- Bitcoins Seized From Silk Road Marketplace To Be Auctioned
June 13 2014 12:53 AM
The U.S. government seized the bitcoins in October when Silk Road operator Ross William Ulbricht was arrested.
- Google Goes Galactic With Satellite System
June 12 2014 4:07 PM
Google is reportedly in talks with Virgin Galactic to help launch its newly acquired satellites into space.
- Feedly Facing Second Wave Of Hacker Attacks
June 12 2014 11:53 AM
Feedly faces another wave of DDoS attacks, after a previous attack took the news aggregator down for most of Wednesday.
- Facebook To Allow Users To Edit Data That Generates Targeted Ads
June 12 2014 8:28 AM
"The goal is to make it clear to people why they saw the ad.”
- Goldman Sachs Misses Out On Big Alibaba Payoff
June 12 2014 12:23 AM
Goldman Sachs made millions when they sold their stake in Alibaba in 2004, but they could have made much more.
- Amazon's Brand Loyalty Should Support Its Fights With Hachette And Time Warner
June 11 2014 3:44 PM
“Ultimately what it will come down to for a consumer is how emotionally engaged he is with one brand versus another.”
- Microsoft Challenging US Warrant Demanding Email Data Stored Abroad
June 11 2014 7:57 AM
Company claims warrant violates international law.
- China's 'Biggest' Internet Merger
June 11 2014 4:50 AM
Alibaba's investment in UCWeb emphasizes the company's push to do more business on mobile in the world's biggest smartphone market.
- Amazon.com Could Launch Local Services Marketplace In 2014
June 11 2014 12:55 AM
The move will have Amazon competing with review sites like Yelp and Angie's List as well as chains such as Home Depot and Lowe's Companies.
- 20 Million Accounts Linked To Prostitution Deleted To Create "Healthy" Chinese Cyberspace
June 10 2014 11:04 AM
Chinese Internet Giant Tencent shut down 5 percent of its active-user base as China attempts to clean up its web.
- Wal-Mart.com CEO To Step Down
June 10 2014 5:48 AM
Fernando Madeira, CEO of Latin America eCommerce at Wal-Mart, will replace Anderson, according to a company memo seen by Reuters.
- Amazon Set To Enter PayPal’s Turf
June 09 2014 6:37 AM
Amazon has reportedly been working on the new service for several months with various start-ups.
- CIA Joins Twitter, Facebook
June 06 2014 4:49 PM
"We can neither confirm nor deny that this is our first tweet," the CIA said.
- Chrome Pulls Ahead Of Internet Explorer In Combined Market Shares
June 06 2014 12:31 AM
The once-mighty Internet Explorer is king no more.
- Netflix And Verizon At War Over Error Message
June 05 2014 4:14 PM
Verizon is exploring legal action against Netflix after the streaming site blamed Verizon for slow service.
- Bitcoin Coming To PayPal 'Very Soon'
June 05 2014 12:26 PM
EBay CEO John Donohue didn't give a start date but said PayPal would start using bitcoin for peer-to-peer payments.
- Google Chromecast Support Arrives For WatchESPN, MLS Apps
June 03 2014 4:49 PM
Google announced several new content partners for its popular streaming dongle.
- Internet Folklore Inspires Wisconsin 12-Year-Olds In Stabbing
June 03 2014 3:18 PM
Morgan Geyser and Anissa Weier of Wisconsin stabbed their friend 19 times to pay homage to “Slender Man.”
- Did John Oliver Break The FCC's Comment Page?
June 03 2014 1:46 PM
The outage seemed to highlight the very problem of Internet Service Providers demanding the right to host “Internet fast lanes.”
- Privacy Activists To 'Reset The Net'
June 03 2014 12:13 PM
The anti-surveillance effort aims to give websites, developers and Internet users actionable tools to protect privacy online.