- Life and Times of Winamp
November 21 2013 11:15 AM
After 15 years, Winamp announced on its website that it will be closing for good on Dec. 20.
- Mass. Police Department Infected With CryptoLocker, Pays Ransom
November 20 2013 5:34 PM
A local police force in Swansea, Mass., recently had to pay $750 in Bitcoins to recover images and documents encrypted by CryptoLocker.
- Estella’s Brilliant Bus Crosses The Digital Divide
November 20 2013 12:14 AM
Retired guidance counselor Estella Pyform’s Brilliant Bus provides technology resources for residents in need throughout Palm Beach County, Fla.
- How Cookies Cost Google $17 Million
November 19 2013 12:25 AM
Google altered its DoubleClick code to evade the default privacy settings on Safari, without users’ knowledge or consent.
- Has Apple Bought The Technology Behind Microsoft's Kinect?
November 18 2013 4:07 AM
Despite a recent increase in the valuation of PrimeSense, the deal is not likely to be a huge win for Apple's investors, a new report said.
- Meet inFORM Dynamic Shape Display
November 15 2013 3:09 PM
TMG has developed the inFORM, a “Dynamic Shape Display” that lets users render 3D content with physical objects.
- Study Finds Porn Is Popular Cause Of Corporate Malware
November 14 2013 5:08 PM
A study found that 40 percent of malware analysts have removed malware that originated from a senior executive visiting a pornographic website.
- Wolfram Research Unveils New Project, The Wolfram Language
November 14 2013 2:29 PM
A synthesis of Stephen Wolfram's blog post about new project the Wolfram Language.
- HP Chromebook 11 Pulled From Shelves Due To Overheating
November 13 2013 7:31 PM
Google and Hewlett-Packard announced they would stop sales of the HP Chromebook 11 after reports of the charger overheating.
- NSA Starts University Programs
November 12 2013 4:26 PM
The NSA announced a new program, in a partnership with the Department of Homeland Security and 181 Universities across the country, to help train the next generation of analysts and cybersecurity experts.
- MakerBot Introduces 3D Printing Tech To US Schools
November 12 2013 3:52 PM
MakerBot Academy, mentioned in the 2013 State Of The Union Address, called for a return of manufacturing and technology jobs to the U.S.
- Google Glass Getting Music Features
November 12 2013 11:54 AM
Google is expanding Glass to musicians and music lovers with a new set of features that it announced Tuesday morning on Google Plus.
- NSA, GCHQ Deployed Fake LinkedIn Pages
November 11 2013 11:41 AM
Snowden revealed that U.K. intelligence agency GCHQ used fake LinkedIn and Slashdot pages to plant malware within a Belgian telecom company.
- Bitcoin Wallet Company Hacked, Loses 4100 BTCs
November 07 2013 12:50 PM
Bitcoin wallet company Inputs.io hacked and loses 4100 BTCs, worth anywhere from $800,000 to $1 Million
- Arden Hayes, Adorable 5-Year-Old Genius And Apple Enthusiast, Rejects Free Sony Xperia Tablet Z On ‘Jimmy Kimmel Live’ [VIDEO]
November 07 2013 10:58 AM
5-year-old genius Arden Hayes gave Apple some free publicity on "Jimmy Kimmel Live."
- Apple Discloses Data On User Information Requests By Governments
November 06 2013 1:51 AM
Apple's report, published for the first time, shows requests made by the U.S. government for user-account information dominate the list.
- CryptoLocker Hackers Offer Second Chance At Decryption
November 05 2013 6:03 PM
Did you catch the CryptoLocker malware and refuse to pay the ransom to get your files back? The hackers responsible are offering you a second chance.
- PlayStation 4 Launch Marketing Blitz Begins
November 05 2013 4:11 PM
The PlayStation 4 launch is on Nov. 15 and Sony is starting its marketing blitz with several new commercials as well as new gameplay footage from Killzone: Shadow Fall" and "Resogun."
- Apple Likely To Regain Momentum In Tablet Market In Q4: Report
November 05 2013 6:08 AM
However, while Q4 estimates look impressive, they represent a mere 4 percent growth in iPad shipments compared to 2012 volumes.
- Google Doodle Celebrates 'Father Of Industrial Design'
November 05 2013 3:17 AM
Raymond Loewy was born on Nov. 5, 1893 in Paris, France and designed early refrigerators, vending machines, cigarette packs and space stations.