- Samsung Still Pushing Health Apps
May 02 2014 7:10 PM
The tech giant touts initiative despite studies showing a lack of consumer interest.
- Ford Down, Nissan Up: US Consumers Bought 1.38 Million Cars Last Month
May 01 2014 10:55 PM
Deliveries were up 8% from April 2013 but down 10% from March. Consumers flocked to SUVs and trucks.
- Finally, A Fix For Obnoxious Tweets!
May 01 2014 9:24 PM
Twitter announced that it's testing a mute feature that would allow users to hide unwanted tweets without unfollowing them.
- Twitter Having A Harder Time Getting Users To Tweet
April 29 2014 7:33 PM
Twitter made a huge push in Q1 2014 to make its platform more accessible for new users, but its earnings report disappointed markets.
- Google May Replace Nexus Program With ‘Android Silver’
April 29 2014 4:26 PM
Google will reportedly scrap further development of its Nexus devices in favor of the new Android Silver program.
- Why Automakers Are Selling More Cars In The US
April 29 2014 5:53 AM
The world’s "Big 8" automakers grew U.S. new-auto sales on the back of discounts and rebates.
- Falling Demand Hurts Samsung's Q1 Profits
April 29 2014 2:53 AM
Samsung is pinning its hopes on the latest Galaxy S5 phone to boost earnings over the next few quarters.
- Why Twitter Is Running Out Of Time To Make Money
April 28 2014 3:43 PM
Twitter is expected to report a net loss of 30 cents per share Tuesday, and there's one key stat investors should focus on.
- Pinterest Users Can Help CB2 Design An Apartment In NYC
April 28 2014 1:17 PM
Pinterest is teaming up with CB2 in a five day live event touted as “the first real apartment designed live on Pinterest.”
- RadiumOne Fires Chahal Over Domestic Violence
April 27 2014 3:12 PM
The ad firm's chairman and CEO may push back against the board's decision.
- Is Google Plus Becoming Google Minus?
April 25 2014 8:46 PM
The site may no longer see itself as competitive with Facebook and Twitter, but as a way to unify its varied products and services.
- Nokia May Continue Making Phones, Only In India And Only For A Year
April 25 2014 3:00 AM
Nokia's India plant became the focal point of a tax dispute when the company was charged with wrongfully claiming tax exemptions.
- Mozilla Names Andreas Gal As New CTO
April 24 2014 6:23 PM
The former CTO, Brendan Eich, was made CEO only to resign after 11 days due to a controversy surrounding his involvement in an anti-gay marriage bill.
- Apple, Google Settle Labor Class Action Suit With Engineers
April 24 2014 4:26 PM
About 60,000 employees filed the class action in 2011 claiming the companies adopted the “no poaching” policy to avoid a salary war.
- Why The FCC Plan Could Kill Net Neutrality For Good
April 24 2014 3:24 PM
The rules would allow Internet service providers like Comcast and Verizon to charge content providers for a “fast lane” to deliver large amounts of data to consumers.
- Thurs. Futures Point To Upbeat Start
April 24 2014 5:51 AM
Markets should be influenced by more big-ticket earnings announcements scheduled for the day.
- Mobile Helps Facebook Revenue Surge 72%
April 23 2014 4:58 PM
The firm reported earnings per share of 25 cents on $2.5 billion of revenue, beating Wall Street estimates of 24 cents and $2.4 billion.
- Facebook's $2B Oculus Buy OK'd By FTC
April 23 2014 12:24 PM
The U.S. DOJ and FTC examined the deal to make sure it cleared antitrust laws, but there was little doubt it would be approved.
- Google Wants To Help Samsung Settle, If It Comes To That
April 23 2014 6:34 AM
Google has a strong financial interest in helping Samsung with the trial as most of Apple’s claims are related to Android functions.
- Why Bad Weather Won't Hurt Starbucks Q2 Earnings
April 23 2014 5:49 AM
Analysts also predict the global cafe giant will post 11 percent revenue growth in the most recent quarter.