- Texas Women's Health Program Wants To Stop Doctors From Even Talking About Abortion
July 11 2012 5:29 PM
Under its new proposed rules for the state program, doctors and clinic affiliates would be barred from promoting abortion services to patients.
- Another Zombie Attack? Naked Florida Man Jeremiah Haughee Climbs On Roof, Bites Home Owner And Cop
July 11 2012 12:39 PM
There was no fiddler on the roof for a Florida home owner. Instead the St. Augustine resident had a hell raising naked man atop of his home.
- Breastfeeding Reality Show? 'Extreme Parenting' Exposes 'Kooky' Parenting Habits
July 10 2012 9:42 PM
A breastfeeding reality show? Television has possibly hit a new low. The people who brought you the fantastically bad reality shows Bridezillas and Dance Moms are now planning to shock the masses with their newest installment, Extreme Parenting, according to the Daily Mail.
- Kaleb Langdale Gets Arm Ripped Off by Alligator, Jokes About it
July 10 2012 11:12 AM
A brave teenager, who got his arm ripped off by an alligator, has been joking about the incident with his family during his recovery process.
- Who Stands To Lose From Health Care Law? Members Of Congress
July 10 2012 11:11 AM
Repealing the Affordable Care Act would allow members of Congress to keep their government-subsidized health plans, something they will lose if they law is fully implemented as a result of a Republican-sponsored amendment to the bill.
- Will ObamaCare Strengthen Small Businesses?
July 09 2012 5:24 PM
Many small businesses have been paying nearly twice the amount for half the health care benefits that they are entitled to provide their employees. However, under the new health care mandate, health insurance will be more affordable for small companies.
- Florida Shuts Down Only TB Hospital During Worst Outbreak In 20 Years
July 09 2012 4:22 PM
The worst tuberculosis outbreak the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention has seen in 20 years is occurring among Jacksonville, Florida's homeless population, the Palm Beach Post reports. But state officials did little to address it.
- Cholera Resurfaces In Cuba After Half A Century
July 09 2012 2:33 PM
Three people have already died following a cholera outbreak in southeastern Cuba last week, with at least 50 more people contracting the life-threatening waterborne bacterial disease and around 1,000 people showing symptoms of infection.
- Indian Schoolgirl Forced To Drink Own Urine As Punishment, But Some Believe Practice Is Healthy
July 09 2012 10:58 AM
Desai may have had the last laugh on all the naysayers; he lived to be 99 years old (in a country where the average life expectancy is only 64).
- Jessica Simpson, Kendra Wilkinson And Other Celebs Paid To Lose Baby Weight
July 07 2012 2:23 PM
Jessica Simpson's deal with Weight Watchers is part of a growing trend in which celebs are cashing in on their weight loss goals. This is particularly true of new moms.
- India's Generic Drug Healthcare Policy To Benefit Millions Of Poor Patients
July 07 2012 6:49 AM
The Indian government has taken a major step toward its ambitious vision of achieving Universal Health Coverage (UHC) by initiating a $5.4-billion plan that would allow the government sector doctors to prescribe generic drugs to the patients free of cost.
- Mystery Disease Killing Cambodia?s Children Baffles Local, International Health Experts
July 06 2012 3:48 PM
Health officials in Cambodia are actively investigating the cause of a mystery disease that has killed dozens of children across the country.
- Hong Kong Police Make Record Cocaine Haul
July 06 2012 1:27 PM
The coke originated in Ecuador and was destined for markets in Southeast Asia.
- Cancerous 51-Pound Tumor Removed From New Jersey Woman Who Delayed Removal For Insurance [PHOTO]
July 05 2012 3:30 PM
On Tuesday, doctors described the removal process of a 51-pound cancerous tumor in the stomach of a New Jersey woman who delayed getting treated because she didn't have health insurance.
- Bath Salts Zombie Attacks Pennsylvania Hospital Staff, Woman Gave Birth Two Days Earlier
July 05 2012 1:02 PM
Two days after welcoming a baby boy, 31-year-old Carla Murphy of Altoona, Pennsylvania smoked bath salts and attacked the maternity ward staff at Altoona Regional Hospital.
- How To Use OraQuick - First Over-The-Counter HIV Test Approved By FDA
July 03 2012 4:32 PM
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved its first over-the-counter HIV test -- known as OraQuick -- which produces results in about 20 minutes.
- North Carolina Defunds Planned Parenthood, In Late-Night Vote
July 03 2012 3:19 PM
After a judge blocked the state from defunding the family planning provider, lawmakers found a loophole in the decision.
- Can Easter Island Bacteria Rapamycin Cure Alzheimer's Disease?
July 03 2012 11:07 AM
The iconic Easter Island statues may not be the only mysteries on Rapa Nui - bacteria found in soil on the Polynesian territory may hold the key to curing Alzheimer's disease, according to researchers at the University of Texas San Antonio Health Science Center.
- ?Zombie Apocalypse? In Georgia: Naked Cannibal On Bath Salts Threatens To Eat Police At Golf Course
July 03 2012 10:28 AM
Following reports that a man ate his 40-pound family dog and another man in China chewed a woman's face, the latest zombie news is that a naked man high on the street drug bath salts threatened to eat police officers on a Georgia golf course.
- WHO Helps Cambodian Probe Mysterious Deaths Of Children In Hospitals
July 03 2012 9:22 AM
All but one of the children died with rapid deterioration of respiratory function, the WHO said.