- Pay With Bitcoins Easily With Google Chrome Extension
January 28 2014 3:16 PM
A Canadian software engineer revealed a new extension for the Google Chrome browser that makes it easier for new bitcoin users to make payments with their digital currency.
- What Is DeepMind, Exactly?
January 28 2014 9:53 AM
Google reportedly paid upwards of $500 million for DeepMind, an AI outfit with no commercial products to its name. How will Google put it to use?
- Google Picks DeepMind
January 28 2014 12:09 AM
The technology giant is expected to extend its foray into artificial intelligence with this acquisition.
- Google Fixes Gmail Glitch
January 27 2014 2:04 PM
The bug was revealed Friday when a man said his Hotmail account was getting thousands of blank, no-subject emails.
- Mac 30th Anniversary: 9 Moments In Mac History
January 25 2014 8:12 AM
Can you handle a nine-inch screen and a resolution of 512x342 pixels?
- Who Hacked Target?
January 24 2014 5:42 PM
Five people have been linked, in one capacity or another, to one of the largest cybersecurity breaches in history.
- Is Your Gmail Down?
January 24 2014 2:27 PM
Users began reporting that Gmail, Google's web-based email service, was down at about 2 p.m. EST on Friday.
- Apple's Mac: Has It Really Been 30 Years?
January 24 2014 12:43 PM
Jan. 24 marks the 30th anniversary of the Apple Macintosh, which revolutionized the computing industry for years to come.
- Looking For An Alternative To LogMeIn? Here Are 6
January 23 2014 3:42 PM
There are plenty of LogMeIn alternatives for anyone looking for a new way to remotely access a computer.
- Apple's Iconic Macintosh Ad Turns 30
January 22 2014 4:47 PM
The tagline stated: “On January 24th, Apple Computer will introduce Macintosh. And you’ll see why 1984 won’t be like ‘1984.’”
- Why Was China's Internet Traffic Directed To Wyoming?
January 22 2014 3:13 PM
Nearly three-quarters of China’s servers, which direct traffic behind China’s “Great Firewall,” routed traffic to Internet addresses owned by Sophidea Incorporated, a company headquartered at 2710 Thomas Avenue in Cheyenne.
- LogMeIn Free Is Dead, Long Live LogMeIn
January 21 2014 6:03 PM
Beginning Tuesday, the company will gradually migrate users of its free products to LogMeIn Pro.
- What is BuzzMyFx?
January 21 2014 3:02 PM
BuzzMyFx is a bit trickier than your standard content scraper, and is stealing ad revenue from thousands of bloggers.
- 5 Steps To Building A Bitcoin Or Litecoin Mining Computer
January 18 2014 10:25 AM
Mining for digital dollars is being pitched as a new gold rush.
- Subsidies Are The $64,000 Question As Apple Rolls Out iPhone With China Mobile
January 17 2014 7:53 AM
The battle between Samsung and Apple moves to subsidies as iPhone rolls out on China Mobile.
- How Google Uses Your Search/Browsing History Against You
January 16 2014 10:47 AM
A lot of people hate Google's targeted ads. Here's how the company does it.
- How The NSA Spies On Offline Computers
January 15 2014 12:59 PM
Just days before Obama is expected to announce new restrictions on spying, Edward Snowden revealed another NSA surveillance tactic.
- 5 Tech Inventions Better Than Sci-Fi
January 15 2014 11:37 AM
These inventions are bringing "imaginary" technology to life.
- 6 Bitcoin Competitors To Watch
January 14 2014 5:53 PM
You've heard about bitcoins, but here's what you should know about some of its competitors.
- Apple Files Several Liquidmetal Related Patents: Will They Make Their Ways Into iOS Devices?
January 14 2014 12:55 PM
Apple filed several patents related to LiquidMetal amorphous alloys. Will they find their way into the next batch of iOS devices such as the iPhone 6?