- Is Mainstream Finance Picking Up The Crowdfunding Vibe?
January 23 2014 12:24 PM
To date, crowdfunding has been downplayed in Wall Street's Concrete Canyon. But that may be about to change.
- Taking Down Two-Thirds Of China's Internet: A Falun Gong Hack?
January 23 2014 12:13 PM
A huge outage left two-thirds of China's Web users offline for several hours, and no one knows why.
- Why Was China's Internet Traffic Directed To Wyoming?
January 22 2014 3:13 PM
Nearly three-quarters of China’s servers, which direct traffic behind China’s “Great Firewall,” routed traffic to Internet addresses owned by Sophidea Incorporated, a company headquartered at 2710 Thomas Avenue in Cheyenne.
- Amazon To Ship Before You Buy
January 22 2014 1:44 PM
If successful, anticipatory shipping could eliminate one of the few advantages brick-and-mortar shops have over Amazon.
- One-Second Movie Downloads, Anyone? S. Korea’s 5G Network Will Deliver
January 22 2014 1:30 AM
It takes 40 seconds to download a movie in South Korea, where the Internet speed is reportedly 65 percent faster than it is in the U.S.
- LogMeIn Free Is Dead, Long Live LogMeIn
January 21 2014 6:03 PM
Beginning Tuesday, the company will gradually migrate users of its free products to LogMeIn Pro.
- Will Google Allow This New Sex App For Glass?
January 21 2014 5:13 PM
Called “Sex with Google Glass,” the app combines many of the function of Google Glass to give people “the whole picture” of their sex lives.
- What is BuzzMyFx?
January 21 2014 3:02 PM
BuzzMyFx is a bit trickier than your standard content scraper, and is stealing ad revenue from thousands of bloggers.
- Finland: Bitcoin, Litecoin Are Commodities
January 21 2014 2:47 PM
Among other requirements, to qualify as a currency, Bitcoin would need to identify an issuer responsible for its supply.
- The Death Of Online Anonymity In China?
January 21 2014 12:45 PM
Real-name registration is required to upload a video on China's popular video hosting sites.
- Dogecoin Propels Jamaican Bobsled Team To Sochi
January 21 2014 11:20 AM
How crowd-funding with a meme-based cryptocurrency is fueling Olympic dreams.
- Mexican Couple Arrested Near Border In Target Breach Case
January 21 2014 2:12 AM
Police had outstanding arrest warrants out for the two in connection with credit- and debit-card fraud, media reports said.
- What's Hiding In That Chrome Extension?
January 20 2014 12:20 PM
Google removed two extensions recently, citing hidden adware as a violation of their terms and conditions.
- Google Maps The History Of Song With 'Music Timeline’
January 20 2014 3:02 AM
Google offers an interactive glimpse at music history over the past 64 years with its Music Timeline.
- Everything You Need To Know About Net Neutrality [VIDEO]
January 18 2014 2:34 PM
Verizon, Comcast, and other large Internet service providers won big against the FCC this week. Why?
- Why Biz Owners Are Fed Up With Yelp’s Algorithm
January 17 2014 4:22 PM
Reputation-management companies claim they can improve Yelp ratings. Are their services legit?
- Prepare For Worse Internet Service [VIDEO]
January 17 2014 9:16 AM
Internet service providers will be legally able to throttle your connection speed if you use a large amount of bandwidth.
- Here's How To Get To The Deep Web, Where They Keep The Stuff You're Not Supposed To Find
January 17 2014 8:50 AM
This quick, easy-to-follow infographic shows you the pathway to the nefarious Deep Web.
- Subsidies Are The $64,000 Question As Apple Rolls Out iPhone With China Mobile
January 17 2014 7:53 AM
The battle between Samsung and Apple moves to subsidies as iPhone rolls out on China Mobile.
- How Many Teens Are Leaving Facebook?
January 16 2014 5:46 PM
A new report from digital marketing agency iStrategyLabs shows exactly how many teens have abandoned Facebook.