- Some Chinese Say Typhoon Haiyan Is 'Karma'
November 11 2013 3:37 PM
While China's government has sent relief funds to the Philippines despite an ongoing territorial dispute, some Chinese claim the typhoon was "karma."
- Why Mobile Messaging Apps Are Taking Teens Away From Facebook
November 11 2013 1:52 PM
Teens are gravitating away from Facebook and communicating more on mobile messaging apps like WhatsApp, LINE, Kik and others.
- Is North Korea Ready For Hip Hop?
November 09 2013 11:49 AM
In an industry where standing out is important, DC rappers Pacman and Peso are traveling to North Korea to create buzz.
- Social Connectivity? Is The Xbox One Better Than The PS4?
November 08 2013 3:59 PM
Comparing the differences and similarities of the next-generation consoles' social connectivity aspects.
- YouTube Founder Blasts YouTube Comments
November 08 2013 3:22 PM
Jawed Karim took to YouTube for the first time in eight years to express his thoughts on the new comments feature.
- Chinese Joke About Twitter IPO
November 08 2013 11:59 AM
Unable to access the site themselves, many Chinese joked about the success of the Twitter IPO.
- Report: Paulina Gretzky Caught On Fire At Calif. Bar
November 07 2013 12:30 PM
Twitter superstar Paulina Gretzky was reportedly unhurt when her sweater caught on fire at a Calif. bar.
- Square Inc., Headed By Twitter's Jack Dorsey, Reportedly In IPO Discussions
November 06 2013 11:03 PM
A source with knowledge of the plan said the company had discussions about a 2014 IPO with Morgan Stanley and Goldman Sachs.
- Tweet This: A Better Than 70% IPO Pop For Twitter - But Is The Stock A Good Investment?
November 06 2013 5:18 PM
It will be a little while before small investors can tap Twitter, but that isn’t stopping people from wondering if it's a smart investment.
- A Protest in 140 Characters
November 06 2013 2:16 PM
When Twitter debuts on Wall Street Thurs., activists will gather at its SF HQ to protest its effects on rent and transportation in the city.
- Google Engineers Drop F-Bombs On The NSA
November 06 2013 1:57 PM
Google engineers are taking to social media to express how they really feel about NSA surveillance programs.
- What You Need To Know About The Twitter IPO On Thursday
November 06 2013 6:20 AM
Key question: Can Twitter leverage its user base into above-average demand for its shares?
- A Rarity For Wall Street: Watch Twitter's IPO Roadshow Presentation
November 05 2013 3:17 PM
A video of Twitter's private IPO roadshow presentation has been uploaded to YouTube.
- 5 Ways Google Will Profit From Helpouts
November 05 2013 12:44 PM
These are five ways Google can make money of its new Helpout service.
- The Reach Of Instagram: Now In North Korea
November 05 2013 10:27 AM
Instagram now provides glimpses of everyday life in the world's most reclusive nation.
- Katy Perry Leave Justin Bieber In The Dust: Breaks Record For Most Followers On Twitter
November 04 2013 7:13 PM
On Monday morning, Justin Bieber was officially dethroned from his 9-month reign as the most followed person on Twitter by pop singer Katy Perry.
- LAX Shooting Suspect, Like Others, Left Few Digital Footprints
November 04 2013 4:46 PM
Paul Ciancia's generation lives on Facebook/Twitter, but like other young men accused of mass violence, he had little interest in social media.
- Chinese State Media Takes On Jimmy Kimmel
November 04 2013 11:19 AM
China's state media is not letting go of its problem with the ABC host, and his segment about unorthodox solutions to the U.S. debt with China.
- Scandals Threaten KFC's Top Status In China
October 31 2013 12:20 PM
KFC China is the country's most popular foreign brand, but recent scandals have left consumers with a bad taste in their mouths.
- China's Handling Of Tiananmen Square Suicide Crash vs. Boston Marathon Bombing Response
October 31 2013 6:19 AM
China took the polar opposite approach when handling a high-profile emergency situation.