- The Top-Selling App That Turned Out To Be A Scam
April 07 2014 12:39 PM
At only $3.99, "Virus Shield" sounded like a bargain to thousands of people who downloaded it.
- GrubHub Brings Home The Bacon With IPO
April 04 2014 1:32 PM
The stock opened at $26 per share and surged 40 percent on the opening day of trading.
- Fiverr Model Favors The Freelancer [Q&A]
April 03 2014 7:41 PM
Fiverr is gaining popularity for its model of freelancers offering services for a rate of five dollars each.
- Net Neutrality Lives In European Union, Flailing In United States
April 03 2014 4:45 PM
The bill prevents European ISPs such as Deutsche Telekom from hindering traffic or reserving the best part of their bandwidth for their own services.
- Older, Poorer And Disabled Seniors Still Offline
April 03 2014 1:35 PM
Pew reported on Thursday that six in 10 American seniors now go online and just under half have a broadband connection at home.
- How White House Internet Savvy Helped Sell Obamacare
April 03 2014 11:12 AM
From Internet talk shows to Twitter marketing to online forums like Quora, the administration once again proved its online skills with the ACA.
- European Union Votes To End Roaming Charges
April 03 2014 10:53 AM
The European parliament vote overwhelmingly in support for regulations that will end roaming charges across the European Union.
- Tinder Users Teased By Bots
April 02 2014 11:55 AM
Fake profiles are spamming Tinder with ads for a mobile game called "Castle Clash."
- April Fool's Tech Pranks
April 01 2014 4:21 PM
Enough people were already fooled by the Huvr Board video in March, so here’s a guide to some of the pranks trolling the Internet on Tuesday.
- Dropbox's Anti-Piracy System That Protects Privacy
March 31 2014 6:32 PM
The way Dropbox checks for pirated content is completely legal and doesn’t even really violate a person’s privacy.
- Use Google Maps To Become A Pokémon Master
March 31 2014 3:09 PM
Google partnered with Nintendo and Pokémon to create a new Google Maps challenge for April Fools' Day.
- An Overload At Obamacare Site, And At The Worst Time
March 31 2014 12:09 PM
People rushing to enroll in a health care insurance plan on deadline day were met with a “currently unavailable” message.
- How One Tech Entrepreneur In Ukraine Is Scrambling To Save His Industry
March 31 2014 12:07 PM
In Ukraine's growing tech sector, highly skilled workers are fleeing Russian rule in Crimea to work in western parts of the nation.
- Could Facebook Actually Be A Good Thing For Oculus?
March 28 2014 5:17 PM
IBT's Vincent Balestriere and Ryan Neal face off about Facebook’s $2 billion dollar purchase of Oculus.
- Microsoft Says It Will No Longer Read Your Emails
March 28 2014 5:04 PM
New policy will be "clear to consumers and binding on Microsoft."
- Facebook's Connectivity Lab: Drones, Lasers Will Bring Rest Of World Online
March 28 2014 2:41 PM
Facebook's Connectivity Lab is developing technology to connect the two-thirds of the world without Internet access.
- Why Turkey's Government Banned YouTube
March 28 2014 3:36 AM
A Turkish court ordered the government to lift the ban on Twitter on Wednesday, but it may be weeks before it is enforced.
- Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella Signals New Direction With Office For iPad
March 27 2014 7:36 PM
Demonstrated at a Thursday news conference was a "touch-first" version of Office for iPad, available as a free app -- yet a subscription is needed.
- Google And Government Requests For User Data
March 27 2014 3:32 PM
Between Gmail, Android phones, Docs and other Google services, a lot more people are providing Google with information today than five years ago.
- Does eBay Classifieds Have Craigslist In Its Sights?
March 27 2014 10:10 AM
After a job opening ad is posted on eBay Classifieds, Rewarder will share it across both platforms and send it to people best suited for it.