- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Brings Cortana To New Markets
July 30 2014 7:59 AM
Cortana, nicknamed “Xiao Na” for the Chinese market, will feature a customized interface, animations and sounds.
- Apple, Samsung Lose Ground To Chinese Smartphones
July 30 2014 1:50 AM
The overall smartphone market grew 23.1 percent annually in the second quarter of 2014 with a record 295.3 million shipments.
- BlackBerry's Bid To Beef Up Security Credentials
July 30 2014 12:35 AM
The acquisition is the latest by the smartphone pioneer to build on niche areas in an attempt to reinvent itself.
- Samsung ‘Galaxy Alpha’ May Sacrifice Display Quality
July 29 2014 8:30 PM
The Samsung Galaxy Alpha may not be as high-quality as people expect.
- Twitter Rides World Cup To Robust User Growth
July 29 2014 4:42 PM
Market breathes sigh of relief after Twitter beat expectations on the metrics that matter.
- A Phone To Cater To Our Vanity
July 29 2014 3:02 PM
Microsoft's "selfie phone" will have a more powerful front camera.
- Google’s Nexus Line of Android Devices Is Here To Stay
July 29 2014 11:56 AM
Google hasn't given up on its Nexus program just yet, but may have killed the rumored Android Silver program before its inception.
- Purported Apple iPhone 6 Case Leak Showcased In New Video
July 29 2014 11:43 AM
Another video has been released featuring the purported case of the rumored Apple iPhone 6.
- Just How Big Can Twitter Get?
July 29 2014 11:36 AM
Twitter has a noisy, loyal following. But can it expand into the masses? Tuesday afternoon's Q2 report should provide some answers.
- Facebook Users Must Download New App For Messaging
July 29 2014 10:27 AM
Facebook said the move would reduce the "confusion" of having two apps that do the same thing.
- Yo Founder Releases Mirage Messaging App
July 29 2014 10:20 AM
The founder of Yo has released a new messaging app called Mirage, aiming to take on Snapchat and Slingshot.
- Is Competition Making T-Mobile Nervous?
July 29 2014 9:50 AM
T-Mobile's limited time Simple Choice plan for families of four is the second cheapest family plan among major mobile networks.
- Apple Rumored To Launch 5.5-Inch iPhone 6, iWatch In December
July 29 2014 3:59 AM
The latest rumor supports some earlier reports that have suggested that the launch of the bigger iPhone 6 could be delayed until December.
- Hype For Fire Phone At AT&T Stores, But iPhone 6 Casts Shadow
July 28 2014 5:28 PM
Can Amazon sell a phone in Apple's long shadow?
- Major US Carriers Throttle Unlimited Data Users
July 28 2014 4:47 PM
Those looking to jump ship from Verizon Wireless would be hard-pressed to find a carrier that doesn't limit "unlimited data" in one way or another.
- 4 New Smartphones That'll Challenge Apple
July 28 2014 4:41 PM
If you're not a fan of the iPhone, you have options.
- Apple Beats Electronics Deal Cleared In Europe
July 28 2014 12:50 PM
Apple is closer to acquiring Beats Electronics after the European Commission approved the acquisition.
- Amazon Card Reader May Take On Square And Paypal
July 28 2014 12:46 PM
Amazon may be looking to take on PayPal and Square with its own mobile credit card reader product.
- Microsoft Cortana Outsmarts Siri In New Ad
July 28 2014 12:38 PM
Microsoft released a new ad which features its Cortana voice assistant outsmarting Apple's Siri.
- Second Delay For Samsung Z Tizen Smartphone Makes 2014 Release Unlikely
July 28 2014 12:36 PM
Don't expect to see the Tizen-powered Samsung Z smartphone released in 2014.