- Atlantis, Illegal Online Black Market, Shut Down
September 21 2013 7:12 PM
Atlantis, the underground black market seen as a competitor to Silk Road, has been shut down for “security reasons.”
- Company Designs Ship With Massive Hull That Acts As Sail
September 21 2013 6:26 PM
The Norwegian firm Lade AS has designed the Vindskip, a cargo ship with a large hull that acts like a sail.
- Why Apple's Best Innovation Is Collaboration
September 19 2013 4:00 PM
Replacing a visionary isn’t a solo job; it takes a village.
- 5 Things You Should Know About Google's Project Calico
September 19 2013 6:31 AM
Google CEO Larry Page has announced the company's latest venture -- Calico, a healthcare company run by Apple's chairman.
- BlackBerry To Cut Workforce By Nearly 40%
September 18 2013 3:37 PM
BlackBerry will cut up to 40 percent of its workforce by the year's end, according to a report from the Wall Street Journal.
- Starbucks Joins Slew Of Retailers Already Trying To Keep Guns Out Of Stores
September 18 2013 2:48 PM
Though Starbucks recently discouraged firearms in its locations, other major corporations such as Costco, CVS, Peet's Coffee and Tea, and Wild Wings have had anti-gun policies for a while.
- Russia Fires On Greenpeace Vessel In Arctic, Arrest 2 Activists
September 18 2013 10:34 AM
Greenpeace sent five inflatable vessels to an oil platform operated by Russia's largest company in protest of drilling.
- US Retail Faring Badly, As Asian Consumers Shop More
September 17 2013 5:33 PM
Holiday retail traffic this year in the U.S. is expected to be lower than last year’s.
- Microsoft Announces Share Buyback Program
September 17 2013 3:59 PM
Microsoft declared a quarterly dividend of $0.28 per share, a $0.05 or 22 percent increase over the previous quarter.
- Samsung Developing Galaxy Gear 2
September 16 2013 3:28 PM
Pre-orders haven’t even begun for the Samsung Galaxy Gear smart watch, but the Korean technology company is already working on a follow-up.
- Google Street View Car In Multiple Collisions
September 16 2013 1:48 PM
In less than an hour, a Google Street View car hit three different vehicles, fleeing the scene twice before police arrested the driver.
- Snowden Reveals NSA Program To Monitor Financial Transactions
September 15 2013 2:33 PM
The latest leak reveals yet another surveillance program, this one called “Follow the Money.”
- Microsoft Offers $200 Gift Card For Each IPad Turned In By User
September 13 2013 3:48 PM
Microsoft has launched a program that gives a $200 gift card to each user turning in an Apple iPad.
- The Life And Times Of Twitter On The Way To Its IPO
September 13 2013 1:19 PM
Here’s a review of the major events over the last seven years leading to Twitter’s IPO.
- Crude Awakening: Fracking Boosts US Oil Output to 23-Year High
September 13 2013 11:48 AM
Aided by technology, U.S. oil production has increased at a rapid pace in an ongoing five-year oil boom.
- Microsoft's 'Cortana' Will Unify Windows Phone, Xbox One, Computers
September 12 2013 1:35 PM
Cortana, a holographic artificial intelligence from Microsoft's Halo series, is also the codename for a virtual assistant that will bridge Windows Phone 8.1 devices, the Xbox One, and Windows computers.
- Yahoo’s Monthly Active Users Are Up 20% To 800M: Mayer
September 12 2013 3:34 AM
Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer claims that the website's user-count has climbed significantly since she joined in July last year.
- LG Plans To Compete With Samsung
September 11 2013 1:16 PM
LG will finally bring its own OLED and Ultra HDTVs to mass markets and announced that it is also building an Ultra HD OLED TV.
- Was iPhone Sales Chart Incorrect At Event?
September 11 2013 11:44 AM
Apple unveiled two new iPhones Tuesday, but it also showed a pretty misleading chart on iPhone sales. Here are the real numbers.
- China Mobile, Do You Take Apple As A Lawful Partner Or Not?
September 10 2013 7:16 PM
In addition to whether Tim Cook is on a flight to Beijing right now, China Mobile is the big question on everyone's mind.