- Financial Engineers Or Tech CEOs?
February 24 2013 9:50 AM
It's Tim Cook’s turn to face the music when Apple holds its annual meeting on Wednesday. HP's Meg Whitman and Michael Dell know the challenge.
- Federal Judge Backs Einhorn, Bars Apple Shareholder Vote On Bylaws
February 22 2013 4:06 PM
A U.S. District Court judge backed Greenlight Capital management’s challenge to Apple by barring a shareholder vote on bylaws this week.
- Whitman Reasserts HP Won't Be Broken Up During Earnings Conference Call
February 22 2013 3:40 PM
Hewlett-Packard Co. CEO Meg Whitman quashed speculation, saying, “We have no plans to break up the company.”
- How Secure Is Your Cellphone From Hackers?
February 22 2013 1:43 PM
With major problems from cyberattackers on earthbound computer networks, IBM's mobile security chief says mobile networks can be safe.
- Zendesk Says Hackers Penetrated It, Affecting Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest
February 22 2013 10:00 AM
The attackers were able to download customer email addresses and subject lines of emails, Zendesk said.
- Oracle Rolls Out Software To Cut Finance Risks
February 21 2013 5:21 PM
Oracle Corp. announced three advanced software products for financial institutions to minimize risk, improve credit analysis and monitor capital requirements.
- HP's 1Q Benefits From Cost Cuts As Sales Fall
February 21 2013 5:08 PM
Hewlett-Packard Co. reported first-quarter earnings that blew past estimates despite slumps in sales of PCs and services as a result of CEO Meg Whitman’s massive cuts.
- Ziff Davis Shuts Down IGN Media Subsidiaries
February 21 2013 4:50 PM
Ziff Davis is gutting IGN Media following its acquisition from News Corp, according to a leaked memo from CEO Vivek Shah.
- Pinterest Raises $200M, Now Valued At $2.5B
February 21 2013 11:43 AM
Pinterest has completed a $200 million round of fundraising led by Valiant Capital Management after expanding the reach and user base of its social network last year.
- Yahoo's Yang Takes 'Observer' Role At Lenovo
February 21 2013 11:19 AM
China’s Lenovo Group said Jerry Yang, co-founder of Yahoo, will be an “observer” on its board of directors, although he won’t have a vote.
- Einhorn Sets Call To Lobby Apple Shareholders Vs. Cook
February 21 2013 11:08 AM
Activist investor David Einhorn plans a major push against Apple Thursday in a webcast urging a vote against a bylaw change.
- IBM Introduces MobileFirst, Deepens AT&T Ties
February 21 2013 6:04 AM
IMB said the goal is to harmonize computer networks with growing numbers of employees who use mobile devices like laptops and smartphones
- Kellogg Recalls Special K Red Berries Cereal Because Of Broken Glass Fragments In Boxes
February 20 2013 7:16 PM
Kellogg has voluntarily recalled their Special K Red Berries cereal because of broken glass fragments.
- Will Cybersecurity Order Do Enough To Deter Hackers?
February 20 2013 5:06 PM
Will President Obama's cybersecurity directive protect U.S. companies and networks from Chinese hackers?
- Can The PlayStation 4 Revive The Game Industry?
February 20 2013 1:40 PM
Sony is expected to announce its next-generation video game console tonight at a press conference in New York, but analysts are already doubtful of the new PlayStation's commercial prospects.
- Red Hat To Make Linux Available For 'Big Data' Users
February 20 2013 1:21 PM
Red Hat, the biggest seller of open-source Linux software, will make products available to the open-source community to speed cloud applications.
- Judge May Favor Apple Challenger Greenlight
February 20 2013 9:53 AM
A U.S. District Court judge reserved decision on Greenlight Capital's challenge to Apple after indicating sympathy with the challenger.
- Has The Bleeding Stopped Yet At HP?
February 20 2013 6:02 AM
When Hewlett-Packard reports first-quarter results on Thursday, investors expect another decline. How much longer will revenue fall?
- Dell's 4Q Plunges One-Third On Huge Sales Drop
February 19 2013 6:13 PM
Dell's enterprise business held up and partially offset plunging PC and mobility revenue in the fourth quarter.
- Google Closes Above $800 First Time Since 2004 IPO
February 19 2013 4:17 PM
For the first time since its 2004 initial public offering, shares of Google closed above $800, valuing the search engine and media company at nearly $266 billion.