- As Google Smartwatch Release Date Nears, Android Boss Announces Wearable SDK
March 10 2014 1:06 PM
Sundar Pichai announced at SXSW in Austin, Tex., that Google would release an SDK for smartwatches and other Android wearables this month.
- Google Could Face $5B Fine From India's Fair Trade Watchdog
March 10 2014 1:38 AM
Google, if found guilty of violating local norms, will pay India 10 percent of annual revenues for three years.
- Arizona Toddler Uses ‘FaceTime’ To Rescue Mom
March 09 2014 9:56 PM
Arizona mom, Laure Toone, was bleeding profusely from her hand and felt like she might pass out.
- Are The Russians Hacking Ukrainian Networks?
March 08 2014 3:57 PM
What's behind the spike in cyberattacks by a sophisticated, Russian-language malware in Ukraine?
- Apple Looks For Siri Partners Prior To iWatch Release
March 08 2014 10:40 AM
Search apps are a key battleground for wearable technology.
- Flawed Contract With HP Led To US Navy Network Hack: Report
March 07 2014 6:58 AM
A clean-up of the U.S. Navy’s intranet, which has 800,000 users at 2,500 locations, reportedly took four months and cost $10 million.
- HP Chromebook 14 Review: Haswell Turbocharges Chrome OS
March 06 2014 2:49 PM
The HP Chromebook 14 is the best Google laptop on the market, thanks to its roomy size and incredible battery life.
- Apple Moved Profits Away From Australia To Evade Taxes: Report
March 06 2014 4:41 AM
The issue of global businesses moving money around to avoid paying local taxes was also raised at the February G-20 meeting in Sydney.
- GoDaddy And US Embassy Remove Mexican Protest Website
March 05 2014 6:40 PM
On Dec. 2, 2013, 1.dmx.org disappeared after its host suspended service due to “an ongoing law enforcement investigation.”
- Apple Will Stop Production Of Entry Level Macbook Pros In Favor Of Retina Display Versions
March 05 2014 4:44 PM
Apple is rumored to be stopping production of the regular 13-inch Macbook Pro, reducing their Pro-line laptop offering to only retina-display devices.
- New Scam Threatening Netflix Users
March 05 2014 2:59 PM
A fake Netflix login page asks for the victim’s credentials and informs them that their account has been suspended for “unusual activity.”
- Interactive Map Shows The World's Vast Network Of Underwater Internet Cables
March 05 2014 2:45 PM
The Submarine Cable Map provides a unique look at how the world is connected in the information age.
- Roku ‘Streaming Stick’ Announced
March 05 2014 1:20 AM
The Streaming Stick is more expensive than Chromecast, but it comes with access to more content.
- Why RadioShack Is Closing 1,100 Stores
March 04 2014 1:37 PM
Four weeks after its '80s-themed Super Bowl ad went viral, the Texas-based retailer released grim fourth-quarter earnings. Layoffs are expected.
- Google Glass Getting KitKat Update
March 04 2014 7:18 AM
Does Google's forthcoming KitKat update (Android 4.4) for Glass mean that the product is almost ready to ship, or will the LG Nexus Watch show up first?
- Android Powered More Tablets Sold In 2013 Than Apple's iOS
March 03 2014 2:32 PM
The strong Android performance suggests that a majority of mainstream consumers want tablets that don't require Apple's premium prices.
- Ear PC Is Demoed By Japanese Company NS West
March 02 2014 8:02 PM
Japanese machinery maker NS West has demoed a new wearable PC that can trigger commands based on your facial expressions.
- Apple Ends Snow Leopard
February 27 2014 4:10 PM
Apple will no longer support Snow Leopard, despite the fact that 16% of Macs and Macbooks still run on OS X 10.6.
- Coming Soon: Hands-Free Apple Computer
February 27 2014 1:31 PM
A patent filed by Apple revealed a new method for hiding advanced sensors on the body of a computer.
- A Computer Virus That Spreads Like The Common Cold
February 26 2014 1:56 PM
The Chameleon malware can also identify security weaknesses in Wi-Fi networks to quickly spread between homes and businesses.