- Chromebooks Accounted For 21 Percent Of 2013 US Laptop Sales
March 13 2014 4:57 PM
Although Chromebooks account for only 1 percent of laptop sales worldwide, Google is confident that their success in the U.S. will mean big global growth.
- Google Docs Get Add-Ons For Interactive Productivity
March 12 2014 3:15 PM
Google has announced add-ons for Docs and Sheets, the company's Office-oriented cloud-sharing suite.
- Google: Missing Malaysia Plane Not On Google Maps
March 12 2014 3:07 PM
Several satellite images on Google Maps near Cầu Ma Thiên Lãnh show an airplane. Others claim they spotted it near Kenyir Dam in Terengganu.
- Apple iWatch Concept's Stunning Design
March 10 2014 3:06 PM
Apple take note: Design student Tomas Moyano has unveiled a fitness-focused iWatch concept that we would buy in a heartbeat.
- Snowden: 'NSA Violated US Constitution'
March 10 2014 2:19 PM
“I took an oath to support the Constitution, and I felt the Constitution was violated on a massive scale,” Snowden said.
- As Google Smartwatch Release Date Nears, Android Boss Announces Wearable SDK
March 10 2014 1:06 PM
Sundar Pichai announced at SXSW in Austin, Tex., that Google would release an SDK for smartwatches and other Android wearables this month.
- Google Could Face $5B Fine From India's Fair Trade Watchdog
March 10 2014 1:38 AM
Google, if found guilty of violating local norms, will pay India 10 percent of annual revenues for three years.
- Arizona Toddler Uses ‘FaceTime’ To Rescue Mom
March 09 2014 9:56 PM
Arizona mom, Laure Toone, was bleeding profusely from her hand and felt like she might pass out.
- Are The Russians Hacking Ukrainian Networks?
March 08 2014 3:57 PM
What's behind the spike in cyberattacks by a sophisticated, Russian-language malware in Ukraine?
- Apple Looks For Siri Partners Prior To iWatch Release
March 08 2014 10:40 AM
Search apps are a key battleground for wearable technology.
- Flawed Contract With HP Led To US Navy Network Hack: Report
March 07 2014 6:58 AM
A clean-up of the U.S. Navy’s intranet, which has 800,000 users at 2,500 locations, reportedly took four months and cost $10 million.
- HP Chromebook 14 Review: Haswell Turbocharges Chrome OS
March 06 2014 2:49 PM
The HP Chromebook 14 is the best Google laptop on the market, thanks to its roomy size and incredible battery life.
- Apple Moved Profits Away From Australia To Evade Taxes: Report
March 06 2014 4:41 AM
The issue of global businesses moving money around to avoid paying local taxes was also raised at the February G-20 meeting in Sydney.
- GoDaddy And US Embassy Remove Mexican Protest Website
March 05 2014 6:40 PM
On Dec. 2, 2013, 1.dmx.org disappeared after its host suspended service due to “an ongoing law enforcement investigation.”
- Apple Will Stop Production Of Entry Level Macbook Pros In Favor Of Retina Display Versions
March 05 2014 4:44 PM
Apple is rumored to be stopping production of the regular 13-inch Macbook Pro, reducing their Pro-line laptop offering to only retina-display devices.
- New Scam Threatening Netflix Users
March 05 2014 2:59 PM
A fake Netflix login page asks for the victim’s credentials and informs them that their account has been suspended for “unusual activity.”
- Interactive Map Shows The World's Vast Network Of Underwater Internet Cables
March 05 2014 2:45 PM
The Submarine Cable Map provides a unique look at how the world is connected in the information age.
- Roku ‘Streaming Stick’ Announced
March 05 2014 1:20 AM
The Streaming Stick is more expensive than Chromecast, but it comes with access to more content.
- Why RadioShack Is Closing 1,100 Stores
March 04 2014 1:37 PM
Four weeks after its '80s-themed Super Bowl ad went viral, the Texas-based retailer released grim fourth-quarter earnings. Layoffs are expected.
- Google Glass Getting KitKat Update
March 04 2014 7:18 AM
Does Google's forthcoming KitKat update (Android 4.4) for Glass mean that the product is almost ready to ship, or will the LG Nexus Watch show up first?