- How Big Data Companies Are Trying To Win Corporate Clients
December 20 2013 2:16 PM
Devices that track your location and scan your face are on the brink of broad adoption, according to retail specialists.
- PC Gamer In Your Life? Buy Them This For Xmas [VIDEO]
December 19 2013 3:39 PM
Luke Villapaz gathered PC gaming accessories to even the gift-giving attention this year, so we brought him on camera to take us through the items.
- UK Porn Filters Blocking Sex Education Websites
December 19 2013 3:01 PM
UK porn filters are actually terrible at blocking porn, but have been particularly effective at blocking websites related to sex education and sexual health.
- Apple Mac Pro Is Now Available
December 19 2013 5:09 AM
Apple's new Mac Pro desktop, the company’s first product to be completely manufactured in the U.S., is now available on its online store.
- How Safe Is Your MacBook Webcam?
December 19 2013 3:18 AM
Researchers have found webcams on the 2008 MacBook and iMac models, and more recent models from other vendors, can be compromised.
- Who Has The Biggest Bitcoin Wallet?
December 18 2013 1:46 PM
BitcoinRichList ranks the wallets, and the largest contains more than 144,341 bitcoins.
- With Chromebase, LG To Target Hospitality, Enterprise
December 18 2013 10:49 AM
LG announced it will release the Chromebase, the first all-in-one PC running the Chrome OS, in 2014.
- Amazon Wants China To Walk On The Cloud
December 18 2013 9:19 AM
The expansion represents another win for Amazon’s increasingly important cloud computing business.
- Apple Releases OS X 10.9.1 Mavericks Update
December 17 2013 12:44 AM
In addition to the general OS X 10.9.1 build, Apple also released a system-specific version for the late 2013 MacBook Pro with Retina display.
- Did The NSA Invent Fake Malware Threat On '60 Minutes?'
December 16 2013 4:22 PM
NSA Director Gen. Keith Alexander defended the NSA’s covert surveillance programs on CBS' “60 Minutes” on Sunday night.
- US Leads World In E-Waste: New Interactive World Map
December 16 2013 3:05 AM
By 2017, the world’s electronic waste could fill a line of 40-ton trucks end-to-end that would stretch 3/4 around the world.
- Quotes For Custom Mac Pro Configurations Top $9,000
December 14 2013 9:19 AM
Reports of pricing beyond the standard Mac Pro configurations suggests the maxed-out Apple desktop could cost more than $9,000.
- Yahoo's Mail Fail - Outage Ends, Issues Persist
December 12 2013 3:39 PM
Dissatisfied users have taken to Twitter (#yahoomailfail) to complain about issues with signing in and sending/receiving email.
- Homeless Coder Releases Mobile Carpooling App
December 11 2013 12:04 PM
On Aug. 22, Grand was approached by a 23-year-old programmer who offered him $100 in cash or coding lessons.
- Chinese Hackers Spied On Europeans
December 10 2013 2:03 PM
The hackers sent emails to staff members containing files with misleading titles like “US_military_options_in_Syria" that contained malware.
- Chinese Hackers Broke Into EU Ministries Before G-20: Report
December 10 2013 5:29 AM
A California-based cybersecurity firm said hackers released malicious code on to computers before September’s G-20 summit in Russia.
- What US Tech Companies Want From Obama
December 09 2013 6:59 AM
The latest public revolt comes at a time when Obama is planning to introduce sweeping changes to the NSA and laws governing the agency.
- Apple's New Mac Pro May Launch Dec. 16, According To German Retailer
December 04 2013 4:33 PM
The 2013 Mac Pro from Apple may see its release date on Monday, Dec. 16, if one German retailer's online listing is accurate.
- Valve Joins Linux Foundation In Anticipation Of SteamOS And Steam Machine Launch
December 04 2013 10:57 AM
Ahead of its Steam Machine and SteamOS launch, Valve Software has announced that it joined the Linux Foundation on Dec. 4.
- Hacker School In Israel
December 03 2013 12:34 PM
Instructors at the “Cyber Gym” launch simulated attacks against a computer system in the “defense room.”