- Yahoo Buys 'Self-Destructing' Blink App
May 14 2014 7:33 AM
Much like Snapchat, Blink helps users send content that can self-destruct as soon as it's consumed.
- Are We Headed Back To A World Before Search Engines?
May 13 2014 3:43 PM
The EU's ruling that Google must respond to requests to remove "irrelevant" information could close doors that the Internet opened for everyone.
- EU's Highest Court Tells Google It Must Drop Links On Request
May 13 2014 7:43 AM
Ruling may disrupt the way search engines operate across the Web.
- Facebook Still Has Its Eye On China
May 13 2014 3:28 AM
Facebook currently runs an office in Hong Kong that oversees the company’s dealings with advertisers locally and in mainland China.
- Get A Drone's-Eye View: Camera Lets VR Users 'Fly'
May 12 2014 5:44 PM
French manufacturer Parrot plans to release a consumer-grade drone that packs a wireless camera, allowing VR headset wearers a birds-eye view.
- Netflix Raises Subscription Prices For New Users
May 09 2014 11:32 AM
Those who already use the company’s services will lock in the same price of $8 until May 2016.
- 'Breaking Bad' Gets Better On Netflix
May 08 2014 5:26 PM
Walter White's empire will look and sound better than ever on Netflix.
- Meet The 'Asian Warren Buffett' Who Will Net $58 Billion Alibaba Payday
May 08 2014 5:04 AM
Son is hailed as 'Asia's Warren Buffett' after spectacular return on Web portal's flotation.
- Hacker-Turned-FBI Informant Sabu Has Sentencing Postponed for Seventh Time
May 08 2014 4:00 AM
Former Anonymous hacker Hector Monsegur (aka Sabu) has sentencing postponed again suggesting his FBI work continues.
- Marissa Mayer Won't Discuss Alibaba
May 07 2014 5:01 PM
Disrupt NY attendees didn't hear what the Yahoo CEO might do with the billions her company could get from the Alibaba IPO.
- Net Neutrality Is The 'Free Speech Issue Of Our Time': US Senator
May 07 2014 4:15 PM
Al Franken says the FCC's proposed Internet rules are a dire threat to Net neutrality.
- So What Is Alibaba, Anyway?
May 07 2014 3:29 PM
The Chinese e-commerce giant's marketplaces and platforms handled more transactions in 2013 than eBay and Amazon.com combined.
- Why Is Netflix So Slow? One Possible Answer
May 06 2014 8:06 PM
A middleman service asserts that ISPs are using their market share to make it hard for content providers to reach customers.
- Here Are The Details On What Could Be The Largest IPO Of All Time
May 06 2014 5:03 PM
In the last nine months of 2013, the net income of e-commerce giant Alibaba increased 305 percent year-over-year.
- AntiVirus Isn't Dead, Just Unprofitable
May 05 2014 6:55 PM
Did Symantec just tell its customers that they’ve been paying for an obsolete product?
- Iraq Finally Getting 3G Wireless
May 05 2014 5:40 PM
Most countries have made 3G the standard, with many already moving on to 4G, but Iraq’s government has not allowed the upgrades to the country’s cellular network.
- US Military Researching Bitcoin As Potential Terrorist Threat
May 03 2014 10:04 AM
A DOD unit is exploring the role of bitcoin and other virtual currencies in financing terrorism.
- Why Is Google Being Sued In The US?
May 02 2014 4:55 AM
The company is allegedly monopolizing the internet and mobile search market - but has it really cornered the market?
- Get Your Free Wi-Fi On NYC Sidewalks
May 01 2014 6:18 PM
New York plans to turn old payphones into giant touchscreen portals in what would be the largest municipal Wi-Fi system in the world.
- New-Age Currency Gets Old-School Approval
April 30 2014 5:51 PM
For some, Bloomberg's bitcoin listing is the financial community's stamp of approval needed to view bitcoin as a worthy investment.