- Apple Begins Work On iOS 8 And OS X 10.10 Syrah
October 09 2013 5:39 AM
The new OS X 10.10 Syrah will feature a new UI inspired by iOS 7 while little is known about the iOS 8’s design.
- Developing Countries: Mobile Growth Soon
October 09 2013 12:00 AM
A report shows the predominance of mobile over broadband Internet connection worldwide, and the importance of young, tech-savvy consumers.
- Apple Seeds OS X Mavericks Golden Master To Developers
October 04 2013 3:42 AM
While the OS X 10.9 Mavericks is expected to arrive later this month, Apple is also rumored to be working on the next version of the OS.
- Google Acquires Flutter
October 03 2013 12:20 PM
The search giant acquired Flutter, a Palo Alto, Calif.-based tech startup that builds touchless gesture software, for an undisclosed sum.
- iPad 5, iPad Mini 2 Likely In Q4 With 8MP Camera: Analyst
October 03 2013 2:04 AM
If news of 8-megapixel shooters in the new iPads is true, it would be the first time Apple would use high-res cameras in its tablets.
- Google Chromecast Adds Hulu Plus, No Timetable For Pandora
October 02 2013 2:21 PM
The Hulu Plus app for Android devices and iPad has been updated to support Google's Chromecast streaming device, but support for the iPhone is still missing.
- Facebook’s Mobile Ad Revenue Soared In Late 2013
October 01 2013 12:08 PM
Citi analysts predicted Facebook’s mobile ad revenues per user this year could top its desktop ad revenues for the first time.
- Microsoft Kills MSN TV, But Alternatives Exist For Seniors
September 30 2013 7:16 PM
Microsoft once targeted the senior citizens with MSN TV (formerly Web TV), and as the service dies those looking for alternative ways to keep family members online will face a few issues.
- Apple Crowned World's Most Valuable Brand
September 30 2013 7:11 AM
Apple displaced Coca-Cola, which had held the No. 1 position for 13 consecutive years, according to a "best brands" report.
- H33t Down Again As H33t.eu Domain Seized
September 28 2013 1:38 PM
Torrent tracking website h33t (h33t.com) went down earlier this month due to a German copyright claim from Universal Media Group, and the replacement URL h33t.eu is now down as well.
- eBay Buys Payment Platform For $800M
September 27 2013 8:37 AM
The all-cash deal for payment service company Braintree could give PayPal an edge over its rivals in a growing sector.
- iPad 5 Possible By Oct., But Retina iPad Mini Unlikely Until Q1
September 27 2013 7:30 AM
Apple may not release a retina iPad mini alongside the iPad 5 in October due to low production volumes, a new report said.
- Google Marks 15th Anniversary With Hummingbird [PHOTOS]
September 27 2013 3:05 AM
Google quietly introduces Hummingbird, a new search-engine algorithm developed largely in response to the rise in voice searches from mobile devices.
- 3 Major US Data Brokers Hacked, Michelle Obama Among Victims
September 27 2013 1:58 AM
The hackers stole confidential data including social security numbers of many prominent U.S. citizens.
- London Teen Arrested In 'World's Biggest Cyber Attack'
September 26 2013 7:46 PM
A teenager in London was arrested in the DDoS cyber attack on Spamhaus, called the world's biggest ever.
- Bill Gates: 'Control-Alt-Delete’ Was A Mistake [VIDEO]
September 26 2013 11:49 AM
The combination was created to trigger a soft reboot, since it was impossible to press all three keys with one hand.
- Nexus 7 Vs. Kindle Fire HDX: Which Tablet Should You Buy?
September 25 2013 7:27 PM
Amazon announced details of the Kindle Fire HDX, and while pricing and form factor mimic the Nexus 7, the tablets have a few stark contrasts.
- John McAfee To Launch New Cyber Security Company
September 25 2013 2:10 PM
John McAfee, the eccentric software giant who founded the company that bears his name, wants to start a new company in Silicon Valley.
- AMD 2014 GPU Product Showcase Live Stream: 'Hawaii' GPU Expected To Be Unveiled
September 25 2013 2:10 PM
AMD will live-stream its 2014 GPU Product Showcase event at 3 p.m., and we expect to see the "Hawaii" line of GPUs unveiled. Watch the live stream here.
- iPad Rumors: ‘Space Gray’ iPad 5 Shells, Bigger iPad With 12-Inch Display
September 25 2013 6:28 AM
Apple may introduce a new color option for its upcoming iPad 5, while rumors also suggest the future possibility of a 12-inch iPad.