- Global Pharma Giants Feed On Smaller Biotech Makers
July 02 2012 4:23 PM
Bristol-Myers Squibbs' takeover of Amylin follows the trend of pharma companies that are acquiring biotech companies to benefit from growing medical needs, offset patent losses and boost their internal pipeline productivity.
- 'Bath Salts' Drug May Have Fueled Nude Carjacking in Arizona
July 02 2012 2:59 PM
The now notorious zombie drug bath salts may be to blame in the case of a nude carjacking in Scottsdale, Ariz., that left seven injured, including a pregnant woman who broke both of her legs, media reports said.
- Tanzania: Doctors? Strike Exacerbates Chronic Shortage Of Health Care Workers In Poor African Country
July 02 2012 2:14 PM
Tanzania is one of the poorest nations on earth, with one of the weakest health care systems.
- US Ranks No. 7 On Global List Of Marijuana Use, As Percentage Of Users Continues To Rise
July 01 2012 6:38 PM
The United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime released in its World Drug Report 2012 this week data underlying a list of the top 12 cannabis-smoking countries in the world compiled by Business Insider. The good old U.S. of A. landed at No. 7.
- The Great Society Lives - Supreme Court Health Care Ruling A Victory For All Americans
July 01 2012 1:51 PM
One hundred years after former President Teddy Roosevelt first proposed it, the United States -- the richest nation on earth -- has finally joined the world?s other, major, industrialized economies in having a universal health insurance plan.
- Technology Focus: Products, Events Of The Year: 1st Half 2012
July 01 2012 10:18 AM
Now that we?ve passed through the first half of 2012, it?s time to reflect on some technology events and anticipate what might be ahead. Maybe we can make a few predictions.
- Heat Wave 2012: How To Prevent Sunburn, Heat Stroke, And Heat Cramps
June 30 2012 5:35 PM
As a heat wave rolls across most of the U.S., precautions should be taken to prevent heat-related conditions such as heat stroke, cramps, and sunburn.
- Health Care Law Medicaid Expansion: If States Refuse, Where Does That Leave The Poor?
June 29 2012 4:41 PM
Several red states could decide to opt out of the Affordable Care Act's Medicaid expansion, which would leave the very poor with little-to-no options for health coverage.
- A Scientific Hangover Cure? Researchers List Remedies For Drinking Too Much In New Video
June 29 2012 11:33 AM
With Independence Day on the horizon, many Americans are looking for remedies to cure that inevitable hangover they will face on July 5 when expected back in the office. But thanks to researchers Mitchell Moffit and Gregory Medlock, there is now a scientific cure for the aftermath of lapping up too much alcohol. In a new video, The Scientific Hangover Cure, that has gone viral, Moffit and Medlock of ASAPScience debunk some of the myths after drinking too much.
- Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic Sues To Avoid Closure
June 29 2012 11:24 AM
Mississippi could soon be the only state in the nation without an abortion clinic.
- Weight-Loss Pill Approved By FDA, The First In Years
June 28 2012 4:31 PM
The FDA has approved the first new weight-loss pill in more than a decade: Belviq, a long term anti-obesity drug produced by Arena Pharmaceuticals.
- Rudy EugeneToxicology Report: Marijuana Not Ruled Out as Cause of Agitation
June 28 2012 3:17 PM
While toxicology reports of cannibal attacker Rudy Eugene failed to find the bath salts drug in his system, experts speculate that Marijuana could have influenced the face-chewing attack he carried out in Miami last month.
- Supreme Court Health Care Decision: How Does It Affect Consumers?
June 28 2012 12:25 PM
Both the uninsured and those who already have health coverage stand to benefit from the upholding of the Affordable Care Act.
- Health Care Supreme Court Decision: Chief Justice Roberts Is Person Of The Day
June 28 2012 11:49 AM
While Republicans and most conservatives might well be disappointed by Thursday?s Supreme Court decision to uphold President Barack Obama?s Affordable Health Act, one of their own is the person of the day: Chief Justice John G. Roberts Jr.
- Health Reform Supreme Court Decision: Technology Industry Impact
June 28 2012 10:26 AM
The Supreme Court?s ruling to uphold the Affordable Health Care Act will likely benefit the technology industry, from computer services providers like Hewlett-Packard Co. (NYSE: HPQ) to medical electronics makers like Agilent Technologies (NYSE: A).
- Obamacare Supreme Court Ruling: Upholds Health Care Law, Individual Mandate Constitutional
June 28 2012 10:26 AM
Chief Justice John Roberts sided with the court's liberal judges to uphold the law's individual mandate.
- German Court's Circumcision Ruling Angers Both Jewish And Muslim Groups
June 27 2012 5:07 PM
A German court ruling that said circumcision violates a child's fundamental right to bodily integrity has drawn criticism from members of the country's Jewish and Muslim communities, where the practice has historical and religious significance.
- Supreme Court Health Care Decision Is Coming Thursday: What You Need To Know
June 27 2012 11:55 AM
After two years of partisan arguments surrounding the constitutionality of the Affordable Care Act, the Supreme Court will finally make its call on Thursday.
- What Is Acute Myeloid Leukemia? About Nora Ephron's Cause Of Death
June 26 2012 10:51 PM
Complications from acute myeloid leukemia was Nora Ephron's cause of death. This article will teach you all about the serious condition.
- Dole Salad Recall: Are You Affected? Find Out Here
June 26 2012 11:12 AM
The Dole Food Company has issued a precautionary recall involving 1,077 packages of bagged salads that were sold in six states at Wal-Mart and Kroger under those supermarket brands over possible listeria contamination, the California-based company announced.