- Is Palantir's Prism Powering PRISM Program?
June 07 2013 3:14 PM
Some suggest the PRISM program borrowed software from Silicon Valley-based Palantir, which owns a platform called Prism.
- Journalists Nitpick NY Times Op-Ed Amid Surveillance Scandal
June 07 2013 12:16 PM
A New York Times op-ed about the Obama administration’s surveillance scandals caused a bit of controversy after it was changed without comment, but was the change unethical?
- India's Phone, Internet Surveillance System "Chilling:" HRW
June 07 2013 8:59 AM
India's telecom surveillance system, introduced in April, can abuse rights to privacy and free expression, Human Rights Watch warned.
- Fired Over Facebook, A Bus Driver Becomes A Martyr For School Hunger
June 06 2013 5:33 PM
Support is growing for Johnny Cook, a school bus driver in Georgia who said he was fired over a Facebook status update about a hungry student.
- Zeus Malware Thriving On Facebook
June 06 2013 12:34 PM
The Zeus malware, which can drain bank accounts and steal passwords, has found a new home on Facebook.
- Samuel L. Jackson Records ‘Breaking Bad’ ‘I Am The Danger’ Monologue
June 06 2013 10:25 AM
Samuel L. Jackson's recording of the "I Am the Danger" monologue from "Breaking Bad" as part of his charity efforts supporting the Alzheimer's Association.
- Dating Sites Really Work, Says Study Commissioned By Dating Site
June 05 2013 5:13 PM
New research commissioned by the dating website eHarmony shows that one-third of married couples meet online -- and those that do are generally more satisfied.
- Jezebel Writer: I Had To Block Roseanne Barr After Her Rape Rant
June 05 2013 1:30 PM
Roseanne Barr went on a bizarre Twitter rant aimed at Jezebel’s Lindy West after West argued that comedians should not make jokes at the expense of rape victims.
- Pro-Assad Syrian Electronic Army's #OpTurkey Hacks Erdogan Site
June 05 2013 12:53 PM
In the continuing digital protest against the violent police reaction in Turkey, #OpTurkey, hackers from the Syrian Electronic Army joined Anonymous to hack the Turkish Prime Ministry's network.
- Mastectomy Photos Treated As Porn, Banned From Facebook
June 05 2013 9:01 AM
Facebook has banned mastectomy photos from the site, according to a peition filed by the Scar Project, which claims it treated breast cancer mastectomies as pornography.
- Facebook Account Hacking By Koobface Worm Rises In First Quarter
June 04 2013 6:28 PM
The Internet worm Koobface is making a comeback with McAfee reporting increased attacks on Facebook during the first quarter.
- Vine Gets RickRolled
June 04 2013 2:29 PM
The same day Twitter released the Vine app for Android, a 16-year-old hacked the app to upload a full video and RickRoll the entire platform.
- Turkish Protesters Share Positive Side Using Vine
June 04 2013 1:25 PM
Protesters took to the streets in opposition to the government. There were violent clashes with police, and also a lighter side.
- Anonymous Joins Turkey Protests
June 04 2013 12:25 PM
After a violent police response to protests in Turkey, Anonymous launched #OpTurkey to take several Turkish websites offline.
- Rubber Ducks Replace Tanks In Infamous Tiananmen Photo -- And Other Social Media Trends
June 04 2013 11:14 AM
On the 24th anniversary of the Tiananmen Massacre, Chinese netizens got creative to avoid censorship.
- UFO Crashes Into Volcano In Mexico
June 03 2013 3:21 PM
Footage of what is rumored to be a UFO crashing into Mexico's Popocatepetrl volcano is causing a stir among extraterrestrial enthusiasts.
- 'Deus Ex: Human Revolution' Sequel Teased On Twitter? [PHOTO]
June 03 2013 11:46 AM
'Deus Ex: The Fall' Teased On Twitter?
- Vine App Comes To Android
June 03 2013 11:01 AM
Twitter released the Vine app for Android phones on Monday as it's iOS user base pushed past 13 million.
- PS4 Vs. Xbox One: New Data Suggests PlayStation 4 Still More Popular Than New Xbox
May 31 2013 12:55 PM
Why would Microsoft's newest game system be lagging so far behind the PlayStation 4 in Google searches?
- Prancercise Goes Viral
May 31 2013 10:36 AM
Prancercise failed to become a craze in 1989, but, thanks to the Internet and Joanna Rohrback, the exercise has become a viral hit, 24 years after its debut.