- A Computer Virus That Spreads Like The Common Cold
February 26 2014 1:56 PM
The Chameleon malware can also identify security weaknesses in Wi-Fi networks to quickly spread between homes and businesses.
- Hackers Take AWeber Offline
February 25 2014 6:09 PM
On Monday at 1:52 p.m. EST, AWeber tweeted that it was investigating an “unscheduled site interruption.”
- Mac OSX 10.9.2 Mavericks Update Released: SSL 'Gotofail' Bug Patched, FaceTime Audio And iMessage Blocking Added
February 25 2014 2:32 PM
Mac OSX Mavericks 10.9.2 has been finally released by Apple. Among the changes is FaceTime audio support, iMessage blocking and a fix for the "gotofail" SSL bug.
- Global Smartphone Usage Surpasses PCs
February 25 2014 12:30 PM
What's more, Americans spent about 7 more hours per month on their phones than on a computer, and the gap is even wider for Europeans.
- Why Does Sina Corp Want Weibo On A US Exchange
February 25 2014 7:02 AM
Weibo, a Twitter-like forum in the Chinese social media market, is losing ground to Tencent's WeChat.
- OS X 10.9.2 Mavericks Update Nears With New Features
February 25 2014 4:43 AM
The update is expected to include a fix for the “goto fail” SSL bug, although the accompanying release notes make no mention of the fix.
- Steve Jobs 59th Birthday: 9 Inspirational Quotes From The Late Apple Co-Founder And CEO
February 24 2014 12:25 PM
Monday marks what would have been Steve Jobs' 59th birthday. Take a look at some of Jobs' memorable and inspirational quotes here.
- Microsoft Introduces OneDrive
February 19 2014 5:10 PM
The rebranding of SkyDrive is due in part to Microsoft losing a trademark dispute over the “Sky” name with the British Sky Broadcasting Group.
- American Sues Ethiopian Government For Spying
February 18 2014 4:50 PM
The plaintiff -- referred to as “Mr. Kidane” in the lawsuit -- claimed the spyware wiretapped his Skype calls and monitored his family’s computer use.
- New Apple Patent Awarded, Imagine A Macbook With A Virtual Keyboard
February 18 2014 2:33 PM
Apple is exploring touch capabilities on more devices than just their iPad and iPhones; Apple is looking into using the Macbook’s frame as a touch input as well.
- US Navy Needed 4 Months To Repel Iran Hack
February 18 2014 1:37 PM
The hackers group was “working directly for Iran’s government [or] acting with the approval of Iranian leaders.”
- US Expecting Energy-Sector Cyberterrorism Wave?
February 18 2014 12:39 PM
"The Mask" cyberthreat operation is said to be targeting oil and natural gas companies.
- Google Buys Israeli Startup SlickLogin
February 17 2014 12:56 PM
SlickLogin generates a nearly-silent soundwave through a computer's speakers that is picked up by a smartphone app to verify a user's identity.
- Presidents Day Sales And Discounts On Electronics
February 15 2014 7:55 PM
Many of the Presidents Day sales have already kicked off.
- Robot Termites Show The Future Of Science [VIDEO]
February 14 2014 11:37 AM
Harvard engineers have developed robots to build, based on the study of termites
- NSA Claims Snowden Stole Password To Access Classified Documents
February 13 2014 1:56 PM
An NSA memo implicated three individuals in helping Snowden access classified documents, and it accused Snowden of tricking them.
- ''Steve Jobs Time Capsule' Found
February 12 2014 4:55 PM
Jobs added the Apple Lisa mouse he used during a 1983 speech talk to a time capsule filled with objects donated by conference attendees.
- Hackers Launch Massive Attack Against Bitcoin Exchanges
February 11 2014 4:46 PM
At the root of the problem is transaction malleability, a code fault that lets a third-party manipulate transactions.
- iOS 7 Coding Hints At Next-Gen Apple TV Hardware
February 11 2014 1:59 AM
The new device was identified as “AppleTV4,1” indicating a major refresh to the Apple TV hardware platform.
- Will Cheaper Smartphones Revive HTC’s Fortunes?
February 10 2014 5:13 AM
HTC sold one in every 10 smartphones globally two years ago, but in 2013 its worldwide market share took a dive.