- An Online Shopping Cart That Automatically Saves Money?
March 25 2014 2:16 PM
Honey was founded in late 2012, and the company claimed that it helped 870,000 people save more than $8 million over the past year.
- How To Use Google Now
March 25 2014 1:19 PM
Some have complained that Google Now is creepy because it reveals how much data Google really collects from users.
- Why Cisco Bet Big On Cloud Services
March 25 2014 7:20 AM
The company's strategic shift comes at a time when companies are outsourcing data management and migrating to cloud computing.
- Walt Disney Buys Online Content Network
March 25 2014 6:16 AM
Founded in 2009, Maker is one of the largest video-production networks on YouTube and targets its content toward younger users.
- The Factors Behind Obama Push To End NSA Bulk Data Collection
March 24 2014 11:08 PM
The administration will lay out its proposal on Friday, reports the New York Times.
- Apple iOS 7 Features Makes 'Off-The-Grid' Chat Possible
March 24 2014 2:54 PM
FireChat uses Multipeer Connectivity Framework on iOS 7 to chat and send images via WiFi and Bluetooth without being connected to the Internet.
- Apple, Comcast In Talks For Streaming Content: Report
March 24 2014 2:09 AM
Talks between the two companies are still in the early stages and many hurdles remain before a deal can be struck.
- Google To NSA: Our Wall Beats Your Probe [VIDEO]
March 21 2014 2:53 PM
Google has announced that Gmail will be safe from the NSA and anyone else who wants to look through your emails.
- Social Media Reacts Loudly Against Turkey Twitter Ban
March 21 2014 11:01 AM
Despite a recently enacted Turkish block on social media platform Twitter, social media users have found new ways to get around the ban while loudly criticizing the move.
- Who Left Hundreds Of Thousands Of Bitcoins In An Old Wallet?
March 21 2014 7:28 AM
Mt. Gox filed for bankruptcy on Feb. 28 stating that it had lost all of its 850,000 bitcoins due to a technical fault followed by a hack.
- Microsoft Admits Spying On Hotmail User
March 21 2014 3:32 AM
Microsoft also read IMs exchanged between the blogger and an employee.
- Why A Blonde Ukrainian Official Went Viral In Asia
March 20 2014 12:40 PM
What Crimea conflict? Chinese and Japanese Internet users focus on something other than war after Poklonskaya is appointed made attorney general.
- Why Alibaba Group Acquired Stake In Bay Area App Maker
March 20 2014 7:30 AM
The Alibaba Group is currently preparing to get listed in New York and is anticipated to raise as much as $200 billion.
- Pandora Internet Radio Raising Subscription Prices
March 19 2014 3:19 PM
Pandora Internet Radio (NYSE:P) is raising its monthly subscription prices and eliminating an annual option, although new subscribers have time to beat the price increase.
- Are Robot Writers The Future Of Journalism
March 19 2014 2:31 PM
The bot draws on sources like the US Geological Survey for data and inserts the numbers into a written template.
- Gmail Accounts, Beware: Phishing Scam In Progress
March 19 2014 11:34 AM
The link takes users to a very realistic-looking page that is, ironically, hosted on Google’s servers.
- Why The White House Is Launching Climate Data Website
March 19 2014 6:50 AM
The website will be managed by NOAA and NASA while private corporations will contribute content and technology.
- Students Suing Google For Data Collecting
March 18 2014 6:09 PM
The case could have major implications for how the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act is interpreted.
- How Good Is Facebook’s New Face Recognition Software?
March 18 2014 3:04 AM
To make the technology more accurate, Facebook said it used millions of images of faces from thousands of people on its network.
- The 'Popcorn Time' Saga Continues
March 17 2014 4:18 PM
A torrent site known as YTS has picked up the Popcorn Time project and believes it has the ability to continue it in the long-term