung Lose Ground To Chinese Smartphones
July 30 2014 1:50 AM
The overall smartphone market grew 23.1 percent annually in the second quarter of 2014 with a record 295.3 million shipments.
- HBO And Internet Plans Rise For Cord-Cutters
July 29 2014 12:01 PM
Consumers weary of cable bundling may soon have the option of Internet-plus-HBO packages.
- Just How Big Can Twitter Get?
July 29 2014 11:36 AM
Twitter has a noisy, loyal following. But can it expand into the masses? Tuesday afternoon's Q2 report should provide some answers.
- Dollar Stores To Give Wal-Mart A Run For Its Money?
July 28 2014 8:33 PM
With Dollar Tree-Family Dollar merger, consumers could see even bigger discounts.
- Hype For Fire Phone At AT&T Stores, But iPhone 6 Casts Shadow
July 28 2014 5:28 PM
Can Amazon sell a phone in Apple's long shadow?
- 4 New Smartphones That'll Challenge Apple
July 28 2014 4:41 PM
If you're not a fan of the iPhone, you have options.
- Apple Paying $30 Million For Google-Backed Podcast App
July 28 2014 11:34 AM
The app was poorly received by iPhone owners, with a middling user base and 1.5 out of 5 star rating.
- Leaked Photo Reveals Details About New 15-Inch Retina MacBook Pro
July 28 2014 7:06 AM
A chart shows three configurations of the company’s flagship laptop, with each model featuring faster Intel Core i7 chips and increased RAM.
- JD.Com, Tencent Offer Early Xbox One Pre-Orders In China
July 28 2014 4:41 AM
The Xbox One will be the first gaming console to be sold in mainland China since the government banned sales of video game consoles in 2000.
- Airlines Could Face Three-Fold Increase In Insurance Premiums
July 28 2014 2:23 AM
The aviation insurance industry is now looking at its largest annual loss since the 9/11 attacks.
- BMW, Aston Martin Recall Cars Built And Sold In China
July 26 2014 4:06 AM
The manufacturers will replace the faulty parts for free.
- Zillow Looking To Buy Trulia In Bid To Consolidate Online Real Estate Listings
July 25 2014 12:03 PM
The two sites receive more than five times the number of visitors of their closest competitors.
- Alibaba’s Yu’E Bao Fund Wades Into Deeper Waters
July 25 2014 3:39 AM
According to a report, the fund is shifting focus to longer-term investments and riskier products to sustain attractive rates of return.
- Pandora Met Wall Street's Expectations In Q2
July 24 2014 5:29 PM
Pandora reported earnings that met expectations, but the stock dropped in after-hours trading.
- Chevrolet Cobalt Resale Value Is Plummeting
July 24 2014 4:44 PM
Used Chevrolet Cobalts, Saturn Ions and other models named in the GM ignition switch recalls are losing value fast.
- Will Zappos CEO Replace Taxis With Teslas In Vegas?
July 24 2014 3:32 PM
The entrepreneur behind Zappos has invested $10 million in a ridesharing service that combines Zipcar, Uber and Citi Bike.
- Wipro Reports Higher Profits Amid Booming Indian IT Industry
July 24 2014 11:54 AM
Wipro met expectations and reported strong order wins for its fiscal first quarter, joining bigger Indian rivals Infosys and TCS is pointing to stronger growth ahead.