- Private Alternatives To Google And Facebook
June 19 2013 2:38 PM
The NSA PRISM scandal has created a growing market to search engine and social network alternatives that promise user privacy and anonymity.
- Red Robin Calls Vegetarianism A 'Phase' In New Ad
June 19 2013 10:54 AM
Restaurant Red Robin is under fire this week for releasing an ad calling the choice to be vegetarian a "phase."
- Zuckerberg Ditches Hoodie For Chat With South Korean President
June 18 2013 1:46 PM
Facebook's Mark Zuckerberg is the latest Silicon Valley leader to visit South Korea.
- Russian Man Captures His Own Death On Film
June 18 2013 1:07 PM
Russian man, Evgeny Titvo, captured his death earlier this month on film while witnessing a nearby building demolition.
- Chinese Netizens Divided On Xenophobic Student Attacks In France
June 17 2013 4:22 PM
Netizens were sympathetic over six Chinese students attacked in France -- until it came out that one was the daughter of an official.
- Video Instagram Coming Soon?
June 17 2013 11:01 AM
Facebook will introduce a new product at a mysterious event this Thursday, and many expect it to be a video version of Instagram.
- IOS 7 On iPhone 6 With Edge-To-Edge Display: A Concept Design
June 17 2013 12:01 AM
A designer has come up with a new “iPhone 6” concept with iOS 7 and a 4.3-inch edge-to-edge display. Here’s how it might look.
- Facebook Releases Data On US National-Security Requests
June 14 2013 11:18 PM
Facebook reported Friday it had between 9,000 and 10,000 information requests related to national security in the last six months of 2012.
- Why The World Suddenly Cares About Protesters In Turkey
June 13 2013 4:58 PM
Minorities have long been suppressed in Turkey -- but now protests in Istanbul and across the country have finally garnered attention abroad.
- George Takei Ghostwriter Apologizes For Spilling The Beans On Takei's Facebook Page
June 13 2013 1:50 AM
Comedian Rick Polito says he's sorry for revealing that he ghostwrites content for George Takei's mega-popular Facebook page.
- Florida Mother Tricks Sexual Predator, Nabbing The Suspect With The Help Of A Target Ad
June 12 2013 9:03 PM
A Florida mother used an innovative plan to help nab an adult man who was sending her 11-year-old daughter pornographic text messages.
- Tech Companies Want Permission To Say What They Gave The NSA
June 12 2013 6:57 AM
More Internet companies have followed Google’s lead and called on the U.S. government to allow them to disclose the nature of the NSA's requests.
- 'Obama Is Checking Your Email' Is Hilarious
June 10 2013 6:29 PM
The "Obama Is Checking Your Email" Tumblr is a hilarious response to the NSA phone and online surveillance scandals that have roiled Washington over the past week.
- NSA PRISM: 3 Ways Orwell's '1984' Saw This Coming
June 10 2013 10:37 AM
George Orwell imagined a world of omnipresent government surveillance and mind control in his iconic dystopian novel '1984.'
- 'Mad Men' Recap: Doctor My Eyes
June 10 2013 8:56 AM
In "Favors," Don Draper and Sylvia Rosen's reunion is interrupted by a surprise visit from Sally; Pete and Peggy take a walk down memory lane; Bob Benson is [SPOILER].
- Facebook, Twitter Users Rally Around Whistle-Blower
June 09 2013 4:43 PM
Facebook and Twitter users are rallying around Edward Snowden, the contractor identified as the source of the NSA intelligence leak.
- Down The 'Mad Men' Rabbit Hole We Go With A 'Conspiracy Theorist'
June 08 2013 10:29 AM
Meet the wizard behind the "Mad Men" conspiracy theory curtain.
- When Is A Blogger Not A Blogger?
June 07 2013 5:30 PM
A New York Times profile of the Guardian's Glenn Greenwald, who broke a major domestic surveillance story this week, repeatedly refers to him as a blogger, not a reporter. Was it a subtle attempt to denigrate him?
- Teen Released After 1 Month In Jail For Facebook Terror Threat
June 07 2013 3:18 PM
A Massachusetts teenager has been released after spending one month in jail for a Facebook post which police said constituted a terrorist threat.
- Is Palantir's Prism Powering PRISM Program?
June 07 2013 3:14 PM
Some suggest the PRISM program borrowed software from Silicon Valley-based Palantir, which owns a platform called Prism.