- 'World of Warcraft' Loses 1.3 Million Subscribers In Q1 2013
May 09 2013 11:12 AM
During Q1 of 2013, Activision Blizzard revealed that 'World of Warcraft', the hyper-popular fantasy MMO, lost 1.3 million subscribers. Does this truly mean that the sky is falling for Blizzard’s venerable MMORPG?
- The Big Bitcoin Investment Everyone Is Talking About
May 09 2013 10:43 AM
Union Square Ventures principal Fred Wilson has led a $5 million investment in Coinbase in one of the biggest bets on Bitcoin yet.
- 'Wolfenstein: The New Order' Won't Include Multiplayer Mode
May 08 2013 4:08 PM
Bethesda and MachineGames announced that “Wolfenstein: The New Order” won’t include a multiplayer mode.
- Warren Spector Issues Apology After Initial ‘Wolfenstein: The New Order’ Comments
May 08 2013 3:26 PM
Warren Spector issued an apology today after he made comments about "Wolfenstein: The New Order" yesterday that prompted a strong response from the series' fans.
- Spotify Stealer Downloadify Dies: How Else Can You Download Free Music?
May 08 2013 3:00 PM
For a few hours, a Chrome extension called Downloadify allowed users to steal songs from Spotify. While it may be shut down, there are still other ways to steal music online.
- E-Commerce Clicks With Chinese
May 08 2013 12:42 PM
A report by PwC says low prices and and rising salaries are driving Chinese netizens to outshop their global counterparts.
- EA Seizes Multiple Domains For Future 'Battlefield' Games
May 08 2013 12:05 PM
The “Battlefield” series has been a cash cow for EA, and it looks like that there’s strong evidence which suggests that the publisher will continue to milk it for the foreseeable future.
- Google Maps Update Coming At I/O?
May 08 2013 11:59 AM
Leaked photos show a possible update to Google Maps, bringing a new focus to mobile and social media.
- Alibaba Wins Latest Battle Of China's Internet Giants
May 08 2013 11:18 AM
In last quarter of 2012, Alibaba, e-commerce giant and owner of Taobao, overtook Tencent and Baidu in net profit.
- Google's New Doodle Inspired By Film Sequence Master Saul Bass [VIDEO]
May 08 2013 11:12 AM
The new Google Doodle pays homage to Saul Bass by cleverly injecting the Google name into the late animator's most iconic film sequences.
- Gold-Duping Bug In 'Diablo 3' Is Another Problem In The Game's Checkered History
May 08 2013 10:35 AM
Blizzard has disabled the gold and real-money auction houses of "Diablo 3" after a bug was discovered that allowed players to duplicate gold following the release of the 1.0.8 patch on Tuesday.
- Amanda Berry Rescuer Charles Ramsey Gets Auto-Tuned
May 08 2013 8:17 AM
Charles Ramsey's interview about his rescue of Amanda Berry captured the Internet's attention on Tuesday. Now the Gregory Brothers have released a remix based on his interview.
- Syria Disappears From Internet, Companies Report
May 08 2013 12:11 AM
At 2:45 p.m. EDT, Google and Umbrella Security Labs reported a sudden drop in traffic from Syria from what appears to be an Internet disruption.
- Drudge Report Takes On Google For Malware Tag
May 07 2013 6:39 PM
Matt Drudge has taken Google to task for apparently labeling his popular Drudge Report as "malware" in search results.
May 07 2013 5:18 PM
On Tuesday, a German court rejected eight of Apple’s customer data clauses, saying those rules deviated too much from German laws.
- Beautiful And Illegal Map Of The Internet
May 07 2013 4:28 PM
A hacker used 420,000 computers to create a beautiful map of computers around the world accessing the Internet.
- Microsoft Xbox 720: Internal Memo Reportedly Addresses “Always-On” Issue
May 07 2013 2:56 PM
It has been feared that Microsoft’s Xbox 720 next-generation console, codenamed “Durango,” would ship in an “always-online” state.
- Pentagon Blames Chinese Military For Cyberattacks
May 07 2013 2:34 PM
A new Pentagon report blames the Chinese military for numerous cyberattacks on military computers,
- China's Baidu Paying $370M For PPS To Expand Video Content
May 07 2013 8:39 AM
The Beijing-based company will be the country’s largest platform in a crowded market for online videos.
- Senate Passes Internet Sales Tax Bill, 69-27
May 06 2013 5:13 PM
The Senate has passed a bill on that would put an end to tax-free online purchases, but the House may differ.