- World's First Bitcoin ATM Coming To Canada
September 11 2013 2:10 PM
A Vancouver-based Bitcoin exchange is hoping to bring the digital currency to the mainstream by installing the world's first bitcoin ATMs.
- Facebook Introduces New Tools For Media Brands
September 09 2013 7:13 PM
Facebook is rolling out tools that let news organizations find real-time conversation data around certain topics and integrate it into coverage.
- Instagram Ads Coming Within A Year?
September 09 2013 3:49 PM
Instagram announced Sunday that it passed the 150 million monthly active users milestone. Now it is finalizing plans to bring ads to the platform.
- Google Petitions FISA Court
September 09 2013 12:33 PM
It's requesting the ability to publish data on the amount of national security letters it gets from the government.
- Google Speeding Up New Encryption Project
September 08 2013 10:43 AM
Google said it has accelerated efforts to build new encryption software that's impenetrable to the government agencies.
- Secret Decryption Programs: 10 Things To Know
September 06 2013 12:38 PM
Experts have said the programs “undermine the fabric of the Internet,” but are they worse than previous Snowden-revealed surveillance programs?
- FBI Adds Syrian Electronic Army To Wanted List
September 05 2013 6:06 PM
The FBI Cyber Division unit has officially added the pro-Assad hacker collective to its wanted list.
- Country's First Internet Addiction Clinic
September 04 2013 7:49 PM
A psychiatric hospital in central Pennsylvania looks to be the first facility in the U.S. to treat patients diagnosed with severe Internet addiction.
- Average Salary Of Myanmar Worker: $82.47/Month; Average Internet Fee: $700/Month
September 04 2013 5:56 AM
Less than 1% of Myanmar's population has access to the Internet, and even for them it remains slow and spotty.
- Syrian Electronic Army At It Again: Hacks Marine Website
September 02 2013 12:33 PM
Syrian Electronic Army continues to deface western companies and government websites as the U.S. prepares for a military strike against Syria.
- Tor and PirateBrowser Surge in August
August 30 2013 3:12 PM
The end of August saw a massive surge in private browsing tools, including PirateBrowser and the Tor network.
- Bitcoin Foundation Met With Feds
August 29 2013 5:01 PM
The Bitcoin Foundation met with representatives of several government groups, including FinCEN, the FBI, IRS, and Federal Reserve.
- Facebook Considers Facial Recognition Database, Says Users Can Opt Out
August 29 2013 3:21 PM
Facebook is thinking of making a facial recognition database.
- First Ever Facebook Transparency Report Released
August 29 2013 3:05 PM
The report provides the first look at requests for user data made by governments.
- Your Facebook Friends Could Hurt Your Credit Score
August 28 2013 6:54 PM
Some lenders are beginning to analyze Facebook friends and other social data when determining a loan applicant's worthiness.
- Syrian Electronic Army Hacks New York Times, Twitter
August 27 2013 7:46 PM
The pro-Assad group hacked the New York Times site, and altered domain records for Twitter and Huffington Post UK.
- Google Palestine Not Hacked
August 27 2013 3:15 PM
A group of hackers defaced Google Palestine, claiming they hacked it. Here's how they infiltrated and defaced the site.
- Who Will, Or Should, Lead Microsoft After Steve Ballmer?
August 26 2013 3:53 PM
Here are 20 potential CEOs for once-dominant tech company that's seeking a new direction.
- 44% Of Andriod Users Are Vulnerable To Attacks: Report
August 26 2013 1:13 PM
A U.S. government report cites three main threats to mobile devices: SMS, or text message Trojans, Rootkits and fake Google Play domains.
- India Overtakes Japan As World's Third-Largest Internet User
August 24 2013 12:07 PM
India overtook Japan as home to the world's third-largest online population, which grew by 31 percent.