- Microsoft Introduces OneDrive
February 19 2014 5:10 PM
The rebranding of SkyDrive is due in part to Microsoft losing a trademark dispute over the “Sky” name with the British Sky Broadcasting Group.
- American Sues Ethiopian Government For Spying
February 18 2014 4:50 PM
The plaintiff -- referred to as “Mr. Kidane” in the lawsuit -- claimed the spyware wiretapped his Skype calls and monitored his family’s computer use.
- New Apple Patent Awarded, Imagine A Macbook With A Virtual Keyboard
February 18 2014 2:33 PM
Apple is exploring touch capabilities on more devices than just their iPad and iPhones; Apple is looking into using the Macbook’s frame as a touch input as well.
- US Navy Needed 4 Months To Repel Iran Hack
February 18 2014 1:37 PM
The hackers group was “working directly for Iran’s government [or] acting with the approval of Iranian leaders.”
- US Expecting Energy-Sector Cyberterrorism Wave?
February 18 2014 12:39 PM
"The Mask" cyberthreat operation is said to be targeting oil and natural gas companies.
- Google Buys Israeli Startup SlickLogin
February 17 2014 12:56 PM
SlickLogin generates a nearly-silent soundwave through a computer's speakers that is picked up by a smartphone app to verify a user's identity.
- Presidents Day Sales And Discounts On Electronics
February 15 2014 7:55 PM
Many of the Presidents Day sales have already kicked off.
- Robot Termites Show The Future Of Science [VIDEO]
February 14 2014 11:37 AM
Harvard engineers have developed robots to build, based on the study of termites
- NSA Claims Snowden Stole Password To Access Classified Documents
February 13 2014 1:56 PM
An NSA memo implicated three individuals in helping Snowden access classified documents, and it accused Snowden of tricking them.
- ''Steve Jobs Time Capsule' Found
February 12 2014 4:55 PM
Jobs added the Apple Lisa mouse he used during a 1983 speech talk to a time capsule filled with objects donated by conference attendees.
- Hackers Launch Massive Attack Against Bitcoin Exchanges
February 11 2014 4:46 PM
At the root of the problem is transaction malleability, a code fault that lets a third-party manipulate transactions.
- iOS 7 Coding Hints At Next-Gen Apple TV Hardware
February 11 2014 1:59 AM
The new device was identified as “AppleTV4,1” indicating a major refresh to the Apple TV hardware platform.
- Will Cheaper Smartphones Revive HTC’s Fortunes?
February 10 2014 5:13 AM
HTC sold one in every 10 smartphones globally two years ago, but in 2013 its worldwide market share took a dive.
- NYPD Tests Google Glass
February 07 2014 12:28 PM
You thought Robocop was the stuff of the distant future? That future may come sooner than you think.
- Ever Cheaper Tablets Set To Corner PC Market
February 07 2014 4:31 AM
Much of the growth in the tablet segment is expected to be driven by emerging markets with more than 60 percent of worldwide shipments in 2014.
- The Search Engine Olympics
February 06 2014 5:31 PM
People around the world are searching for information about the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympics, but which engine performs the best?
- Google Bans Porn In Chromecast Apps, But Not HBO's
February 06 2014 2:09 PM
Google forces developers to agree they won't distribute content with "nudity," but it allows HBO to do just that.
- Hackers And Russian Surveillance Spark Privacy Concerns For Sochi Winter Olympics Visitors
February 06 2014 12:05 PM
While poor hotel conditions have been the spotlight of the Sochi Winter Olympics, cybersecurity and privacy is an even bigger problem.
- Sony Sells PC Division
February 06 2014 9:19 AM
What's more, Sony has revised its projections for this year and now expects a $1.1 billion loss.
- Worldwide Tablet Shipments Likely To Drop In Q1
February 06 2014 7:50 AM
The worldwide shipments of tablets are likely to drop 15 percent to 20 percent in Q1, because of off-peak season effects.