- Philip Morris' Long Slide Continues
April 16 2014 11:03 AM
Among other concerns, Philip Morris in the first quarter struggled against stricter anti-tobacco legislation and tax hikes in its key markets.
- Google's Focus On Mobile Brings Fatter Earnings
April 15 2014 6:43 PM
Wall Street analysts expect Google to increase revenue and earnings in the first quarter of 2014.
- Nasdaq Drop Doesn't Presage Weak Earnings From Established Tech Companies
April 15 2014 2:54 PM
Despite the Nasdaq's tumble last week, the tech stock situation isn't nearly as bad as people think.
- Why Twitter Acquired Gnip
April 15 2014 2:49 PM
Twitter said Gnip has been “crucial” in turning tweets into a valuable marketing product for companies over the past four years.
- Will PCs Rise From The Grave?
April 15 2014 4:30 AM
The end of support from Microsoft for its Windows XP operating system possibly played a role in easing the decline of PC shipments.
- Google Search Could Soon Favor Encrypted Websites
April 14 2014 5:39 PM
Google's PageRank algorithm, the secret recipe for ranking high in search results, could begin to favor sites that protect Web visitors.
- NASDAQ Composite Falls, Marking Its Worst Week Since 2012
April 12 2014 11:10 AM
Though stocks rebounded this week, weaker earnings dragged the stocks down again.
- US Government Wants Your Facebook Data
April 11 2014 1:04 PM
Unlike Facebook’s first transparency report, its second report was allowed to clarify how many requests came from U.S. law enforcement.
- Katherine Heigl Sues Duane Reade
April 10 2014 1:35 AM
The 35-year-old actress filed the lawsuit Wednesday in federal court in Manhattan.
- BlackBerry May Consider Exiting Handsets, Eyes Investments
April 09 2014 11:26 PM
"If I cannot make money on handsets, I will not be in the handset business," BlackBerry CEO John Chen said.
- Google Maps Won't Label Crimea As Russia's, And Moscow Isn't Pleased
April 09 2014 11:15 AM
Crimea remains part of Ukraine, according to the mapping site, which is the most frequently used smartphone app in the world.
- New iOS 8 Details Surface
April 08 2014 3:55 AM
Apple is rumored to be testing iOS 8 with capabilities expected to improve speed further across the platform.
- Gear Solo Could Be First Useful Smartwatch
April 07 2014 5:42 PM
Without a smartphone nearby, the smartwatches aren't capable of much, but Samsung may be changing that in the near future.
- Memo To Foreign Telecoms In Myanmar: Bumpy Road Ahead
April 07 2014 2:18 PM
Winning the coveted telecom licenses was only the first step for the two foreign firms hoping to bring mobile access to the masses in Myanmar.
- Need A Ride In Asia? There's An App For That
April 07 2014 11:32 AM
A new app based in Singapore allows hitchhikers to connect and get rides from private motorcyclists.
- The Heart Of iPhone Buyers' Desire: A Larger Screen, More Speed
April 07 2014 2:37 AM
Internal documents have revealed that the iPhone’s growth is slowing and Apple knows why.
- Why Is China Excited About The iPhone 6?
April 05 2014 9:01 AM
Chinese carriers believe that consumers may be holding out for the iPhone 6, which is likely to sport a screen size of nearly 5 inches.
- Apple Playing Catch-Up In 2014
April 04 2014 4:55 PM
Apple debuted Siri to much fanfare in 2011 with the iPhone 4S, but has since been surpassed in functionality by Google Now and Microsoft Cortana.
- GrubHub Brings Home The Bacon With IPO
April 04 2014 1:32 PM
The stock opened at $26 per share and surged 40 percent on the opening day of trading.
- Nest Labs Halts Smoke Detector Sales Over 'Safety Concerns'
April 04 2014 1:09 PM
One of the product's features could cause customers to unintentionally turn off the smoke detector.