- Infineon Bets Big On Chips With $3B Acquisition
August 21 2014 3:15 AM
The transaction, which is said to be the biggest in Infineon’s history, is expected to close later this year or in early 2015.
- Apple's New iPhone Will Outsell Barbies, Cars And 'Thriller'
August 20 2014 4:44 PM
Apple's rumored iPhone 6 is expected to be the largest smartphone launch for the company, dwarfing sales of a number of different products.
- Chinese Hackers Used Heartbleed On Community Health: Report
August 20 2014 7:04 AM
The hackers used the Heartbleed bug to collect user credentials and log in through a virtual private network.
- German Software Giant SAP To Invest $500M In Africa
August 20 2014 4:12 AM
The business software giant, in a bit to tap into Africa's demographic dividend, will train 10,000 IT consultants.
- China Making Big Semiconductor Design Push: Report
August 18 2014 3:58 AM
The Chinese government plans to invest as much as $170 billion over the next five to 10 years in the industry, according to a McKinsey report.
- Intel, Michael J. Fox Foundation To Battle Parkinson's With Wearables
August 14 2014 10:51 AM
Wearables could transform data collection methods scientists use to try to treat Parkinson's.
- Open-Source Tool Allows Apple Users To 'Un-Trust' Computers
August 12 2014 5:52 AM
The new open-source tool is expected to help Apple iOS users change the "trusted" status of computers hooked to their mobile devices.
- Chromebooks Gaining Ground, Fueled By Education Sector
August 12 2014 1:49 AM
Of all the Chromebooks sold in 2013, 82 percent were bought in North America and the region is expected to drive future demand.
- New Surface Pro 3 Ads Show Why Microsoft Still Doesn't Get Marketing
August 11 2014 5:30 PM
Is Redmond wise for trying to compare the Surface to the Macbook instead of the iPad?
- Is This The Future Of Computing? IBM's New 'Brain-Like' Processor
August 08 2014 7:38 AM
TrueNorth integrates 5.4 billion transistors, which is the most IBM has ever put in a chip, and consumes just 70 milliwatts of power.
- Hello, Siri, Meet Mac
August 07 2014 1:36 PM
Apple's Siri digital assistant may come to the OS X desktop, according to a new patent application.
- Gmail Just Made It A Lot Easier To Unsubscribe From Unwanted Emails
August 07 2014 10:43 AM
Google has announced a small, but potentially helpful new Gmail feature.
- China Bans Apple Products From Government Agencies
August 06 2014 11:25 AM
Apple products have been excluded from Chinese government procurement lists amid growing security concerns.
- New Moto 360 Smartwatch Photos Leak Online
August 06 2014 10:49 AM
The Moto 360 will feature a heart rate sensor and unique round design, according to leaked photos.
- Amazon Expands Same-Day Delivery To 6 US Cities
August 06 2014 3:44 AM
The retailer reportedly said that it now has more than a million items to offer to its customers on its website.
- LinkedIn To Pay $6M In Compensation For Violating Labor Laws
August 05 2014 6:23 AM
LinkedIn was directed to pay $3.3 million in overtime wages and nearly $2.5 million in damages to 359 current and former employees.
- NFL, Microsoft Integrate 'Surface' Tablets For Sideline Use
August 04 2014 1:12 PM
NFL teams will have access to Microsoft "Surface 3" tablets during games to study photos and design plays in real time.
- Samsung Plans Circular Smartwatch
July 31 2014 5:10 PM
Patent applications reveal a round smart watch could be on the docket for Samsung.
- With Moverio BT-200 Smart Glasses, Epson Hopes To Take On Google Glass
July 30 2014 2:35 PM
Just don't wear them outside.
- New Infosys Chief Favors Tweaks Over Drastic Changes At IT Giant
July 30 2014 1:56 PM
Infosys CEO-in-waiting sees great oppotunity in building innovative software