- Facebook Showcases New Mobile Ad Network
April 29 2014 8:35 PM
Nearly every event at F8, which is divided into categories of “build, grow and monetize,” is focused on mobile development.
- Windows XP 'Dire Threat To Internet Security': Expert
April 29 2014 4:57 PM
With 488M XP users vulnerable to the IE bug and more cyberattacks, the pressure's on Microsoft to continue support or make it open-source.
- Bitcoin Traders Settle Class Actions
April 29 2014 1:38 AM
Once the world's biggest bitcoin exchange, Mt. Gox will be liquidated after the company abandoned plans to revive its business.
- Is Google Plus Becoming Google Minus?
April 25 2014 8:46 PM
The site may no longer see itself as competitive with Facebook and Twitter, but as a way to unify its varied products and services.
- Facebook Launches Newswire With Journalists In Mind
April 25 2014 1:22 PM
Facebook has launched “FB Newswire," a new feature aimed at making Facebook a better resource for journalists and newsrooms.
- The Pirate Bay Celebrates Its 10 Millionth Torrent Upload
April 24 2014 8:06 PM
Not bad for a website up to its neck in legal issues.
- Mozilla Names Andreas Gal As New CTO
April 24 2014 6:23 PM
The former CTO, Brendan Eich, was made CEO only to resign after 11 days due to a controversy surrounding his involvement in an anti-gay marriage bill.
- Why The FCC Plan Could Kill Net Neutrality For Good
April 24 2014 3:24 PM
The rules would allow Internet service providers like Comcast and Verizon to charge content providers for a “fast lane” to deliver large amounts of data to consumers.
- HBO Deal Isn't The Only Good News For Amazon This Week
April 23 2014 1:45 PM
The giant Internet retailer's broadening ambitions and improving margins likely boosted first-quarter earnings.
- Huawei Tech Says NSA Fallout Won't Dent Growth
April 23 2014 8:47 AM
Huawei has been pursued by U.S. lawmakers who believe it has been engaged in espionage.
- How Netflix Avoided A PR Nightmare With Its Latest Price Increase
April 22 2014 5:06 PM
This time, the video giant’s $1 or $2 subscription fee hike for new users was cheered by investors and even some customers.
- Tom Preston-Werner Resigns From GitHub After Investigation Clears His Name
April 22 2014 12:25 PM
Preston-Werner said that a visit with the Oculus VR team convinced him of the potential of immersive computing and virtual reality, and he will now dedicate his time working on code in this new medium.
- AT&T Amps Up GigaBit Internet Battle With U-Verse GigaPower
April 21 2014 4:17 PM
The company still has to negotiate its plans with each city, but AT&T said it hopes to start building the gigabit networks by the end of 2014.
- Chinese Censorship Just Cost Weibo $380 Million
April 17 2014 2:30 PM
The huge Chinese social media company's IPO came in a bit light but it's not likely a warning sign for Alibaba's big plans later this year.
- No, Google Fiber Is Not Coming To NYC
April 17 2014 12:52 PM
Despite reports to the contrary, Google has no secret plans to bring Fiber to NYC.
- Largest Golden Parachute Ever Given To Yahoo Exec Fired For Poor Performance
April 17 2014 12:44 PM
Henrique de Castro was only Yahoo's chief operating officer for 15 months, but he has received a severance package worth nearly $58 million.
- After Heartbleed, What Other Bugs Lurk On The Internet?
April 17 2014 12:13 PM
“If builders built buildings the way programmers wrote programs, then the first woodpecker that came along would destroy civilization.”
- Canada Makes First Heartbleed Arrest
April 16 2014 6:26 PM
A 19-year-old hacker living in London, Ontario, was accused of using Heartbleed to steal taxpayer data from the Canada Revenue Agency.
- Why Twitter Acquired Gnip
April 15 2014 2:49 PM
Twitter said Gnip has been “crucial” in turning tweets into a valuable marketing product for companies over the past four years.
- BlackBerry To Release Heartbleed Patches
April 13 2014 7:51 PM
Due to the security threat, the BBM messaging program for Android and iOS and the Secure Work Space corporate email need to be updated.