- RSA Denies It Was Rewarded By NSA For Flawed Encryption Tool
December 23 2013 2:07 AM
In September, media reports revealed that RSA's BSAFE encryption tool had a major security flaw, which aided the NSA in its spying.
- Evasi0n iOS 7 Jailbreak Released By Evad3rs Team
December 22 2013 9:38 AM
After months of waiting, those looking to jailbreak Apple's latest iOS devices can do so with the latest iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch jailbreak software released by the Evad3rs team, Evasi0n7.
- FBI Used Tor To Catch Harvard Bomb Hoax Suspect, Eldo Kim
December 20 2013 3:13 PM
The NSA has designed programs to decrypt Tor, but other law enforcement agencies have actually used Tor to catch a criminal.
- How Big Data Companies Are Trying To Win Corporate Clients
December 20 2013 2:16 PM
Devices that track your location and scan your face are on the brink of broad adoption, according to retail specialists.
- PC Gamer In Your Life? Buy Them This For Xmas [VIDEO]
December 19 2013 3:39 PM
Luke Villapaz gathered PC gaming accessories to even the gift-giving attention this year, so we brought him on camera to take us through the items.
- UK Porn Filters Blocking Sex Education Websites
December 19 2013 3:01 PM
UK porn filters are actually terrible at blocking porn, but have been particularly effective at blocking websites related to sex education and sexual health.
- Apple Mac Pro Is Now Available
December 19 2013 5:09 AM
Apple's new Mac Pro desktop, the company’s first product to be completely manufactured in the U.S., is now available on its online store.
- How Safe Is Your MacBook Webcam?
December 19 2013 3:18 AM
Researchers have found webcams on the 2008 MacBook and iMac models, and more recent models from other vendors, can be compromised.
- Who Has The Biggest Bitcoin Wallet?
December 18 2013 1:46 PM
BitcoinRichList ranks the wallets, and the largest contains more than 144,341 bitcoins.
- With Chromebase, LG To Target Hospitality, Enterprise
December 18 2013 10:49 AM
LG announced it will release the Chromebase, the first all-in-one PC running the Chrome OS, in 2014.
- Amazon Wants China To Walk On The Cloud
December 18 2013 9:19 AM
The expansion represents another win for Amazon’s increasingly important cloud computing business.
- Apple Releases OS X 10.9.1 Mavericks Update
December 17 2013 12:44 AM
In addition to the general OS X 10.9.1 build, Apple also released a system-specific version for the late 2013 MacBook Pro with Retina display.
- Did The NSA Invent Fake Malware Threat On '60 Minutes?'
December 16 2013 4:22 PM
NSA Director Gen. Keith Alexander defended the NSA’s covert surveillance programs on CBS' “60 Minutes” on Sunday night.
- US Leads World In E-Waste: New Interactive World Map
December 16 2013 3:05 AM
By 2017, the world’s electronic waste could fill a line of 40-ton trucks end-to-end that would stretch 3/4 around the world.
- Quotes For Custom Mac Pro Configurations Top $9,000
December 14 2013 9:19 AM
Reports of pricing beyond the standard Mac Pro configurations suggests the maxed-out Apple desktop could cost more than $9,000.
- Yahoo's Mail Fail - Outage Ends, Issues Persist
December 12 2013 3:39 PM
Dissatisfied users have taken to Twitter (#yahoomailfail) to complain about issues with signing in and sending/receiving email.
- Homeless Coder Releases Mobile Carpooling App
December 11 2013 12:04 PM
On Aug. 22, Grand was approached by a 23-year-old programmer who offered him $100 in cash or coding lessons.
- Chinese Hackers Spied On Europeans
December 10 2013 2:03 PM
The hackers sent emails to staff members containing files with misleading titles like “US_military_options_in_Syria" that contained malware.
- Chinese Hackers Broke Into EU Ministries Before G-20: Report
December 10 2013 5:29 AM
A California-based cybersecurity firm said hackers released malicious code on to computers before September’s G-20 summit in Russia.
- What US Tech Companies Want From Obama
December 09 2013 6:59 AM
The latest public revolt comes at a time when Obama is planning to introduce sweeping changes to the NSA and laws governing the agency.