- Intelligence Agencies Ban Lenovo
July 29 2013 5:01 PM
After finding hidden backdoors in hardware and firmware, intelligence companies around the world are banning Lenovo technology from their networks.
- Hackers Exploit GPS Weakness
July 29 2013 12:02 PM
In a recent demonstration, a GPS expert showed how a hacker can easily exploit a weakness to hijack a luxury yacht.
- Apple May Release Haswell-Powered MacBook Pros In October
July 27 2013 9:31 AM
Apple may release its new Haswell-powered MacBook Pros in October due to yield issues with the high-resolution Retina display.
- Microsoft CEO: We Built Too Many Surfaces! [VIDEO]
July 26 2013 4:21 PM
- The Broad Reach Of The UK’s Porn Filter Provokes Resistance
July 26 2013 2:59 PM
In the wake of David Cameron's U.K. porn filter, reports have found that the filters will censor far more than porn.
- 5 Charged In Largest Financial Hack Ever
July 26 2013 12:39 PM
The five were charged with stealing hundreds of millions of dollars and 160 million credit cards.
- Man Tricked By FBI Ransomware: Turns Self Into Police For Possessing Child Porn
July 26 2013 11:18 AM
A Woodbridge, Va., man turned himself into the police after computer malware tricked him into thinking there was a warrant out for his arrest for possessing child pornography.
- 97-Year-Old Creates Gorgeous Masterpieces Using Microsoft Paint
July 26 2013 12:06 AM
A 97-year-old artist uses the Windows 95 program Microsoft Paint to create gorgeous images on his computer.
- Who Likes Apple Shares? Apple
July 25 2013 12:49 PM
The tech giant snatched up 36 million of its own shares during the quarter, even though it was scheduled to repurchase 10 million.
- US Brings Charges Against Eastern European Hackers
July 25 2013 12:27 PM
Russian and Ukrainian hackers stole personal data In seven-year-long hacking binge that cost consumers $300 million.
- Everything You Need To Know About The New Nexus 7 [VIDEO]
July 25 2013 10:12 AM
- New Nexus 7 To Be A Flop, Moto X Likely A Hit: Analyst
July 25 2013 8:27 AM
Although the new Nexus 7 sports some impressive specs, it will still be a bust, an analyst said, adding that the Moto X could score a home run.
- Dell Founder Ups Bid For His Company
July 24 2013 3:06 PM
Michael Dell attached a special shareholder voting provision to his offer, due to expire on Wednesday evening.
- Google's Chromecast HDMI Dongle Connects TVs To Devices
July 24 2013 1:51 PM
Google has announced Chromecast, a HDMI dongle that uses home WiFi to stream content from YouTube and Netflix to a television for $35.
- Apple Forecasts Slower Growth, Product Revamp Before October [VIDEO]
July 24 2013 9:59 AM
- Apple's Tepid Q3 2013 Earnings Confirm Street Pessimists
July 23 2013 5:07 PM
One telling stat: Gross margin for Apple's fiscal third quarter was 36.9%, compared to 42.8% in the year-ago.
- Global Cost Of Hacking Exaggerated
July 23 2013 1:16 PM
A 2009 figure on the global cost of hacking, cited by intelligence officials and President Obama, was grossly inflated. Did McAfee report a false number to profit from government cybersecurity expansions?
- Cisco Buys Cybersecurity Firm Sourcefire For $2.7B
July 23 2013 10:15 AM
The Silicon Valley tech giant is betting cybersecurity will become more important in years to come.
- Samsung Announces New Chip, Its Own Developer Conference
July 23 2013 4:33 AM
After announcing its own developers’ conference slated for October, Samsung has now introduced a new, more powerful Exynos 5 Octa chip.
- The 'Irrelevance Of Microsoft' Illustrated In One Chart [VIDEO]
July 22 2013 2:45 PM