- Google Bans Porn In Chromecast Apps, But Not HBO's
February 06 2014 2:09 PM
Google forces developers to agree they won't distribute content with "nudity," but it allows HBO to do just that.
- Hackers And Russian Surveillance Spark Privacy Concerns For Sochi Winter Olympics Visitors
February 06 2014 12:05 PM
While poor hotel conditions have been the spotlight of the Sochi Winter Olympics, cybersecurity and privacy is an even bigger problem.
- Sony Sells PC Division
February 06 2014 9:19 AM
What's more, Sony has revised its projections for this year and now expects a $1.1 billion loss.
- Worldwide Tablet Shipments Likely To Drop In Q1
February 06 2014 7:50 AM
The worldwide shipments of tablets are likely to drop 15 percent to 20 percent in Q1, because of off-peak season effects.
- Susan Wojcicki Named YouTube CEO
February 06 2014 7:15 AM
Susan Wojcicki has been named CEO of YouTube, as the video site struggles to grow ad sales for parent company Google.
- Gates Steps Down As Microsoft Chairman; Nadella To Make $1.2M
February 04 2014 3:09 PM
Gates will remain on Microsoft’s board of directors, as will current CEO Steve Ballmer.
- What Satya Nadella Means For Microsoft
February 04 2014 1:13 PM
The new CEO makes his first comments indicating how he'll move the company forward as "One Microsoft."
- Behind The Scenes Of Apple's iPhone Filmed Mac Ad
February 04 2014 11:51 AM
How did they do it? Apple shares how the around-the-world-in-one-day Macintosh commercial was accomplished.
- More App Support Coming To Google’s Chromecast
February 04 2014 2:07 AM
The release means that even more movies, TV shows and music will become available on Chromecast.
- Apple iPhone 5c Explodes In Teenage Girl's Back Pocket
February 03 2014 2:54 PM
In a seemingly unusual event, an iPhone 5c exploded late last week in the back pocket of a 13-year-old girl.
- Apple Films Mac-Anniversary Spot Using iPhone 5s
February 03 2014 12:03 PM
The cinematographers on the project doubted the mobile phone's video capabilities, but by the end of the day, their minds had been changed.
- First Update To Windows 8.1 Leaked
February 03 2014 6:55 AM
The Windows 8.1 Update 1 is expected to be launched on March 11, ahead of the company’s Build developers' conference in April.
- Russian Says He Wrote Part Of Target Hack Code
February 02 2014 6:59 PM
Shabayev says he is a programmer who worked as a hacker on the side to earn money while in a university. Did he work alone?
- Will Apple Launch A Bigger iPad Any Time Soon?
January 31 2014 2:07 AM
According to an analyst, the market is not yet ripe for a larger iPad with a screen bigger than the current 9.7-inch iPad Air.
- 21st Century Heist: How A Twitter Account Was Hacked By Holding PayPal, GoDaddy Ransom
January 30 2014 5:53 PM
The attackers went to great lengths to get the much-coveted handle.
- Here's Why Tablet Sellers Are Smiling
January 30 2014 12:33 AM
While the fourth quarter was the most successful one for Apple, its year-on-year growth rate was well below the industry average.
- UK Gets Samsung’s Galaxy NotePro Next Week
January 29 2014 12:30 AM
Samsung has listed the device with a price tag that seems to be more expensive than the tablet’s rumored price in the US.
- Pay With Bitcoins Easily With Google Chrome Extension
January 28 2014 3:16 PM
A Canadian software engineer revealed a new extension for the Google Chrome browser that makes it easier for new bitcoin users to make payments with their digital currency.
- What Is DeepMind, Exactly?
January 28 2014 9:53 AM
Google reportedly paid upwards of $500 million for DeepMind, an AI outfit with no commercial products to its name. How will Google put it to use?
- Google Picks DeepMind
January 28 2014 12:09 AM
The technology giant is expected to extend its foray into artificial intelligence with this acquisition.