- Apple Granted 36 New Patents
September 24 2013 3:57 PM
Apple was granted 36 new patents by the U.S. Patent and Trademark office on Tuesday.
- Apple Unveils New-And-Improved iMacs
September 24 2013 3:10 PM
After a record-breaking weekend for the iPhone, Apple on Tuesday announced the 2013 iMac, which features a handful of new and improved specs.
- Microsoft Surface 2, Surface Pro 2 Unveiled
September 23 2013 12:45 PM
Speed and productivity are the highlighted features of these new tablets, but they also boast better battery life and camera resolution.
- Apple Rumored To Hold An iPad Event On Oct. 15
September 17 2013 7:03 AM
Supporting earlier rumors of a mid-October iPad 5 launch, a new report said the company would hold an event on Oct. 15, dedicated to iPads.
- Sony To Release Chromecast Competitor
September 16 2013 7:22 PM
Sony is working on a new Google TV device similar to the Chromecast with bulkier design, more features and a higher price.
- H33t Down Over 'Blurred Lines,' Hosting At New URL
September 16 2013 1:06 PM
H33t.com is back up at H33t.edu, and the reason the file-sharing site went down has been revealed -- a copyright claim over Robin Thicke's new album "Blurred Lines."
- Apple's OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.5 Update Brings Key Bug Fixes
September 13 2013 7:15 AM
The new OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.5 software's bug fixes are related to the Mail app and the OS screensaver feature among others.
- Chromebooks Featuring Haswell Chips Coming Soon
September 12 2013 7:08 PM
Chromebooks featuring energy-efficient processors from Intel are on the way from HP, Asus and Toshiba.
- Microsoft's 'Cortana' Will Unify Windows Phone, Xbox One, Computers
September 12 2013 1:35 PM
Cortana, a holographic artificial intelligence from Microsoft's Halo series, is also the codename for a virtual assistant that will bridge Windows Phone 8.1 devices, the Xbox One, and Windows computers.
- Tablets To Beat PCs In Global Shipments In Q4 2013
September 12 2013 7:10 AM
What's more, IDC expects tablet shipments to exceed PC shipments annually by end of 2015.
- New Apple TV Hardware Rumored To Be Launched Next Month
September 12 2013 1:40 AM
Rumors claim Apple is preparing to launch a new TV hardware product in October, along with the next-generation iPads.
- Stanford Scientists Produce Graphene With DNA
September 10 2013 4:40 PM
Using DNA as a mechanism to construct graphene, the scientists were able to build a transistor.
- Microsoft Will Release Windows 8.1 Early To Developers
September 10 2013 4:19 PM
Microsoft (MSFT) will release the beta update to developers earlier than to the general public.
- Microsoft To Unveil Surface 2 On Sept. 23 In New York
September 10 2013 4:40 AM
Microsoft has invited the press to a media event on Sept. 23 in New York, where it will unveil the new Surface 2 tablets.
- Google Speeding Up New Encryption Project
September 08 2013 10:43 AM
Google said it has accelerated efforts to build new encryption software that's impenetrable to the government agencies.
- Apple May Release OS X Mavericks By End Of October
September 07 2013 9:45 AM
Apple may release the OS X Mavericks in late October, letting its software team focus on the iOS 7, which is expected to be released shortly.
- H33T.com Torrent Site Down, New Domain Announced
September 07 2013 8:59 AM
Torrent tracking site H33T went down on Friday, due to a court order against its Web host.
- Intel Israel Developing 3D Camera That Detects Emotions
September 06 2013 4:19 PM
Intel’s research and development department in Haifa, Israel, is developing a 3D camera for laptops and tablets that has the ability to decipher a user’s emotions.
- Secret Decryption Programs: 10 Things To Know
September 06 2013 12:38 PM
Experts have said the programs “undermine the fabric of the Internet,” but are they worse than previous Snowden-revealed surveillance programs?
- Elon Musk Reveals Hands-Free Engineering System: Hopes Invention Will Revolutionize Designer Manufacturing
September 05 2013 6:23 PM
Musk developed a system that allows engineers to design complex parts using hand gestures through the air and instantly create it.