- Amazon Publishing Reveals Sales Numbers In Email
September 14 2012 10:58 AM
After seeing the unprecedented success of a title like "Fifty Shades of Grey," casual readers and publishing industry analysts alike were led to wonder what the future of digital publishing held for the book industry as Amazon Inc. (Nasdaq: AMZN) continues to edge out traditional publishing houses and retailers alike with its aggressive competitive pricing scheme. In an email sent to literary agents unearthed by GigaOM on Thursday, Amazon Publishing Vice President Jeff Belle revealed some ...
- Steve Wozniak, Apple Co-Founder, On iPhone 5 Patent Litigation: 'I Hate It'
September 13 2012 10:56 AM
Steve Wozniak, the programmer and computer engineer who helped launch what would later become Apple Inc. (Nasdaq: AAPL), didn't have the best things to say about his former company when the subject of Apple's recent legal battle with Samsung (KRX:005930) came up, even as he expressed his anticipation for purchasing the new iPhone 5. Speaking to Bloomberg about Wednesday's launch of the highly anticipated iPhone 5 unveiling, Wozniak praised the iPhone 5, but also commented on the recent ...
- Apple Stock Recovers Amidst iPhone 5 Hype After Pre-Announcement Drop
September 12 2012 10:59 PM
Shares of Apple Inc. (Nasdaq: AAPL) jumped Wednesday during its highly anticipated unveiling of a host of new high-profile software and hardware products, including the iPhone 5, in San Francisco.
- Samsung Galaxy S3 To Break 30 Million Sales As Android Jelly Bean Release Date Approaches
September 12 2012 5:34 PM
Samsung’s Galaxy S3, the company’s flagship smartphone of 2012, is projected to reach another 10 million unit sales before the year’s end. Samsung believes that its Galaxy S3 will achieve more than 30 million in global sales by the end of 2012, an executive said to the Yonhap News Agency.
- Apple iPhone 5 Launch: Expectations Run High Ahead Of New iPhone Launch As Apple Dons Defensive Role Against Samsung
September 12 2012 9:06 AM
With just a few hours to go for the much-awaited Apple's (AAPL) Sept.12 event, excitement about the announcements of the next generation iPhone and new gadgets seemed to have hit the roof.
- Apple UDID Leaks: BlueToad Breaks Silence On Hacking Attack; Owns Up As Source For Incident
September 11 2012 7:26 AM
In a clearly worded acknowledgement, digital publishing firm BlueToad confirmed that it was the source of Apple UDID leaks reported last week, Reuters reported.
- Toys 'R' Us Takes On Amazon With 'Tabeo' - Tablet For Kids
September 10 2012 11:00 AM
Toys ''R'' Us is introducing a tablet for children, and the new product will not be available online. The Tabeo, as the new tablet is called, can be pre-ordered over the Internet but it is only available in Toys "R" Us stores.
- Kindle Fire HD Ad Opt-Outs To Cost $15; Amazon Reverses Policy On Forced Ads
September 09 2012 8:01 AM
Amazon's Kindle Fire launched Sept.6, appears to be making news for more wrong reasons than right. After news of the device lacking FCC approval for sale hit anxious customers Friday, the company seems to offer interested parties some respite as it appears to have reversed policy on the forced ads.
- Apple iPhone 5 Rumors Update: Chinese Company Uses Leaked Photos Of iPhone 5 To Patent Design, Releases Knockoff GooPhone I5 (VIDEO)
September 09 2012 6:29 AM
Even before Apple (AAPL) could unveil its next-generation iPhone, the Chinese seem to be in a tearing hurry as a company by name GooPhone has released a new phone GooPhone I5 that bears strong resemblances to leaked images of the next-generation iPhone, often referred to as iPhone 5.
- Tech And Gaming Channel G4 To Get A GQ-Inspired Facelift, Here Are Some Programming Ideas For The New G4
September 07 2012 12:04 PM
G4, a channel that has established itself as a premier destination for all things geek culture is apparently going to undergo a bit of a change. NBC/Universal is looking to shift the channel from its nerdy roots to a more mature, GQ-inspired look.
- Apple Vs Samsung Lawsuit: Apple Partners New Firm For iPhone Chips Supply
September 07 2012 4:21 AM
Apple has placed some memory-chip orders for its upcoming iPhone with Asian chip makers and has moved away from Samsung for this component, sources told The Wall Street Journal.
- Amazon Kindle Fire HD Announcement: 3 Reasons It’s Not Called The Kindle Fire 2 [OPINION]
September 06 2012 6:18 PM
Amazon officially announced its next-generation Kindle Fire release on Thursday, unveiling a brand new tablet with improved specs and battery, HD visuals and 4G LTE connectivity. However, there is one characteristic no critic or analyst had predicted: the tablet’s name.
- Amazon Kindle Fire HD Revealed: Release Date, Price And Specs For Next Generation Tablet Unveiled
September 06 2012 2:42 PM
Amazon unveiled its next-generation Kindle Fire at a press event on Sept. 6 in California alongside a fresh paper-white E-reader. Referred to as the Kindle Fire HD, the device boasts visual upgrades, a faster processor and longer lasting battery than its predecessor.
- iPad Hacking: Was Obama's iPad Compromised In Antisec Hacking? Is Romney Also A Victim Of Hacking Attack?
September 06 2012 6:16 AM
Even as FBI denied Antisec Hacker group's claim that it stole personal identification data from millions of Apple device owners, news of Obama's iPad being compromised is making rounds in technology circuits.
- Apple Vs Samsung Lawsuit: How Samsung's Strategy Influenced Its Current Position In South Korea
September 03 2012 4:41 AM
Samsung Electronics (005930) appears to be taking stock of things after the California jury ordered the South Korean giant to pay $1.05 billion in damages to Apple (AAPL) for violating patents pertaining to iPhone and iPad.
- Apple iPhone 5 Rumors: New Earphones Video Showcases Redesigned Accessory To Accompany iPhone 5
September 02 2012 8:15 AM
With just 10 days to go for the Apple September 12 event, a new video on Vietnamese portal Tinhte.vn showcases redesigned earphones that is likely to accompany the next-generation iPhone.
- iPhone 5 Rumored LTE Feature Could Have AT&T Costumers Switch To Verizon
September 01 2012 10:34 AM
As the iPhone 5 release date approaches, analysts speculated on rumors of LTE capability and if the alleged feature could have AT&T costumers switch to Verizon.
- Meet The Sphero, A Smartphone-Controlled Ball That Could Be The Future Of Toys
August 31 2012 12:52 PM
The Sphero is a new kind of toy that tries to blend virtual gaming with physical toys in what its creators call "mixed reality." But before it does that, co-creator Ian Bernstein wants users to become more friendly with their machines.
- Apple Vs Samsung Lawsuit Will Spawn More Patent Trials; Patents Are New Currency In Knowledge-Based Economy: Expert (Exclusive Interview)
August 30 2012 8:02 AM
Patent expert Alexander Poltorak, CEO and chairman of General Patent Corporation, advocates multi-tier patent system, specialized patent courts and arbitration forums as the key facilitators for the speedy resolution of increasing number of patent disputes and dubs patents as the new currency in Knowledge-Based Economy.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Officially Revealed: Full List Of Specs And Features Confirmed; Did The Rumors Hold Up? [VIDEO]
August 29 2012 6:04 PM
Samsung has officially announced its Galaxy Note 2, the successor to the Korea-based manufacturer's widely successful Galaxy Note device. As expected, Samsung unveiled the smartphone-tablet hybrid just ahead of IFA, which starts on Friday in Berlin.