- Sony Ends Production Of PlayStation 2 [REPORT]
December 31 2012 12:01 PM
Sony (NYSE: SNE) is halting production of its Playstation 2 console in Japan, according to a Famitsu report.
- Year In Review 2012: The Year of Horrible Video Game Endings
December 28 2012 1:46 PM
2012 was a great year for video games, but also a silly one for some video game stories. We take a look to see which games had the weakest endings this year.
- EA Removes Links To Weapon Retailers From “Medal of Honor” Site
December 27 2012 11:35 AM
Video game publisher Electronic Arts (Nasdaq: EA) has removed links from the “Medal of Honor: Warfighter” website that directed visitors to several prominent firearms manufacturers and retailers.
- Is Ubisoft Buying THQ?
December 24 2012 12:42 PM
Ubisoft Entertainment (EPA: UBI) is considering an acquisition of THQ’s assets, according to a report from British gaming site MCV.
- Steam Holiday Sale Kicks Off With Discounted Games And Bundles
December 20 2012 4:43 PM
Valve has launched its annual Steam Holiday sale. This means that new titles will be available at discounted prices throughout the holiday season until Jan. 5.
- Doomsday Drinking: Apocalyptic Drinks And Party Drinking Games That Will End Your World
December 20 2012 10:40 AM
Apocalyptic drinks and drinking games that will end your world this doomsday, Dec. 21, 2012.
- Video Game Maker THQ Files For Bankruptcy
December 19 2012 5:39 PM
THQ (Nasdaq: THQI) has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy and will sell off its U.S. assets to affiliates of the private equity firm Clearlake Capital Group L.P., the company said today in a statement to investors.
- EA Rebrands Play4Free as Origin Free To Play
December 13 2012 3:59 PM
Electronic Arts has subsumed its Play4Free portfolio within its larger digital distribution platform Origin in order to eliminate any apparent differences between its free-to-play titles and its premium content.
- Xbox 720 May Get New Codename, Core Chip To Begin Mass Production
December 12 2012 4:50 PM
Little is known about Microsoft's Xbox 720, but the latest rumors indicate that it may not be codenamed "Durango" any longer. The console's core chip is also expected to begin mass production before 2012 is over.
- Freemium Rush: Free-To-Play Gaming Now Makes Up More Than Half Of European Market, But Packaged Video Games Still Drive Eurozone Revenue [REPORT]
September 17 2012 11:35 AM
Freemium video games like "FarmVille 2" and "Angry Birds," the cheap and easily accessible counterpart to premium boxed copies of "Skyrim" or "Call of Duty" that run players upwards of $50 or $60 a sale, now make up more than half of the total market for video games in Europe, a new study shows.
- Zynga Lashes Back At EA With Countersuit, Hires Samsung?s Law Firm To Take On Rival Game Developer
September 15 2012 7:46 PM
Tensions between Zynga Inc. (Nasdaq: ZNGA) and Electronic Arts Inc. (Nasdaq: EA) exploded all over again Friday as Zynga mustered an aggressive rejoinder to the copyright-infringement lawsuit filed against it by EA last month.
- FIFA 13 Demo Downloads Reach Record 2 Million in 3 Days Ahead of Release Date [VIDEO TRAILER]
September 14 2012 10:30 AM
EA Sports video game FIFA 13 is attracting unprecedented anticipation ahead of its release later this month.
- Zynga Confirms New COO Maytal Ginzburg Olsha To Lead Entry Into Real Money Gambling
September 13 2012 7:05 PM
Following its latest round of departures and continued erratic performance at the stock market, Zynga's future prospects have been looking increasingly bleak. Critics and industry analysts actually began counting the number of high-profile employees and executives left at the San Francisco-based social game developer, leading many to wonder how exactly the company hoped to recover from its current financial dilemma. On Thursday, the company finally offered up some details when it confirmed th...
- Sean Smith, US Official Killed In Libya, Was A Longtime 'EVE Online' Player
September 12 2012 11:49 AM
Sean Smith, one of the four Americans killed in Libya, was a longtime "EVE Online" player, and hugely influential in the game's online world.
- FIFA 13 Demo Released to Download on Xbox, PS3 and PC Ahead of Official Launch Date
September 11 2012 1:02 PM
All the details on the demo release for FIFA 13, the latest installment of EA Sports' video game series.
- With The Release Of Borderlands 2 Next Week, Here's Everything You Need To Know About Gearbox's Latest [TRAILER]
September 11 2012 12:34 PM
Gearbox Software’s latest, “Borderlands 2,” is out next week, and millions of gamers are set to go looking for loot, find themselves in frantic gunfights and listen to the awful wub-wub of dubstep.
- Zynga Loses Marketing Chief, CTO In Latest Round Of Departures
September 10 2012 7:08 PM
Zynga., creator of popular social and mobile games like "FarmVille" and "Words with Friends," is losing its chief marketing and revenue officer, Jeff Karp, the second executive departure in as many days.
- Steam 'Big Picture Mode' Enters Beta: What This Means For Valve's Future Hardware
September 10 2012 4:18 PM
Following a slew of announcements about Valve Corporation expanding beyond game development and distribution into general software and hardware possibilities, Steam is officially releasing a beta version of its "Big Picture Mode" today. Showing a sleek and innovative approach to a television-based user interface, the new version of Steam raises questions about the future of PC game development.
- ‘Halo 4’ Gameplay To Include New Enemies: Details Allegedly Leak Describing Watchers, Crawlers, And Weapons [VIDEO]
September 10 2012 3:41 PM
Enemies and weapons that will appear in “Halo 4” were revealed over the weekend, providing even more of an insight as to what players can expect in the next installment of the franchise. The Promethean enemies and new set of weapons appeared in a NeoGaf forum by user Garrett 2U, according to Halo Council.
- Toys 'R' Us Takes On Amazon With 'Tabeo' - Tablet For Kids
September 10 2012 11:00 AM
Toys ''R'' Us is introducing a tablet for children, and the new product will not be available online. The Tabeo, as the new tablet is called, can be pre-ordered over the Internet but it is only available in Toys "R" Us stores.