- Lenovo Surpasses Apple In US PC Shipments: Report
July 10 2014 6:55 AM
Lenovo displaced Apple to take third place among leading PC vendors in the U.S., for the first time in years.
- On-Demand 3D Printing Is Here
July 09 2014 2:50 PM
Businesses like Normal, the factory store opening in New York next month, are part of the new wave of "mass customization.”
- Ford Recalls Recent Model Cars, SUVs
July 08 2014 3:20 PM
The automaker says most of the cars in the recall could lurch unexpectedly because of an improperly installed component.
- Predictions Pair Murdoch And Time Warner At Sun Valley
July 07 2014 4:35 PM
Rumors surround a conference of media and technology honchos, with Wall Street observers expecting a tech company to dip into broadcasting.
- Google CEO Larry Page Argued With Steve Jobs About 'Doing Too Much'
July 07 2014 12:34 PM
Google founder and CEO Larry Page said he'd often debated with Apple's Steve Jobs about "doing too much."
- iPhone 6 Could Be Assembled By Robots
July 07 2014 5:23 AM
Foxconn is planning to install 10,000 Foxbots to produce the iPhone while each robot can assemble an average of 30,000 devices a year.
- Apple Remains Leading Smartphone Maker In The US
July 04 2014 5:40 AM
While the iPhone was the most popular smartphone in the US, Android led among operating systems for smartphones.
- Privacy Group Grumbles Over Facebook Mood Experiments To FTC
July 03 2014 2:54 PM
The group is also asking Facebook to make the News Feed algorithm public.
- For Many, US Jobs Market Recovery Is Taking Too Long
July 03 2014 2:24 PM
The stock market might be cheering June’s jobs report, but there’s still a lot of pain out there.
- For Google, Porn Business Losing Its Sex Appeal
July 03 2014 12:53 PM
Google won't let its advertising partners use sexually explicit words. Will it now block adult content from search results too?
- Facebook's Freewheeling Data Scientists Under Scrutiny
July 03 2014 2:59 AM
Following the largely negative feedback to its “emotional contagion” experiment, Facebook's data science team now has a lot to answer for.
- Tale of Two Music Deals: How Songza Measures Up With Beats
July 02 2014 5:50 PM
Google announced Tuesday that it would acquire music streaming service Songza. What's up with Google's latest move?
- Frenemies Again? Samsung Renews Relationship With Google
July 02 2014 4:18 PM
Samsung's relationship with Google is going strong despite its own software developments.
- 'We Never Meant To Upset You'
July 02 2014 11:56 AM
Facebook COO Sheryl Sandberg apologized for the way a controversial study was "communicated" on Wednesday.
- T-Mobile CEO John Legere Refutes FTC Allegations
July 02 2014 11:19 AM
Legere calls his company "pro-consumer" and the FTC's bill cramming charges “misdirected.”
- Apple Lowers iPhone ‘Reuse And Recycle’ Trade-In Value
July 02 2014 8:49 AM
The latest trade-in value is significantly lower than what Apple offered in its previous recycling programs.
- Recalls Put The Brake On Chevy Sedan Sales
July 01 2014 6:30 PM
June U.S. new-car sales were stronger than expected. For GM’s Chevy sedans, not so much.
- Who Really Uses Facebook And Twitter?
July 01 2014 12:43 PM
You might not know the audiences for Facebook, Twitter and Instagram as well as you think you do.
- Twitter Hires Goldman Sachs Banker Who Led Its IPO
July 01 2014 11:58 AM
Anthony Noto, whose team made Goldman Sachs the leader in tech IPOs last year, will join Twitter as its chief financial officer.
- Going To The Movies? Leave Google Glass At Home
June 30 2014 1:08 PM
Google Glass is considered a recording device by movie theaters in several countries.