- Did The NSA Invent Fake Malware Threat On '60 Minutes?'
December 16 2013 4:22 PM
NSA Director Gen. Keith Alexander defended the NSA’s covert surveillance programs on CBS' “60 Minutes” on Sunday night.
- Why Amazon’s German Workers Aren't Happy
December 16 2013 8:24 AM
The German union is demanding better pay and formal negotiations with the Seattle-based e-commerce giant.
- The Pirate Bay Wants To Make Domain Names Obsolete
December 13 2013 12:36 PM
The Pirate Bay is developing a Web browser that will let users store and share The Pirate Bay without the need for a central host.
- Twitter Reverses Changes On Blocking Policy
December 13 2013 5:31 AM
The microblogging site said that it would continue to look for features to prevent retaliatory behavior and abuse.
- How To Make Money With Bitcoin
December 12 2013 4:37 PM
A look at the options for those exploring the digital currency Bitcoin.
- Alleged Member Of Syrian Electronic Army Answers Questions
December 11 2013 5:38 PM
Matthew Keys hosted a live conversation with someone who claimed to be a leader of the Syrian Electronic Army, the mysterious pro-Assad hacker collective.
- Why Mutual, Hedge Funds Still Favor Tech
December 11 2013 3:07 PM
Google, Apple and Microsoft remained heavy-hitters among top U.S. mutual and hedge funds.
- Free Mobile Streaming And Led Zeppelin Come To Spotify
December 11 2013 1:30 PM
Spotify made some major announcements on Wednesday that it hopes will help it stay ahead of competing music streaming services.
- Homeless Coder Releases Mobile Carpooling App
December 11 2013 12:04 PM
On Aug. 22, Grand was approached by a 23-year-old programmer who offered him $100 in cash or coding lessons.
- The Pirate Bay Moves To Ascension Island
December 10 2013 4:23 PM
As usual, the enforcement did not shut down Pirate Bay and the torrent site has already re-launched with a “.ac” domain.
- Chinese Hackers Spied On Europeans
December 10 2013 2:03 PM
The hackers sent emails to staff members containing files with misleading titles like “US_military_options_in_Syria" that contained malware.
- Reddit Bug May Affect Ranking System
December 10 2013 12:15 PM
The bug affects the algorithm that determines the ranking of the posts and allows for malicious users to game the system and even keep certain types of content censored.
- Techs Launch 'Reform Government Surveillance'
December 09 2013 2:26 PM
The principles the techs set down are consistent with global norms of free expression, privacy and rule-bound law enforcement.
- Yes, The NSA Monitored Gamers [REPORT]
December 09 2013 9:23 AM
U.S. and U.K. spy agencies did not obtain permission to spy on games such as “World of Warcraft” and "Second Life."
- What US Tech Companies Want From Obama
December 09 2013 6:59 AM
The latest public revolt comes at a time when Obama is planning to introduce sweeping changes to the NSA and laws governing the agency.
- FBI Uses Malware To Track Suspects
December 09 2013 3:27 AM
The use of state-sponsored hacking to conduct extensive and intrusive online surveillance has alarmed privacy advocates.
- FTC Accuses Flashlight App Of Spying
December 06 2013 3:00 PM
These days, even something as simple as a flashlight function on your smartphone is secretly collecting data.
- Spotify Expanding Services For Nonpaying Subscribers
December 06 2013 12:22 PM
Spotify has reportedly been working on its free on-demand streaming service for more than a year, negotiating with the three major record companies.
- How To Check If Your Passwords Have Been Compromised
December 05 2013 5:16 PM
Here's how to use a new free tool to determine if your online passwords have been stolen, breached or compromised.
- How The NSA Monitors 5 Billion Cell Phones Per Day
December 05 2013 1:49 PM
The programs leaked by Edward Snowden, known collectively as "Co-Traveler," allow the NSA to track the locations of any cell phone in the world.