- What Is ‘NekNomination’? Online Drinking Game Fueled By ‘Huge Amount Of Peer Pressure’
February 03 2014 2:08 PM
An online drinking game that involves filming someone chugging whole bottles of alcohol and challenging others to do the same has been cited in two deaths.
- 7 Great Internet Moments From The Super Bowl
February 03 2014 12:48 PM
For many, the Internet was more fun than the actual game, so here are some social media highlights from the night.
- Facebook Execs Sell Stock, Make Millions
January 30 2014 5:39 PM
After the market closed on Thursday, Facebook stock was up 14 percent, hitting an all-time high for the social media giant.
- Why Investors Will Love Facebook's Paper App
January 30 2014 3:03 PM
Facebook's visual news reader app Paper will release for iPhone on Feb. 3.
- All The News Worth Tweeting About
January 30 2014 1:31 PM
Read all about it: The Washington Post drove more tweets than any other newspaper in the U.S. in 2013.
- Facebook Q4 Earnings: Call It A Win
January 29 2014 5:32 PM
Facebook reported earnings-per-share of 31 cents on $2.59 billion in revenue, beating optimistic Wall Street predictions.
- State Of The Union - The Twitter Heat Chart
January 29 2014 10:38 AM
Check out Twitter's interactive visualization that tracked what President Obama said during his speech.
- Facebook Q4 Earnings Preview: Happy Days Continue
January 28 2014 11:02 AM
Of special interest to investors is how Facebook will address concerns that it is fading in popularity among young users.
- Google And Obama: Together Again
January 24 2014 1:11 PM
The president will field questions from the American public in a Google+ Hangout Jan. 31, following his State of the Union address.
- Bieber's Buddy Khalil Shareif Arrested With Pop Star
January 23 2014 3:42 PM
The R&B singer and Justin Bieber were arrested during the early hours of Jan. 23.
- Racy Photos Of Kaitlin Pearson Lead To Administrative Leave [PHOTOS]
January 23 2014 1:28 PM
The 23-year-old teacher's aide posted racy Instagram page photos that have led to her being placed on paid administrative leave.
- Is Facebook Dying Like A Cured Disease?
January 22 2014 4:53 PM
A Princeton team concluded that Facebook will be as obscure as Myspace in a few years.
- Why Chinese Officials Muted Social Media
January 22 2014 3:18 PM
Two stories affecting the government broke Wednesday in China, but you wouldn't know it from Chinese media and social media.
- LogMeIn Free Is Dead, Long Live LogMeIn
January 21 2014 6:03 PM
Beginning Tuesday, the company will gradually migrate users of its free products to LogMeIn Pro.
- Glenn Beck Fans Demand: 'I Want My Blaze TV!'
January 21 2014 2:08 PM
The conservative media personality is urging his viewers to besiege their cable companies with requests for TheBlaze TV, and it’s working.
- Why Biz Owners Are Fed Up With Yelp’s Algorithm
January 17 2014 4:22 PM
Reputation-management companies claim they can improve Yelp ratings. Are their services legit?
- How Many Teens Are Leaving Facebook?
January 16 2014 5:46 PM
A new report from digital marketing agency iStrategyLabs shows exactly how many teens have abandoned Facebook.
- Livid Gun Lovers Fired Up Over Anti-NRA Flick
January 16 2014 4:51 PM
Following reports that the Weinstein Co. is producing an anti-NRA Meryl Streep vehicle, angry gun owners flocked to Facebook and posted one-star reviews of the film company.
- Is Rep. Aaron Schock Gay? The Question Is In Play
January 16 2014 2:58 PM
The rumors that Aaron Schock may be gay was picked up by the New York Times, although the paper didn't name the Republican congressman from Illinois.
- 'Wages For Facebook' Campaign Demands Pay Per 'Like'
January 16 2014 1:45 PM
A new campaign called "Wages For Facebook" has some activists demanding that the social media giant pay its users for their activity.