- Supreme Court To Hear Facebook Threats Case
June 17 2014 11:25 AM
The Supreme Court has agreed to hear a case that could decide when social media threats become criminal.
- Is Ryan Gosling A Father? Facebook Hoax Claims Actor Adopted A Baby
June 16 2014 7:05 PM
Ryan Gosling fell victim to a Facebook hoax over Father's Day weekend.
- As Next Iraqi Net Crackdown Looms, ISIS Boasts On Twitter
June 16 2014 3:01 PM
The government is forcing Internet service providers to knock more of Iraq offline in an attempt to stifle ISIS communication.
- Miley Cyrus Seemingly Goes Topless For Equality
June 15 2014 11:58 PM
Miley Cyrus got around Instagram's censors on Saturday by covering her nipple with a cartoon bird, presumably for equality.
- Internet Access Reported Blocked Amid Iraq Turmoil
June 14 2014 7:59 PM
Iraq Internet outage appears similar to those instituted in 2011 during Arab Spring uprisings in Egypt.
- Facebook Nurses Wounds In War On Nipples
June 13 2014 6:22 PM
Revising a controversial policy, the social network now allows images of breastfeeding mothers, even if breasts are exposed.
- Storm Over Facebook Filtering Gains Strength
June 13 2014 1:09 PM
The National Hurricane Center joins a chorus of critics who say Facebook’s is becoming useless for real-time news.
- Facebook, Twitter Shut Down In Iraq Amid Chaos
June 13 2014 11:30 AM
While the ministry didn't give a reason for the shutdown, it's been speculated that the move is an attempt to stop militants from communicating on the Web.
- Facebook To Give Users Access To Advertising Data
June 12 2014 9:20 AM
Users will be able to change, delete or add to the information in their files, which will dictate what kind of ads they see on Facebook.
- Facebook To Allow Users To Edit Data That Generates Targeted Ads
June 12 2014 8:28 AM
"The goal is to make it clear to people why they saw the ad.”
- Meteorologists To Facebook: Stop Raining On Our Parade
June 11 2014 2:28 PM
As Facebook throttles the reach of non-advertising sites on its social network, weather forecasters say users are missing critical storm updates.
- PayPal Chief David Marcus Jumps To Facebook
June 09 2014 6:22 PM
The move spurs talk of how Facebook might profit from 12 billion messages daily.
- Chinese App Tracks Factory Pollution in Real Time
June 09 2014 5:41 PM
The app lets users pinpoint factories that are emitting excessive pollution, in an effort to pressure authorities and companies for cleaner air.
- Royal Reign: Twitter Reacts To Lil’ Kim’s Baby Name
June 09 2014 5:12 PM
Lil' Kim named her baby girl Royal Reign and set Twitter abuzz.
- Stanford Sexual Assault Case: 'Fix These Broken Policies,' Says Survivor
June 06 2014 7:13 PM
Student Leah Francis organized a rally to demand the university toughen its response to sexual assault.
- Gatorade Trolls LeBron On Twitter Over Cramps
June 06 2014 10:36 AM
Gatorade's Twitter account trolls LeBron James after cramps forced him to miss the end of Game 1 of the NBA Finals.
- The Images That China's Censors Don't Want People To See
June 05 2014 12:08 PM
The famous "tank man" photo is not the only image related to Tiananmen that's banned in China.
- Twitter In Talks To Buy SoundCloud Streaming Service
June 05 2014 6:49 AM
The company has aggressively expanded its capabilities to carry multimedia content.
- Eric Hill Remembered On Twitter After Tragic Death: ‘Bachelorette’ Host Chris Harrison Speaks Out
June 03 2014 9:44 PM
"Bachelorette" star Eric Hill was remember on Twitter after he passed away in a paragliding accident on April 23.
- Iranian Hackers Use Facebook To Spy On US, Others
May 29 2014 12:54 AM
The operation has been active since at least 2011 and could be the most elaborate cyber espionage campaign uncovered to date from any nation.