- Could Chinese Companies Force Amazon To Lower Prices?
December 23 2013 1:53 PM
Chinese e-tailers are hoping to expand overseas, but they know that price is not everything.
- US Military Caught Using Unlicensed Windows 7
December 23 2013 1:49 PM
A soldier stationed in Qatar leaked photos showing 18 computers in an education center running unlicensed versions.
- RSA Denies It Was Rewarded By NSA For Flawed Encryption Tool
December 23 2013 2:07 AM
In September, media reports revealed that RSA's BSAFE encryption tool had a major security flaw, which aided the NSA in its spying.
- FBI Used Tor To Catch Harvard Bomb Hoax Suspect, Eldo Kim
December 20 2013 3:13 PM
The NSA has designed programs to decrypt Tor, but other law enforcement agencies have actually used Tor to catch a criminal.
- Website Named For Mega Millions Winner Draws Big-Money Interest
December 20 2013 2:37 PM
IraCurry.com, a website named after the Georgia Mega Millions winner, is attracting six-figure offers for the man who bought it shortly after her win was announced.
- Google's Latest EU Antitrust Case Proposal Shot Down
December 20 2013 7:55 AM
The EU said Google has not gone far enough with its latest proposal to settle an antitrust case.
- Ebay’s Omidyar Makes Journalism Foray With $50M Outlay
December 20 2013 1:00 AM
Omidyar pledges $50 million for a media company that will have a digital arm and a journalism arm.
- China's Move May Not Be Bitcoin's Death
December 19 2013 4:58 PM
This is just bitcoin's most recent, massive valuation swing - giving weight to currency opponents who constantly cite its volatility.
- Google Updates Numbers On Requests To Remove Content
December 19 2013 4:24 PM
Google said governments continue to request the company to remove political content.
- UK Porn Filters Blocking Sex Education Websites
December 19 2013 3:01 PM
UK porn filters are actually terrible at blocking porn, but have been particularly effective at blocking websites related to sex education and sexual health.
- The Pirate Bay Returns To Sweden
December 19 2013 2:07 PM
The Pirate Bay has returned to Sweden, where it was founded in 2003.
- Which Companies Are Improving Data Encryption?
December 18 2013 5:24 PM
A new report by consumer advocacy group EFF rates how companies are improving data encryption
- How Does Akinator 'Read Your Mind'?
December 18 2013 4:49 PM
Find out how Akinator, the online genie program that asks you 20 questions and guesses which character you have in mind, works.
- The Pirate Bay Moves Again: How Many Domains Are Left?
December 18 2013 3:06 PM
For the third time this week, The Pirate Bay is once again changing its domain name.
- Who Has The Biggest Bitcoin Wallet?
December 18 2013 1:46 PM
BitcoinRichList ranks the wallets, and the largest contains more than 144,341 bitcoins.
- Amazon Wants China To Walk On The Cloud
December 18 2013 9:19 AM
The expansion represents another win for Amazon’s increasingly important cloud computing business.
- Why Is Brazil Not Considering Asylum For Snowden?
December 18 2013 4:11 AM
In July, Snowden had sought asylum from a dozen countries, including Brazil, after the U.S. revoked his passport.
- Datawind: $38 UbiSlate Tablet For US
December 17 2013 4:33 PM
Datawind’s CEO, Suneet Singh Tuli, said the goal is to make the technology available to low-income communities and schools.
- A Business Model Advancement That May Annoy - Facebook To Launch Auto-Play Video Ads
December 17 2013 5:46 AM
Will the move annoy users enough to log-off the social network?
- Obama, Top Tech Executives To Talk Healthcare.gov, NSA Leaks
December 17 2013 1:49 AM
The session will focus on the economic impact of files leaked by Snowden on tech firms and address issues dogging the Obamacare website.