- Are More People Watching The World Cup Without Cable?
June 17 2014 12:18 PM
Spanish-language network is drawing huge numbers of World Cup viewers, and some don't even speak Spanish.
- How IKEA Is Punishing Some Of Its Biggest Fans
June 16 2014 4:55 PM
IKEAhackers.net will find a new home online after the company it champions decided to file a cease-and-desist order, confusing the IKEA fan who first created the site as a tribute to design.
- Alibaba Discloses Names Of Management Committee Members
June 16 2014 8:34 AM
Chinese Internet company moves a step closer to launching IPO.
- Internet Access Reported Blocked Amid Iraq Turmoil
June 14 2014 7:59 PM
Iraq Internet outage appears similar to those instituted in 2011 during Arab Spring uprisings in Egypt.
- Senators Urge Pentagon To End Systematic Faking Of Its Accounts
June 13 2014 5:52 PM
The senators sent a letter to Defense Department Comptroller Robert Hale urging the Pentagon to stop an accounting practice widely known as "plugging."
- Senior Twitter Executives Quit
June 13 2014 6:28 AM
Share sales by a senior executive amid stuttering growth could have caused insurmountable tension among senior management.
- Bitcoins Seized From Silk Road Marketplace To Be Auctioned
June 13 2014 12:53 AM
The U.S. government seized the bitcoins in October when Silk Road operator Ross William Ulbricht was arrested.
- Google Goes Galactic With Satellite System
June 12 2014 4:07 PM
Google is reportedly in talks with Virgin Galactic to help launch its newly acquired satellites into space.
- Feedly Facing Second Wave Of Hacker Attacks
June 12 2014 11:53 AM
Feedly faces another wave of DDoS attacks, after a previous attack took the news aggregator down for most of Wednesday.
- Facebook To Allow Users To Edit Data That Generates Targeted Ads
June 12 2014 8:28 AM
"The goal is to make it clear to people why they saw the ad.”
- Goldman Sachs Misses Out On Big Alibaba Payoff
June 12 2014 12:23 AM
Goldman Sachs made millions when they sold their stake in Alibaba in 2004, but they could have made much more.
- Amazon's Brand Loyalty Should Support Its Fights With Hachette And Time Warner
June 11 2014 3:44 PM
“Ultimately what it will come down to for a consumer is how emotionally engaged he is with one brand versus another.”
- Microsoft Challenging US Warrant Demanding Email Data Stored Abroad
June 11 2014 7:57 AM
Company claims warrant violates international law.
- China's 'Biggest' Internet Merger
June 11 2014 4:50 AM
Alibaba's investment in UCWeb emphasizes the company's push to do more business on mobile in the world's biggest smartphone market.
- Amazon.com Could Launch Local Services Marketplace In 2014
June 11 2014 12:55 AM
The move will have Amazon competing with review sites like Yelp and Angie's List as well as chains such as Home Depot and Lowe's Companies.
- 20 Million Accounts Linked To Prostitution Deleted To Create "Healthy" Chinese Cyberspace
June 10 2014 11:04 AM
Chinese Internet Giant Tencent shut down 5 percent of its active-user base as China attempts to clean up its web.
- Wal-Mart.com CEO To Step Down
June 10 2014 5:48 AM
Fernando Madeira, CEO of Latin America eCommerce at Wal-Mart, will replace Anderson, according to a company memo seen by Reuters.
- Amazon Set To Enter PayPal’s Turf
June 09 2014 6:37 AM
Amazon has reportedly been working on the new service for several months with various start-ups.
- CIA Joins Twitter, Facebook
June 06 2014 4:49 PM
"We can neither confirm nor deny that this is our first tweet," the CIA said.
- Chrome Pulls Ahead Of Internet Explorer In Combined Market Shares
June 06 2014 12:31 AM
The once-mighty Internet Explorer is king no more.