- Roku ‘Streaming Stick’ Announced
March 05 2014 1:20 AM
The Streaming Stick is more expensive than Chromecast, but it comes with access to more content.
- Why RadioShack Is Closing 1,100 Stores
March 04 2014 1:37 PM
Four weeks after its '80s-themed Super Bowl ad went viral, the Texas-based retailer released grim fourth-quarter earnings. Layoffs are expected.
- Google Glass Getting KitKat Update
March 04 2014 7:18 AM
Does Google's forthcoming KitKat update (Android 4.4) for Glass mean that the product is almost ready to ship, or will the LG Nexus Watch show up first?
- Android Powered More Tablets Sold In 2013 Than Apple's iOS
March 03 2014 2:32 PM
The strong Android performance suggests that a majority of mainstream consumers want tablets that don't require Apple's premium prices.
- Ear PC Is Demoed By Japanese Company NS West
March 02 2014 8:02 PM
Japanese machinery maker NS West has demoed a new wearable PC that can trigger commands based on your facial expressions.
- Apple Ends Snow Leopard
February 27 2014 4:10 PM
Apple will no longer support Snow Leopard, despite the fact that 16% of Macs and Macbooks still run on OS X 10.6.
- Coming Soon: Hands-Free Apple Computer
February 27 2014 1:31 PM
A patent filed by Apple revealed a new method for hiding advanced sensors on the body of a computer.
- A Computer Virus That Spreads Like The Common Cold
February 26 2014 1:56 PM
The Chameleon malware can also identify security weaknesses in Wi-Fi networks to quickly spread between homes and businesses.
- Hackers Take AWeber Offline
February 25 2014 6:09 PM
On Monday at 1:52 p.m. EST, AWeber tweeted that it was investigating an “unscheduled site interruption.”
- Mac OSX 10.9.2 Mavericks Update Released: SSL 'Gotofail' Bug Patched, FaceTime Audio And iMessage Blocking Added
February 25 2014 2:32 PM
Mac OSX Mavericks 10.9.2 has been finally released by Apple. Among the changes is FaceTime audio support, iMessage blocking and a fix for the "gotofail" SSL bug.
- Global Smartphone Usage Surpasses PCs
February 25 2014 12:30 PM
What's more, Americans spent about 7 more hours per month on their phones than on a computer, and the gap is even wider for Europeans.
- Why Does Sina Corp Want Weibo On A US Exchange
February 25 2014 7:02 AM
Weibo, a Twitter-like forum in the Chinese social media market, is losing ground to Tencent's WeChat.
- OS X 10.9.2 Mavericks Update Nears With New Features
February 25 2014 4:43 AM
The update is expected to include a fix for the “goto fail” SSL bug, although the accompanying release notes make no mention of the fix.
- Steve Jobs 59th Birthday: 9 Inspirational Quotes From The Late Apple Co-Founder And CEO
February 24 2014 12:25 PM
Monday marks what would have been Steve Jobs' 59th birthday. Take a look at some of Jobs' memorable and inspirational quotes here.
- Microsoft Introduces OneDrive
February 19 2014 5:10 PM
The rebranding of SkyDrive is due in part to Microsoft losing a trademark dispute over the “Sky” name with the British Sky Broadcasting Group.
- American Sues Ethiopian Government For Spying
February 18 2014 4:50 PM
The plaintiff -- referred to as “Mr. Kidane” in the lawsuit -- claimed the spyware wiretapped his Skype calls and monitored his family’s computer use.
- New Apple Patent Awarded, Imagine A Macbook With A Virtual Keyboard
February 18 2014 2:33 PM
Apple is exploring touch capabilities on more devices than just their iPad and iPhones; Apple is looking into using the Macbook’s frame as a touch input as well.
- US Navy Needed 4 Months To Repel Iran Hack
February 18 2014 1:37 PM
The hackers group was “working directly for Iran’s government [or] acting with the approval of Iranian leaders.”
- US Expecting Energy-Sector Cyberterrorism Wave?
February 18 2014 12:39 PM
"The Mask" cyberthreat operation is said to be targeting oil and natural gas companies.
- Google Buys Israeli Startup SlickLogin
February 17 2014 12:56 PM
SlickLogin generates a nearly-silent soundwave through a computer's speakers that is picked up by a smartphone app to verify a user's identity.