- Einhorn Sets Call To Lobby Apple Shareholders Vs. Cook
February 21 2013 11:08 AM
Activist investor David Einhorn plans a major push against Apple Thursday in a webcast urging a vote against a bylaw change.
- IBM Introduces MobileFirst, Deepens AT&T Ties
February 21 2013 6:04 AM
IMB said the goal is to harmonize computer networks with growing numbers of employees who use mobile devices like laptops and smartphones
- Kellogg Recalls Special K Red Berries Cereal Because Of Broken Glass Fragments In Boxes
February 20 2013 7:16 PM
Kellogg has voluntarily recalled their Special K Red Berries cereal because of broken glass fragments.
- Will Cybersecurity Order Do Enough To Deter Hackers?
February 20 2013 5:06 PM
Will President Obama's cybersecurity directive protect U.S. companies and networks from Chinese hackers?
- Can The PlayStation 4 Revive The Game Industry?
February 20 2013 1:40 PM
Sony is expected to announce its next-generation video game console tonight at a press conference in New York, but analysts are already doubtful of the new PlayStation's commercial prospects.
- Red Hat To Make Linux Available For 'Big Data' Users
February 20 2013 1:21 PM
Red Hat, the biggest seller of open-source Linux software, will make products available to the open-source community to speed cloud applications.
- Judge May Favor Apple Challenger Greenlight
February 20 2013 9:53 AM
A U.S. District Court judge reserved decision on Greenlight Capital's challenge to Apple after indicating sympathy with the challenger.
- Has The Bleeding Stopped Yet At HP?
February 20 2013 6:02 AM
When Hewlett-Packard reports first-quarter results on Thursday, investors expect another decline. How much longer will revenue fall?
- Dell's 4Q Plunges One-Third On Huge Sales Drop
February 19 2013 6:13 PM
Dell's enterprise business held up and partially offset plunging PC and mobility revenue in the fourth quarter.
- Google Closes Above $800 First Time Since 2004 IPO
February 19 2013 4:17 PM
For the first time since its 2004 initial public offering, shares of Google closed above $800, valuing the search engine and media company at nearly $266 billion.
- Amazon Selling Memorabilia From Beatles, Elvis, 'Silver Linings Playbook'
February 19 2013 11:44 AM
Amazon said its Entertainment Collectibles Store will start selling 350,000 items from leading entertainment from the Beatles to "Silver Linings Playbook."
- Amazon Bolsters Web Services With OpsWorks Tools
February 19 2013 10:28 AM
Amazon said it had bolstered its fastest-growing unit, Amazon Web Services, by adding AWS OpsWorks, design software tools.
- Will Obama's Cyber Directive Echo JFK's Moon-Shot Challenge?
February 17 2013 9:41 AM
The president's directive on cyber security recalls JFK's call for a man on the moon. Will private companies get the same turbocharge?
- Will Mega-Dip Explain Dell's Rush To Mega-Buyout?
February 17 2013 9:34 AM
When Dell reports fourth-quarter results Tuesday, millions of customers might understand why Michael Dell wants a $24.4 billion buyout.
- What's Up For Dropbox, SugarSync, Exablox? IPO Or Acquisition?
February 15 2013 12:43 PM
Global digerati generate data they store on Dropbox, Box, Sugar Sync and others. Are they IPO-worthy?
- Michael Dell To Get Less Than Others To Make $24.4B Buyout Work
February 14 2013 4:44 PM
Michael S. Dell built Dell Inc. into the No. 3 PC maker by selling below competitors.
- BlackBerry Co-CEO Sells Remaining Shares
February 14 2013 12:17 PM
Jim Balsillie, the long-time co-CEO of BlackBerry, is no longer a shareholder. He sold his 5 percent stake in the company last year.
- Can Chambers Keep Up The Momentum At Cisco?
February 14 2013 12:12 PM
Now that Cisco Systems posted its first quarter of solid income gains with a new formula, is it paying off?
- Apple Knocks Einhorn's Lawsuit As Self-Serving
February 14 2013 9:51 AM
Apple has responded to investor Greenlight Capital’s lawsuit by charging that the firm is trying to keep its shareholders “hostage.”
- The Future Of Facebook: 2013 To Focus On Mobile Development
February 13 2013 5:52 PM
Facebook's VP of Partnerships Dan Rose spoke candidly about the company's future in 2013.