- Samsung's Gains Helped End Apple's Majority Control Of Tablet Market
February 01 2013 2:59 PM
Apple's tablet market share fell to 43.6 percent from 51.7 percent, but it still shipped a record 22.9 million iPads and iPad minis.
- Microsoft To Hold Surface Pro Launch Event At Best Buy On Feb. 8
January 31 2013 12:17 PM
Microsoft has announced that it will hold a special Surface Pro launch event at Best Buy on Feb. 8, one day before the tablet's official release date.
- New Apple TV Features Improved Specs, But No New Outer Design
January 30 2013 2:37 PM
Apple is ready to release a newly updated Apple TV, but the new model's improvements are solely internal; the device won't look any different from the outside.
- Apple iPad 4 128GB Release Set For Feb. 5
January 29 2013 4:03 PM
Bad news for the $999 Surface Pro: Apple just announced a 128 GB iPad 4, which is faster, cheaper and contains more storage than Microsoft's newest offering.
- Microsoft' Surface Pro May Come With Less Storage Space Than You Think
January 28 2013 4:02 PM
Microsoft said in a statement on Monday that the 128GB Surface Pro tablet will only come with 83GB of usable storage.
- Apple Celebrates 29 Years Of The Macintosh
January 24 2013 4:06 PM
Computers were perceived as cold and impersonal machines until Steve Jobs introduced the first Macintosh on Jan. 24, 1984.
- Samsung Overtook Apple As No. 1 Chip Buyer In 2012
January 23 2013 12:17 PM
The world’s biggest semiconductor buyer in 2012 was Samsung Electronics (KRX:005930), which bypassed Apple (NASDAQ:AAPL), Gartner said.
- IBM's 4Q Earnings May Rise 6.5%, As Revenue Eases
January 21 2013 12:32 PM
Despite flat software/services revenue, IBM’s performance will look like a sleek engine running in a tech sector buffeted by easing demand.
- Google Experiments With Touch-Screen Tech To Replace Passwords
January 18 2013 12:40 PM
According to a new report, Google may eventually develop technology that would allow Web surfers to log into websites by touching a screen rather than typing a traditional password.
- AMD Sues Ex-Employees Over 100,000 Documents Allegedly Given To Nvidia
January 16 2013 5:30 PM
Advanced Micro Devices this week accused four of its former officials of stealing more than 100,000 files of trade secrets.
- iPad 5 'Significantly Lighter And Slimmer'
January 16 2013 3:38 PM
KGI Securities analyst Ming-Chi Kuo expects Apple’s fifth-generation iPad to be “significantly lighter and slimmer” than last year’s models.
- Dell's Ophelia, USB-Size PC, Hailed As Game Changer
January 16 2013 12:16 PM
Dell's Ophelia, a USB-size self-contained computer, can provide access to virtually every major operating system, all via the cloud.
- Cellular-Friendly iPad Mini, iPad 4 To Hit Store Shelves In China Starting Friday
January 15 2013 4:37 PM
Apple is finally ready to sell the cellular-capable iPad Mini and fourth-generation iPad to its customers in China.
- Gartner: Global PC Sales Dipped 3.5% In Mobile Shift
January 14 2013 10:44 AM
Gartner (NYSE:IT) said global PC sales eased 3.5 percent in 2012 to only 352.7 million units as consumers shifted to tablets.
- IBM's Watson Supercomputer Gets A 'Swear Filter'
January 10 2013 3:36 PM
IBM's supercomputer Watson, the "Jeopardy" star, briefly went from "smart" to "smart ass" with the help of the Urban Dictionary.
- New Windows 8 Apps Offer Touch-Enabled Media Editing
January 09 2013 5:23 PM
Intel showcased some recent additions to the Windows Store at CES 2013 that bring touch enabled media editing to Windows 8.
- PaperTab, Tablet As Flexible As Paper, Debuts
January 09 2013 5:13 PM
The PaperTab, which looks and feels just like a sheet of paper, may one today overtake today's tablets.
- Apple To Ship 27" iMacs By February
January 08 2013 12:57 PM
Apple just updated its online store with new information about its redesigned 27-inch iMacs, which will now ship between three to four weeks.
- Mac OS X Mountain Lion Surpasses Lion, All Previous Builds In Overall Usage
January 07 2013 12:34 PM
OS X Mountain Lion is now the most widely used version of Mac's desktop operating system, which is now running on roughly a third of all Macs.
- Lenovo IdeaPad Yoga 13: Best Windows 8 Device
December 26 2012 12:45 PM
With the launch of Windows 8 came a brand new breed of tablet/laptop hybrid devices. We've crowned Lenovo's IdeaPad Yoga 13 as the best new Windows 8 device of 2012.