- Google ‘Shared Endorsements’ Feature Uses Your Photo In Ads
October 12 2013 3:31 PM
Google’s new ad feature will use your face and name to sell products to anyone in its ad network. Here’s how to opt out of it.
- Twitter’s Hidden Revenue Stream Flows From Personal Data We Reveal In Tweets
October 11 2013 8:40 PM
Roughly 15 percent of Twitter’s revenue is generated by a quiet side business of selling its data stream and user information.
- Facebook Removes Search Privacy: Is It Time To Delete Your Profile?
October 11 2013 3:03 PM
Facebook is making all profiles searchable by all users: Does that represent more information than you wanted distributed to the public?
- New York Comic Con 2013: Wild Costumes, New Games, Art, And Comics [VIDEO]
October 11 2013 1:38 PM
- So-Called US Trucker Protest Fueled By Anti-Obama Venom
October 10 2013 3:51 PM
The trucking industry has fiercely condemned “Truckers Ride for the Constitution,” which is less about civil disobedience than a deep hatred of President Obama.
- Who Is Noah Glass?
October 10 2013 1:23 PM
Noah Glass was an essential component to the creation of Twitter before he was betrayed and ousted by Dorsey and Williams.
- The Remote Control Tourists Who Go Before You Go
October 10 2013 5:40 AM
Ever wish you could see a city through someone else’s eyes before you book a trip? That's the idea behind Melbourne's Remote Control Tourists.
- Developing Countries: Mobile Growth Soon
October 09 2013 12:00 AM
A report shows the predominance of mobile over broadband Internet connection worldwide, and the importance of young, tech-savvy consumers.
- Factoids From A Changing America: The Hot Pew Research Polls Of 2013
October 08 2013 12:38 PM
The Pew Research Center found these 20 poll results were their most popular products on social media.
- Why People Keep Falling Over Twitter’s Latest Trend
October 05 2013 10:37 PM
Twipping, a new Twitter trend that has people posting pictures of themselves after falling down or up stairs, is growing in popularity on the social-media network.
- Facebook Reveals Plans To Build $120 Million Company Town
October 04 2013 9:57 PM
Facebook revealed plans to build a $120 million, 394-unit housing complex for its employees in Menlo Park, Calif.
- Will Twitter’s IPO Fare Worse Than Facebook’s?
October 04 2013 3:19 PM
Twitter’s S-1 form for an IPO revealed some startling details about its finances. Will those tweets be a good investment?
- Chaos In The City: National Holiday in China Draws Overwhelming Tourist Crowds
October 04 2013 1:19 PM
Holiday travel in any country can be pretty hectic. With 1.3 billion people on vacation for National Day, China's is probably the worst.
- Japanese Youngsters Help Set New Twitter Record
October 04 2013 3:04 AM
The record was set after thousands of youth took to the site to discuss the “Castle in the Sky” anime.
- Twitter Photos Capture Eyewitness Views Of Capitol Shooting Incident
October 03 2013 11:33 PM
While authorities chased down the car of suspect Miriam Carey, eyewitnesses took to Twitter to share dramatic images.
- Instagram Announces Ads
October 03 2013 7:27 PM
Instagram, the popular mobile photo-sharing app that has been completely ad-free since it launched in 2010, announced Thursday on its blog that the gravy train is ending.
- Twitter Files For IPO
October 03 2013 5:44 PM
Just after 5 p.m. EDT, Twitter announced that it was ready to publicly file its S-1 for its IPO with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
- They're Watching: China Employs Two Million To Monitor Online Discussion
October 03 2013 3:45 PM
China is becoming more sophisticated in controlling the growing Internet population, as people become more social-media friendly.
- As Social Media Grows, Social Spam Soars
October 03 2013 2:45 PM
Social media spam grew by 355 percent for the first half of 2013, according to a new report from the security-tech company Nexgate.
- Dating App Lets You Pay To Filter Fat People [VIDEO]
October 02 2013 5:03 PM
Dating & Relationships