- With Chromebase, LG To Target Hospitality, Enterprise
December 18 2013 10:49 AM
LG announced it will release the Chromebase, the first all-in-one PC running the Chrome OS, in 2014.
- Amazon Wants China To Walk On The Cloud
December 18 2013 9:19 AM
The expansion represents another win for Amazon’s increasingly important cloud computing business.
- Apple Releases OS X 10.9.1 Mavericks Update
December 17 2013 12:44 AM
In addition to the general OS X 10.9.1 build, Apple also released a system-specific version for the late 2013 MacBook Pro with Retina display.
- Did The NSA Invent Fake Malware Threat On '60 Minutes?'
December 16 2013 4:22 PM
NSA Director Gen. Keith Alexander defended the NSA’s covert surveillance programs on CBS' “60 Minutes” on Sunday night.
- US Leads World In E-Waste: New Interactive World Map
December 16 2013 3:05 AM
By 2017, the world’s electronic waste could fill a line of 40-ton trucks end-to-end that would stretch 3/4 around the world.
- Quotes For Custom Mac Pro Configurations Top $9,000
December 14 2013 9:19 AM
Reports of pricing beyond the standard Mac Pro configurations suggests the maxed-out Apple desktop could cost more than $9,000.
- Yahoo's Mail Fail - Outage Ends, Issues Persist
December 12 2013 3:39 PM
Dissatisfied users have taken to Twitter (#yahoomailfail) to complain about issues with signing in and sending/receiving email.
- Homeless Coder Releases Mobile Carpooling App
December 11 2013 12:04 PM
On Aug. 22, Grand was approached by a 23-year-old programmer who offered him $100 in cash or coding lessons.
- Chinese Hackers Spied On Europeans
December 10 2013 2:03 PM
The hackers sent emails to staff members containing files with misleading titles like “US_military_options_in_Syria" that contained malware.
- Chinese Hackers Broke Into EU Ministries Before G-20: Report
December 10 2013 5:29 AM
A California-based cybersecurity firm said hackers released malicious code on to computers before September’s G-20 summit in Russia.
- What US Tech Companies Want From Obama
December 09 2013 6:59 AM
The latest public revolt comes at a time when Obama is planning to introduce sweeping changes to the NSA and laws governing the agency.
- Apple's New Mac Pro May Launch Dec. 16, According To German Retailer
December 04 2013 4:33 PM
The 2013 Mac Pro from Apple may see its release date on Monday, Dec. 16, if one German retailer's online listing is accurate.
- Valve Joins Linux Foundation In Anticipation Of SteamOS And Steam Machine Launch
December 04 2013 10:57 AM
Ahead of its Steam Machine and SteamOS launch, Valve Software has announced that it joined the Linux Foundation on Dec. 4.
- Hacker School In Israel
December 03 2013 12:34 PM
Instructors at the “Cyber Gym” launch simulated attacks against a computer system in the “defense room.”
- Worldwide PC Shipments To Witness Worst Contraction Ever: Report
December 03 2013 6:56 AM
While the PC remains the primary computing device for most people, it's being used less and less.
- Microsoft Planning 'Threshold' Update For Windows
December 02 2013 4:24 PM
According to a leaked internal email, Microsoft is planning a major update to all of its Windows operating systems, possibly for spring 2015.
- Secret Chinese Bitcoin Mine
December 02 2013 2:41 PM
A secret facility in Hong Kong is used to generate bitcoins.
- Cyber Monday Hard Drive Deals: The Best HDD & SSD Discounts From Amazon, Newegg And More
December 02 2013 10:31 AM
Looking for more digital storage space? Cyber Monday (part of Cyber Week) is here with more hard drive and solid-state drive (SSD) discounts from Amazon, Newegg, Best Buy and more.
- Cyber Monday Video Game Deals
December 02 2013 4:32 AM
Gamers can expect many bargains this Cyber Monday, and here's a look at some of the best online deals.
- Black Friday 2013 Deals From Apple
November 29 2013 3:39 AM
While some customers are expected to welcome the new gift card scheme many would still prefer discounts over free gift cards.