- Will End Of Net Neutrality Bury Internet Startups?
January 16 2014 2:43 PM
Fred Wilson of Union Square Ventures wrote about the effect the court ruling will have on tech startups from the perspective of a venture capitalist.
- Cisco: Smart Tech Can Unlock More 'Untapped' Value
January 16 2014 2:36 PM
Retailers could realize an enormous revenue gain and/or cost savings in the coming decade by adopting “smart” device tech.
- Is The FCC This Impotent?
January 16 2014 2:27 PM
FCC Chairman Tom Wheeler released a statement showing the ambiguity of his position on net neutrality.
- What Obama Will Say In Friday's NSA Speech
January 16 2014 2:26 PM
The president is expected to call on Congress to set limits on the NSA's surveillance programs -- some may see a parallel with Eisenhower.
- How Google Uses Your Search/Browsing History Against You
January 16 2014 10:47 AM
A lot of people hate Google's targeted ads. Here's how the company does it.
- Did The Tablet Market Just Hit A Tipping Point?
January 16 2014 10:15 AM
Americans' love affair with the tablet shows no signs of abating.
- Bitcoins Could Provide Relief For Pot Dispensaries
January 15 2014 7:02 PM
With banks refusing to accept marijuana dispensaries' cash, bitcoin ATMs could provide much needed security for owners.
- What An End To Net Neutrality Would Cost Netflix
January 15 2014 2:47 PM
Netflix could face a large, extra expense to deliver its high-definition TV shows and movies to customers.
- Here's How To Mine Bitcoins
January 15 2014 1:31 PM
If you want to know how to mine bitcoins and join the virtual currency world, here's all you need to know.
- How The NSA Spies On Offline Computers
January 15 2014 12:59 PM
Just days before Obama is expected to announce new restrictions on spying, Edward Snowden revealed another NSA surveillance tactic.
- 5 Tech Inventions Better Than Sci-Fi
January 15 2014 11:37 AM
These inventions are bringing "imaginary" technology to life.
- Twitter Chairman Talks Receipts In Relation To Square
January 15 2014 11:17 AM
The humble receipt was hailed as a “communication channel” and “product unto itself” by Twitter chairman Jack Dorsey.
- 6 Bitcoin Competitors To Watch
January 14 2014 5:53 PM
You've heard about bitcoins, but here's what you should know about some of its competitors.
- How Reddit Has Evolved Since 2005
January 14 2014 2:49 PM
New graphs attempt to make sense of the sprawling digital community that is Reddit.
- Is Net Neutrality Dead?
January 14 2014 2:44 PM
The Washington, D.C., Circuit Court of Appeals' ruling may structure the debate regarding regulation of the Internet.
- 7 Facts About Google's Nest Buy
January 14 2014 12:57 PM
Many suspected that Apple would purchase Nest Labs. Did Google just beat 'em to it, or was Apple not even interested?
- IBM Pitches Big Data And Watson To Retailers
January 13 2014 7:13 PM
IBM’s CEO says the supercomputer could be a game-changer in many industries, despite doubts about its revenue potential.
- Google Buys Smart Thermostat Designer
January 13 2014 6:40 PM
Google's $3.2 billion purchase of Nest raises privacy concerns for some customers.
- Kim Dotcom Starting Political Party In New Zealand
January 13 2014 6:32 PM
Eccentric Internet entrepreneur Kim Dotcom plans to launch a political party in New Zealand. The working title is “Megaparty,” a reference to Dotcom’s Megaupload and MEGA companies.
- The Rationale Behind Singapore's Bitcoin Taxes
January 13 2014 4:55 PM
Singapore leads the world as a free economy and yet they are taxing bitcoin, the open source currency, which may be just what it needs.