- 2013's Top Instagram Photos: The 13 Biggest Events This Year
December 17 2013 9:49 AM
In just a few years, Instagram has become the de facto standard for social online photo sharing. Take a look at some of the best 2013 moments captured by Instagram users.
- A Business Model Advancement That May Annoy - Facebook To Launch Auto-Play Video Ads
December 17 2013 5:46 AM
Will the move annoy users enough to log-off the social network?
- Twitter Downgraded By Two Analysts; 'Fundamentals' Questioned
December 16 2013 6:31 PM
Wells Fargo Securities and SunTrust Robinson Humphry put a damper on the new issue's stock party.
- Asian-Americans Speak Out: ‘We’re Not Your Sidekick’
December 16 2013 1:35 PM
Freelance writer Suey Park spearheaded the viral hashtag #NotYourAsianSidekick, which trended for more than 24 hours this weekend.
- Twitter Reverses Changes On Blocking Policy
December 13 2013 5:31 AM
The microblogging site said that it would continue to look for features to prevent retaliatory behavior and abuse.
- Facebook Now On S&P Indexes
December 12 2013 1:12 AM
Facebook's stock jumped after its inclusion to the S&P indexes, which puts it in the league of the largest US companies.
- Dylan Twitter Account Is Fake, And So Is Tweet Claiming Responsibility For It
December 11 2013 1:31 PM
Bob Dylan is not on Twitter, and Tommaso De Benedetti is not the person behind @BobDylanTweets.
- Reddit Bug May Affect Ranking System
December 10 2013 12:15 PM
The bug affects the algorithm that determines the ranking of the posts and allows for malicious users to game the system and even keep certain types of content censored.
- What US Tech Companies Want From Obama
December 09 2013 6:59 AM
The latest public revolt comes at a time when Obama is planning to introduce sweeping changes to the NSA and laws governing the agency.
- Paris Hilton Tweet Hoax: Why Were The Media So Quick To Buy It?
December 06 2013 1:33 PM
In spreading a phony quote about Nelson Mandela, Twitter user @DeletedTweets inadvertently proved the powerful allure of the almighty screenshot.
- China's Authorities (And Political Prisoners) Remember Mandela's Legacy
December 06 2013 12:05 PM
Nelson Mandela is remembered by Chinese politicians and dissenters, but for slightly different reasons.
- Live Stream Of Adorable - And Adoptable! - Christmas Cats Will Shatter Your Productive Friday
December 06 2013 11:21 AM
Long Island's North Shore Animal League is hosting a live stream video all day of adorable, and adoptable!, cats running around a Christmas scene on its #ChristmasCatsTV.
- Chinese Patriots Rally To Nation, Not Government
December 04 2013 6:05 AM
While many Chinese conversations turn patriotic as tensions flare over the Diaoyu/Senkaku islands, many still can't get behind the government.
- Facebook Introduces 'Unfollow' Button
December 04 2013 3:09 AM
With new algorithms, Facebook will now help clean up your profile page so you only read stuff you really care about.
- Social Media Jobs Will Be Non-Existent Within 10 Years
November 29 2013 7:16 AM
Thanks to the rise of a young Internet-savvy generation, social media skills among workers will be taken for granted.
- 'Sharkeisha' Has Reportedly Been Arrested
November 27 2013 2:27 PM
"Sharkeisha," the star of a fight video that has gone viral, has reportedly been arrested, and mugshots purportedly of the hard-punching woman are making the rounds online.
- China's Muted Response To US B-52 Flyover Disappoints Public
November 27 2013 1:04 PM
Chinese netizens aren't happy with China's reaction to America flying bombers in its newly estsablished air defense zone.
- Women Can Rate Their Dates On Lulu, 'Yelp For Guys'
November 27 2013 12:00 PM
Lulu, an app that lets women anonymously "review" men they know on Facebook, is gaining popularity - and critics.
- NSA Tracked Online Sexual Habits Of Its 'Targets'
November 27 2013 7:53 AM
Documents released by Edward Snowden show the NSA collected records of online sexual activity of the people it suspected of radicalism.
- Comet ISON Approaching: Where To Watch It
November 27 2013 6:03 AM
According to some observers, any place with a dark sky and a low horizon would be a good spot to watch the rare comet.