- iOS 6 Release Date Is Almost Here: Why Apple Maps May Lose To Google, Other Features To Look Out For
September 18 2012 11:30 AM
Apple will begin its official rollout of iOS 6 on Wednesday, just a couple of short days before the release date of its recently revealed iPhone 5. The next-generation operating system boasts a host of new features for iOS devices, but one crucial flaw may have some users considering a switch to Android.
- Apple iPhone 5 First Benchmarks Out: With Dual Core 1.02GHz A6 CPU, 1GB RAM, Device Narrowly Tops High End Android Rivals
September 17 2012 2:12 AM
The first iPhone 5 benchmark results have hit Geekbench and showed that the sixth generation iPhone, running iOS 6 with a Dual-Core 1.02GHz ARMv7 processor and 1GB of RAM, narrowly beats all previous iOS devices and high end Android products.
- Apple May Be Shipping IPhone 5 Preorders On Time Again After Pushing Back Dates Due To High Demand
September 15 2012 8:20 PM
Soon after Apple Inc. announced the iPhone 5, customers who preordered the phone online saw their shipping dates pushed back, from Sept. 21 to as far as October, because of high demand. However, it now appears the company may be able to ship on the expected date after all -- at least to some customers.
- iPhone 5 Release Date Could Be Major Boost For US Economy, Some Say
September 15 2012 3:04 PM
If sales following the iPhone 5 release date are as high as analysts predict, the Apple smartphone could aid the struggling US economy. .
- Apple Store Theft Captured On Video As Robbers Drive Car Through Entrance At Mall
September 14 2012 9:59 PM
Amazing security camera footage has captured several theieves ramming a BMW into an Apple Store in order to steal iPhones. The Apple Store theft occurred on September 6, as the driver slammed his car into the electronics store and an accomplice loaded a bag with phones.
- Apple iPhone 5 Pre-Orders Sell Out Within An Hour; Handset Shipment Dates Slip To Two Weeks
September 14 2012 8:42 AM
Just within an hour of the Apple (AAPL) iPhone 5 pre-orders going live, shipment dates for the new orders dropped to two weeks in the U.S., U.K., Canada, Germany and Australia, MacRumors stated.
- Watch Jimmy Kimmel Trick People Into Praising The iPhone 4S, Thinking It's An iPhone 5 [VIDEO]
September 13 2012 6:15 PM
Jimmy Kimmel decided to poke fun at all of the iPhone 5 hype by handing people on the street an older model iPhone 4S and telling them it was Apple's latest product. The results are pretty amazing.
- Steve Wozniak, Apple Co-Founder, On iPhone 5 Patent Litigation: 'I Hate It'
September 13 2012 10:56 AM
Steve Wozniak, the programmer and computer engineer who helped launch what would later become Apple Inc. (Nasdaq: AAPL), didn't have the best things to say about his former company when the subject of Apple's recent legal battle with Samsung (KRX:005930) came up, even as he expressed his anticipation for purchasing the new iPhone 5. Speaking to Bloomberg about Wednesday's launch of the highly anticipated iPhone 5 unveiling, Wozniak praised the iPhone 5, but also commented on the recent ...
- Apple Stock Recovers Amidst iPhone 5 Hype After Pre-Announcement Drop
September 12 2012 10:59 PM
Shares of Apple Inc. (Nasdaq: AAPL) jumped Wednesday during its highly anticipated unveiling of a host of new high-profile software and hardware products, including the iPhone 5, in San Francisco.
- Samsung Galaxy S3 To Break 30 Million Sales As Android Jelly Bean Release Date Approaches
September 12 2012 5:34 PM
Samsung’s Galaxy S3, the company’s flagship smartphone of 2012, is projected to reach another 10 million unit sales before the year’s end. Samsung believes that its Galaxy S3 will achieve more than 30 million in global sales by the end of 2012, an executive said to the Yonhap News Agency.
- Apple iPhone 5 Launch: Expectations Run High Ahead Of New iPhone Launch As Apple Dons Defensive Role Against Samsung
September 12 2012 9:06 AM
With just a few hours to go for the much-awaited Apple's (AAPL) Sept.12 event, excitement about the announcements of the next generation iPhone and new gadgets seemed to have hit the roof.
- Apple iPhone 5 Features Update: Samsung To Take Legal Action Against Apple For Employing LTE Technology
September 11 2012 4:31 AM
With just a day to go for Apple's Sept.12 event, confirmed reports have emerged that South Korean handset manufacturer Samsung is contemplating legal action against Apple over reported use of Long Term Evolution (LTE) connectivity technology.
- Apple iPhone 5 Features: Will iPhone 5 Sport Fingerprint Security? Does Apple's Acquisition Of AuthenTec Signal A Biometrically Evolved Device?
September 10 2012 4:55 AM
With just two days to go for Apple's (AAPL) Sept. 12 event, rumor mills are working overtime as speculations of Apple's much-awaited next generation iPhone sporting fingerprint security feature make the rounds.
- Apple iPhone 5 Rumors Update: Chinese Company Uses Leaked Photos Of iPhone 5 To Patent Design, Releases Knockoff GooPhone I5 (VIDEO)
September 09 2012 6:29 AM
Even before Apple (AAPL) could unveil its next-generation iPhone, the Chinese seem to be in a tearing hurry as a company by name GooPhone has released a new phone GooPhone I5 that bears strong resemblances to leaked images of the next-generation iPhone, often referred to as iPhone 5.
- Tech And Gaming Channel G4 To Get A GQ-Inspired Facelift, Here Are Some Programming Ideas For The New G4
September 07 2012 12:04 PM
G4, a channel that has established itself as a premier destination for all things geek culture is apparently going to undergo a bit of a change. NBC/Universal is looking to shift the channel from its nerdy roots to a more mature, GQ-inspired look.
- AAPL: Apple Stock's Marginal Loss Tests Nokia, Motorola, Samsung Phone Launches; Sept.12 Event Looks Promising With iPhone 5 Release
September 06 2012 3:20 AM
Apple (AAPL) stock closed Sept.5 at $670.23 losing 4.74 points ending 0.70% lower than the previous close. The marginal fall indicates that Apple is not heavily impacted by the new phone launches from competitors Nokia, Motorola and Samsung.
- Apple Vs Samsung Lawsuit: How Samsung's Strategy Influenced Its Current Position In South Korea
September 03 2012 4:41 AM
Samsung Electronics (005930) appears to be taking stock of things after the California jury ordered the South Korean giant to pay $1.05 billion in damages to Apple (AAPL) for violating patents pertaining to iPhone and iPad.
- Apple iPhone 5 Rumors: New Earphones Video Showcases Redesigned Accessory To Accompany iPhone 5
September 02 2012 8:15 AM
With just 10 days to go for the Apple September 12 event, a new video on Vietnamese portal Tinhte.vn showcases redesigned earphones that is likely to accompany the next-generation iPhone.
- iPhone 5 Rumored LTE Feature Could Have AT&T Costumers Switch To Verizon
September 01 2012 10:34 AM
As the iPhone 5 release date approaches, analysts speculated on rumors of LTE capability and if the alleged feature could have AT&T costumers switch to Verizon.
- Meet The Sphero, A Smartphone-Controlled Ball That Could Be The Future Of Toys
August 31 2012 12:52 PM
The Sphero is a new kind of toy that tries to blend virtual gaming with physical toys in what its creators call "mixed reality." But before it does that, co-creator Ian Bernstein wants users to become more friendly with their machines.