- Introducing The World’s First Instagram Hotel
October 02 2013 5:41 AM
The world's first "Instagram hotel," Sydney's 1888 Hotel, offers a free night stay to anyone with more than 10,000 followers.
- Facebook’s Mobile Ad Revenue Soared In Late 2013
October 01 2013 12:08 PM
Citi analysts predicted Facebook’s mobile ad revenues per user this year could top its desktop ad revenues for the first time.
- Obamacare Websites Riddled With Glitches, And Both Sides Claim Victory
October 01 2013 11:56 AM
Hours into the launch of the online healthcare exchanges, widespread glitches are being reported. Is this the result of government ineptitude or overwhelming demand?
- US Govt Shutdown May Delay Twitter IPO Filing
September 30 2013 2:32 PM
Twitter may submit files for an IPO this week, but it could be delayed due to the threat of a shutdown of the U.S. government.
- 4 Smart Ways Facebook Will Turbocharge Your Job Search
September 27 2013 12:04 PM
- Defund Obamacare Tweeters Slam Those Opposing Cruz
September 25 2013 12:08 PM
As Sen. Cruz filibuster continued, thousands of Twitter supporters beseeched their senators telling them to defund the Affordable Care Act.
- California Lets Minors Delete Online History
September 25 2013 11:31 AM
A new California law will give minors a clean slate as adults by letting them erase their embarrassing online history.
- Fake Ad Fools Iphone Users Into Thinking Their Phones Are Waterproof
September 24 2013 11:57 PM
A fake ad claiming that Apple's recent iOS7 update makes users' iPhones waterproof has apparently led a few to test the new feature, destroying their handsets.
- LinkedIn Denies Hacking Accusation
September 23 2013 2:58 PM
In a blog post, the senior director of litigation at LinkedIn says accusations directed at the network are completely false.
- Searching For Food Stamps? Here’s An Ad For Wendy’s
September 20 2013 3:20 PM
As House Republicans voted to slash the food-stamp program, Twitter searches for “food stamps” brought promoted tweets from SpaghettiOs, Campbell’s Soup and major restaurant chains.
- Privacy Concerns Push Some Away From Facebook
September 19 2013 2:31 PM
A recent study of 600 adults found that 48% cited privacy concerns as their motivation.
- What Does #WCW Mean? Women Crush Wednesday Trends On Twitter, Instagram, Facebook And Tumblr
September 18 2013 6:24 PM
The Twitter term #WCW stands for "Woman Crush Wednesday" and encourages social media users to share pictures of females they admire.
- Taliban Gains Twitter Followers After Claiming Assassination
September 18 2013 12:21 PM
The Taliban’s Twitter account gained followers and much ridicule after a tweet in which it claimed responsibility for killing an Afghan official.
- China's Social Media Crackdown Continues
September 18 2013 11:44 AM
Political experts are weighing-in on the implications of China's social media crackdown.
- Gun Lovers Lose Their Cool Over Henry Winkler’s Navy Yard Tweet
September 16 2013 7:09 PM
Former “Happy Days” actor Henry Winkler wasted no time politicizing the mass shooting in Washington on Monday, while pro-gun advocates fired back with political tweets of their own.
- The Life And Times Of Twitter On The Way To Its IPO
September 13 2013 1:19 PM
Here’s a review of the major events over the last seven years leading to Twitter’s IPO.
- 5 Things To Know About Twitter Before You Invest
September 12 2013 9:30 PM
Twitter filed for its highly anticipated IPO Thursday. But the new JOBs act allows details of the filing to be secret another three weeks.
September 12 2013 4:33 PM
- Facebook Shares Climb to Record High
September 12 2013 12:41 AM
The stock's new high is the latest milestone in a striking recovery following its weak Wall Street debut last year.
- Twitter Buys MoPub For $350 Million In Stock
September 10 2013 6:53 AM
Twitter acquired MoPub, a mobile advertising firm, fueling rumors that it may launch its own ad exchange soon.