- Dropbox's Anti-Piracy System That Protects Privacy
March 31 2014 6:32 PM
The way Dropbox checks for pirated content is completely legal and doesn’t even really violate a person’s privacy.
- Use Google Maps To Become A Pokémon Master
March 31 2014 3:09 PM
Google partnered with Nintendo and Pokémon to create a new Google Maps challenge for April Fools' Day.
- An Overload At Obamacare Site, And At The Worst Time
March 31 2014 12:09 PM
People rushing to enroll in a health care insurance plan on deadline day were met with a “currently unavailable” message.
- How One Tech Entrepreneur In Ukraine Is Scrambling To Save His Industry
March 31 2014 12:07 PM
In Ukraine's growing tech sector, highly skilled workers are fleeing Russian rule in Crimea to work in western parts of the nation.
- Could Facebook Actually Be A Good Thing For Oculus?
March 28 2014 5:17 PM
IBT's Vincent Balestriere and Ryan Neal face off about Facebook’s $2 billion dollar purchase of Oculus.
- Microsoft Says It Will No Longer Read Your Emails
March 28 2014 5:04 PM
New policy will be "clear to consumers and binding on Microsoft."
- Facebook's Connectivity Lab: Drones, Lasers Will Bring Rest Of World Online
March 28 2014 2:41 PM
Facebook's Connectivity Lab is developing technology to connect the two-thirds of the world without Internet access.
- Why Turkey's Government Banned YouTube
March 28 2014 3:36 AM
A Turkish court ordered the government to lift the ban on Twitter on Wednesday, but it may be weeks before it is enforced.
- Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella Signals New Direction With Office For iPad
March 27 2014 7:36 PM
Demonstrated at a Thursday news conference was a "touch-first" version of Office for iPad, available as a free app -- yet a subscription is needed.
- Google And Government Requests For User Data
March 27 2014 3:32 PM
Between Gmail, Android phones, Docs and other Google services, a lot more people are providing Google with information today than five years ago.
- Does eBay Classifieds Have Craigslist In Its Sights?
March 27 2014 10:10 AM
After a job opening ad is posted on eBay Classifieds, Rewarder will share it across both platforms and send it to people best suited for it.
- Why Most Americans Distrust Bitcoin
March 26 2014 7:42 AM
Think the digital-currency bitcoin will immediately win confidence and replace sovereign currencies? Think again.
- An Online Shopping Cart That Automatically Saves Money?
March 25 2014 2:16 PM
Honey was founded in late 2012, and the company claimed that it helped 870,000 people save more than $8 million over the past year.
- How To Use Google Now
March 25 2014 1:19 PM
Some have complained that Google Now is creepy because it reveals how much data Google really collects from users.
- Why Cisco Bet Big On Cloud Services
March 25 2014 7:20 AM
The company's strategic shift comes at a time when companies are outsourcing data management and migrating to cloud computing.
- Walt Disney Buys Online Content Network
March 25 2014 6:16 AM
Founded in 2009, Maker is one of the largest video-production networks on YouTube and targets its content toward younger users.
- The Factors Behind Obama Push To End NSA Bulk Data Collection
March 24 2014 11:08 PM
The administration will lay out its proposal on Friday, reports the New York Times.
- Apple iOS 7 Features Makes 'Off-The-Grid' Chat Possible
March 24 2014 2:54 PM
FireChat uses Multipeer Connectivity Framework on iOS 7 to chat and send images via WiFi and Bluetooth without being connected to the Internet.
- Apple, Comcast In Talks For Streaming Content: Report
March 24 2014 2:09 AM
Talks between the two companies are still in the early stages and many hurdles remain before a deal can be struck.
- Google To NSA: Our Wall Beats Your Probe [VIDEO]
March 21 2014 2:53 PM
Google has announced that Gmail will be safe from the NSA and anyone else who wants to look through your emails.