- Google Starts 'Small' With Wireless Internet
May 23 2014 10:11 AM
How will Google's plan to lease Wi-Fi hardware to small businesses affect consumers and advertisers beyond free Internet access?
- New Hardware Likely At Apple’s WWDC In June
May 22 2014 6:24 AM
The updated app includes a revamped user interface with a new icon to reflect the design changes.
- Surface Pro 3 vs. MacBook Air And IPad Air: Which One Is Best?
May 21 2014 4:48 PM
Microsoft's newly announced Surface Pro 3 offers fairly good competition for Apple, but will it stand the test of time?
- Smartphone Cameras Offer Key To Securing Data
May 20 2014 2:43 PM
Researchers have found a foolproof way to encrypt data online, using a smartphone's camera.
- Microsoft Announces Surface Pro 3 As Possible Laptop Killer
May 20 2014 2:05 PM
Microsoft announced the “the tablet that can replace your laptop” Tuesday at a special event at Internet Week.
- Apple Details OS X 10.9.3 4K Display Enhancements
May 17 2014 12:33 PM
The 4K display support allows users to connect their devices to an external 4K monitor and take advantage of refresh rates of 60Hz.
- Apple Releases OS X 10.9.3 Mavericks
May 16 2014 2:15 AM
The update uses the pixel-doubling technique to enable true Retina experience where the size of user interface elements remains unaffected.
- The Floor's Officially Open On Net Neutrality
May 15 2014 1:15 PM
Now's the time to speak up if you don't think ISPs should be able to charge big companies for faster Internet access.
- New Questions About the Safety of Computer Chip Manufacturing
May 14 2014 8:18 PM
The science isn't definitive, but something seems to be giving Samsung workers cancer.
- Yahoo Buys 'Self-Destructing' Blink App
May 14 2014 7:33 AM
Much like Snapchat, Blink helps users send content that can self-destruct as soon as it's consumed.
- Are We Headed Back To A World Before Search Engines?
May 13 2014 3:43 PM
The EU's ruling that Google must respond to requests to remove "irrelevant" information could close doors that the Internet opened for everyone.
- Is OS X 10.9.3 Mavericks Around The Corner?
May 09 2014 11:10 AM
The next OS X update is also expected to enable users to sync contacts and calendar info locally.
- Samsung's Selfie Revolution Goes Pro
May 08 2014 4:30 PM
There are some people in this world who would pay $529 to get the perfect selfie. With Samsung's new camera, they can.
- Net Neutrality Is The 'Free Speech Issue Of Our Time': US Senator
May 07 2014 4:15 PM
Al Franken says the FCC's proposed Internet rules are a dire threat to Net neutrality.
- Google And Intel Hold Chrome OS Event: Live Stream
May 06 2014 1:09 PM
Google and Intel are co-hosting a Chrome OS event Tuesday afternoon.
- AntiVirus Isn't Dead, Just Unprofitable
May 05 2014 6:55 PM
Did Symantec just tell its customers that they’ve been paying for an obsolete product?
- How #AmazonCart Works On Twitter
May 05 2014 4:53 PM
Twitter users can add tweeted products to their Amazon.com shopping baskets -- if they're willing to jump through a few hoops.
- US Military Researching Bitcoin As Potential Terrorist Threat
May 03 2014 10:04 AM
A DOD unit is exploring the role of bitcoin and other virtual currencies in financing terrorism.
- Apple Secret: New Biometric Headphones May Be Coming With iOS 8
May 02 2014 11:03 AM
On the popular gossip-sharing app Secret, a supposed ex-Apple employee divulged some information about Apple’s next iPhone headphones.
- Apple OSX Will Get Major Focus At WWDC 2014
May 01 2014 5:09 PM
Sources close to WWDC say Apple is moving software developers off of iOS 8 and onto OSX 10.10.