- ?Skinny Bitch? Diet Book To Get Fiction Treatment
June 05 2012 6:53 PM
Did you read ?Skinny Bitch??
- Personal Trainer Drew Manning Gains 70 Pounds, Then Loses It - In A Year
June 05 2012 5:07 PM
Drew Manning made himself obese to prove a point, and teach himself a lesson. The personal trainer gained over 70 pounds in six months as an experiment, to see what it takes to lose that sort of weight, while also putting himself in his clients' shoes.
- 'Bath Salts': Drug Linked To Miami Cannibal Nears Ban In Canada
June 05 2012 3:45 PM
Bath Salts, the street drug thought to be behind the harrowing cannibal attack in Miami last week, could be made illegal in Canada, CBC reported.
- Brett Sigworth: Massachusetts Man Uses Sunscreen, Catches On Fire Resulting In Second-Degree Burns
June 05 2012 3:39 PM
Sunscreen is intended to prevent burns, but that's exactly the opposite of what happened to Brett Sigworth of Massachusetts when he suffered second-degree burns after using aerosol sunscreen spray. Sigworth told CBS News that he used Banana Boat Sport Performance sunscreen from an aerosol can before walking over to his backyard grill. Little did Sigworth know that the sunscreen would still be flammable after being applied to his body, prompting an investigation by the company.
- South Korea Battles Plague Of Suicides By Monitoring Websites Encouraging Such Killings
June 05 2012 9:42 AM
South Korea is burdened with the highest suicide rate among the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development.
- ?Extreme Makeover: Weight Loss Edition? Offers Vital Tips For Those Fighting An Uphill Battle
June 04 2012 12:28 PM
Obesity is a national epidemic. ABC's Extreme Makeover: Weight Loss Edition aims to help people combat obesity by directly helping those who are fighting the uphill battle. Trainer and transformation specialist Chris Powell offers his weight loss tips for a healthier, happier life.
- Prince Philip Taken To Hospital
June 04 2012 12:19 PM
Philip is 90-years-old.
- US FDA Alerts Consumers About Mexico's Recall Of Reumofan Plus
June 03 2012 4:09 PM
Mexico's Ministry of Health has issued a warning on Reumofan Plus -- marketed as a so-called natural dietary supplement for pain relief and other serious conditions -- and ordered manufacturer Riger Naturals to recall it.
- Pot Smoking Mom Forgets Baby on Car Roof, Drives Off
June 03 2012 11:45 AM
Catalina Clouser, a 19-year-old marijuana -smoking mother, made headlines on Saturday after driving off with her five-month old son on the roof of her car.
- Verizon?s Hughes Telematics Buy Gives It Mercedes-Benz Audience
June 01 2012 1:07 PM
Verizon Communications (NYSE: VZ)?s plans to acquire Hughes Telematics (OTC: HUTC) for $612 million indicates the biggest U.S. phone company is seeking a new market: Mercedes-Benz drivers.
- House Republicans' Effort To Ban Abortions Based On Gender Fails
May 31 2012 6:17 PM
The Prenatal Nondiscrimination' bill would have imposed criminal penalties on doctors accused of performing abortions solely due to the fetus's gender.
- Chagas Disease Labeled 'New AIDS Of The Americas' As 'Kissing Bug' Spreads Deadly Virus
May 31 2012 5:38 PM
Chagas disease has the potential to become the new AIDS of the Americas after scientists discovered a parasitic infection passed on by so-called kissing bugs, according to a recently-published study.
- Rudy Eugene: Mom And Girlfriend Of Miami Cannibal Attacker Speak Out: 'My Son Was No Zombie'
May 31 2012 4:30 PM
The mother of Rudy Eugene, a man that chewed off 75 percent of another man's face in a harrowing cannibal attack, says her son was a good kid and not a zombie.
- New York City's Planned Soda Ban: Paternalism Or Enlightened Leadership?
May 31 2012 1:05 PM
Supersizing your soda or any other sugary beverage at some of your favorite places in NYC may be a thing of the past if Mayor Bloomberg's soda ban is approved.
- Man Committed Suicide After Suffering Disease That Made Him Feel Ugly, Parents Speak About His Painful Past
May 31 2012 12:47 PM
A 24-year-old man has committed suicide after suffering a mental disorder that caused him to obsess and worry about his physical appearance, according to the Daily Mail.
- Miami Cannibal Attack Victim, Ronald Poppo, Faces Long Surgery Process
May 30 2012 10:06 PM
Ronald Poppo, the 65-year-old victim of a harrowing cannibal attack in Miami, is at greater threat from infections caused by the bites to his face than the injuries themselves, the Associated Press reported.
- Adopting From Africa: The Complicated Truth Behind A Celebrity Fad
May 30 2012 1:56 PM
Several western celebrities have adopted a child from Africa, and a new report from the African Child Policy Forum shows that many other hopeful parents are following suit. But the inter-country adoption process is rife with complications, and the ACPF explains exactly why it is in need of reform
- Water, Not Oil, Is The Real Crisis Across Much Of Middle East
May 30 2012 12:33 PM
The situation is so dire, Maliki declared, that states could conceivably go to war over the precious substance.
- Fake ADHD Drug Adderall Sold Online, Warns FDA
May 30 2012 9:58 AM
Some websites are peddling fake versions of Adderall, a treatment for attention deficit hyperactivity disorder that is currently in short supply in the United States, federal regulators warned.
- White-Nose Syndrome: 'Devastating' Disease Discovered In Endangered Tennessee Bats
May 30 2012 9:51 AM
White-nose syndrome, a disease that has killed millions of hibernating bats in the United States, has been detected for the first time in endangered gray bats in Tennessee, a finding that government scientists on Tuesday described as devastating.