- Supreme Court Health Care Decision To Come Thursday
June 25 2012 10:04 AM
The U.S. Supreme Court will announce its health care decision on Thursday, after making three major rulings on Monday.
- Google?s Page Lost Voice; ?Nothing Seriously Wrong?
June 25 2012 9:19 AM
Google (Nasdaq: GOOG) CEO Larry Page has lost his voice, must avoid speaking and won?t deliver a speech at a Google developers? event this week in San Francisco.
- Americans Are Concerned About Antibiotics In Their Meat: Poll
June 23 2012 4:27 PM
Most Americans are concerned about the public-health consequences of antibiotic overuse, even as the U.S. Food and Drug Administration drags its heels in developing regulations for the meat industry.
- What Will Happen If The Supreme Court Overturns 'ObamaCare'?
June 23 2012 1:29 PM
The fate of the Obama administration's health care reform law may finally be settled this week, when the U.S. Supreme Court is widely expected to finally announce whether the politically charged law will live or die.
- Lone Star Tick Bite May Trigger Allergic Reaction To Meat, Symptoms Seen After Just One Bite [PHOTO]
June 23 2012 11:59 AM
The lone star tick is what insiders are saying is responsible for the wave of meat allergies spreading up the East Coast. Named for the white spot on its back, the lone star tick makes its mark by biting its victim and releasing saliva into the wound, which triggers an allergic reaction to meat.
- 'Smoking Kid' Thailand Video Goes Viral: Is It The Best Anti-Smoking Ad Ever? [VIDEO]
June 22 2012 3:27 PM
A powerful anti-smoking ad from Thailand where children with cigarettes in their hands ask smokers for a light and the smokers chide them on the harmful effects of puffing tobacco has gone viral.
- Suicide Rate Soaring Among India?s Young, Well-Educated
June 22 2012 8:50 AM
Suicide now ranks as the second leading cause of death among Indian youth.
- Anne Hathaway's Radish And Hummus Regimen And 5 Other Extreme Celeb Diets [SLIDESHOW]
June 20 2012 6:21 PM
Anne Hathaway stuck to an intense diet and exercise regimen while slimming down for the filming of The Dark Knight Rises and Les Miserables surviving on radishes and hummus at one point. But she's not the only celeb who has undertaken an extreme diet.
- Americans Want New Health Care Reform Law If 'ObamaCare' Is Overturned
June 20 2012 5:40 PM
Just what they would want to replace it with, though, is not clear.
- Body Exchange, ?Plus-Size Friendly? Canadian Gym, Bans Skinny People
June 20 2012 11:12 AM
Body Exchange, a Canadian gym located in the heart of Vancouver, prides itself on being plus-size friendly as a work out sanctuary for those who are considered overweight. But the owner of the gym went as far as instating a ban on skinny people at the gym to preserve that environment.
- DryBath: Student Ludwick Marishane Invents Product For A Bath Sans Water
June 20 2012 9:12 AM
Imagine achieving that clean just-stepped-out-of-the shower feeling without ever setting foot in a bathtub or soaping up. That's exactly what one South African college student, Ludwick Marishane, achieved with his product invention called DryBath, a new way to take a bath sans water through a clear topical gel applied to the skin.
- If You Want To Live Longer, Move To New York City
June 19 2012 5:17 PM
New York City residents added 10 years to their life expectancy between 1987 and 2009, according to a new report.
- Wesley Warren Jr., Man With 100 Pound Scrotum, Turns Down Surgery For Scrotal Lymphedema [PHOTOS]
June 19 2012 4:40 PM
Wesley Warren Jr., the Las Vegas man who made headlines last year for having a rare condition causing his scrotum to weigh 100 pounds, turned down an offer Monday for free surgery to correct his scrotal lymphedema. View the slideshow to see photos of Wesley Warren Jr.
- The Quick And the Dead: Legal Battle Keeps Carroll Shelby's Body In Dallas Morgue Limbo
June 19 2012 2:33 PM
Legendary racing driver and muscle car builder Carroll Shelby is no longer quick, in both senses of the word, as a weird legal battle between his children and the last of his seven wives for possession of his remains has left his body stationary chilling in a Dallas County morgue, according to a report by the Los Angeles Times.
- New Yorkers Are Not Alone: Cambridge Mayor Also Considering Large Soda Ban
June 19 2012 2:26 PM
Drawing inspiration from New York City's Michael Bloomberg, the mayor of Cambridge, Massachusetts, is also considering banning large soda and sweetened beverages in city restaurants.
- Pakistan Taliban Chief Bans Polio Vaccine
June 19 2012 12:32 PM
Pakistan is one of three countries in the world where polio is still endemic.
- Weight Of The World In People Is 287 Million Tonnes, Study Finds
June 19 2012 10:00 AM
If you say the weight of the world is on your shoulders, now you'll be able to quantify it, thanks to a new study that found the world's population weighs 316 million tons, or about 287 million metric tons.
- Salmon Terrine: How To Make The World?s Healthiest Meal
June 19 2012 9:53 AM
Scientists have created the ultimate menu that they believe can be the world's healthiest meal not short of flavor. According to British researchers at the Leatherhead Food Research organization, the healthiest meal includes salmon terrine, chicken casserole with lentils and mixed vegetables and a walnut-covered blancmange as the dessert.
- Jack Osbourne Diagnosed With Multiple Sclerosis: What Symptoms And Treatment Await Ozzy's Son?
June 18 2012 2:46 PM
Jack Osbourne, reality TV star and son of rock god Ozzy Osbourne, has been diagnosed with multiple sclerosis, the 26-year-old told People. But the long term outlook for Osbourne?s health is not nearly as dire as the news would suggest initially. Treatment for symptoms is available that could allow Osbourne to lead a full life with few complications, despite MS.
- Did You Hear The One About The Fat Pakistani Cop?
June 18 2012 2:11 PM
The cops in Punjab will have to get their waistlines to 38 inches or less in two weeks.