Tech & Trend
- Halo 4, Its Strategic Release On Election Day, And Its Significance For Microsoft Discussed In IBTTalks Roundtable
November 12 2012 4:25 PM
For our third-ever IBTTalks discussion on Nov. 7, IBTimes' technology team sat down to discuss Halo 4, the fourth major installment of the popular first-person shooter series, and a revival of Microsoft's most popular gaming franchise.
- BioWare Reveals More Details On New 'Mass Effect' Game
November 12 2012 3:29 PM
Fans shouldn't expect a 'Mass Effect 4' release anytime soon, but BioWare has updated players on the game's progress thus far.
- Blackberry 10 Release Date Set For January, New Features To Include New Camera, Web Browser And More
November 12 2012 12:11 PM
Research In Motion announced Monday that BlackBerry 10 will finally debut on Jan. 30, a year after the company's next-generation smartphones and software were slated to go on sale.
- iOS 6/6.0.1 Jailbreak: Sn0wbreeze Updated To v2.9.7 [Tutorial]
November 12 2012 5:16 AM
iOS jailbreak developer iH8Sn0w has announced that popular jailbreak tool Sn0wbreeze has been updated to version 2.9.7 that brings support for both iOS 6 and iOS 6.0.1 on Pre-A5 powered devices; i.e., the iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS and the 4th-gen iPod touch.
- Xbox 720 Or PlayStation 4 Likely To Be Released Next Year
November 12 2012 3:03 AM
If a recent comment of Activision’s CEO Bobby Kotick is to be believed, there could be only one new console to be released next year - Xbox 720 Or PlayStation 4.
- Xbox 360: USB Storage Capacity Doubled To 32GB
November 11 2012 11:29 PM
If you are one of those gamers who use a USB storage device on your Xbox 360 as a memory card, here’s some great news. You can now go for even larger and higher capacity devices as Microsoft has doubled the USB storage limit in the console in the latest Xbox 360 Dashboard update.
- Windows Phone 8 Commercials May Feature Jay-Z, Gwen Stefani
November 11 2012 6:47 PM
Microsoft may be about to try a hail mary marketing strategy soon, as A-list celebrities such as Jay-Z and Gwen Stefani star in commercials for the tech giant’s new Windows Phone 8.
- Microsoft To Release Critical Security Patches Nov.13
November 11 2012 7:21 AM
Microsoft is releasing a critical security patch for Windows 8 and security update for Windows RT on Tuesday, Nov.13 as part of its monthly Patch ritual.
- Apple iPad Mini Shipments To Start In 5 Days
November 10 2012 12:40 AM
For all those customers in the U.S., who have been impatiently waiting for the Wi-Fi + Cellular version of the all new 7.9-inch iPad mini, here is some good news straight from the horse’s mouth. Apple has confirmed via emails to its customers Friday that the Wi-Fi + Cellular variant of the mini tablet will be shipped to the customers who had pre-ordered it within the next five business days.
- Microsoft Office For IOS, Android Coming In Early 2013
November 09 2012 6:08 AM
Microsoft has remained mum over its plans for the Office application for iOS and Android despite the fact that the product has been widely rumored and was even recently spotted running on Apple's iPad.
- SEC Computers Vulnerable To Cyber Attacks
November 09 2012 4:49 AM
Securities and Exchange Commission staffers had failed to encrypt computers containing sensitive information from stock exchanges, sources familiar with the issue have stated, adding that they rendered the computers vulnerable to a host of cyber attacks.
- Samsung Galaxy S3 Becomes World’s Best-Selling Smartphone
November 09 2012 4:31 AM
Apple’s iPhone 4S is no longer the No. 1 smartphone in the world as Samsung’s Galaxy S3 has overtook the iPhone to become the world’s best-selling smartphone for the first time ever in the third quarter of 2012, said a latest research report from Strategy Analytics.
- After Yahoo, Consim Dates BVP To Sustain Leadership In Online Matrimony
November 08 2012 6:52 AM
Murugavel Janakiraman, chief executive officer of Consim Info Pvt Ltd., speaks up on the organization's growth plans and endeavors to sustain its leadership position in online matrimony following stake sale by Yahoo in 2011.
- 'Assassin's Creed 3' Cheats: How To Hack The Animus And Become Invincible [VIDEO]
November 07 2012 7:05 PM
Just a week after its release date, cheats for 'Assassin's Creed 3' have surfaced online. Check out the full list and video tutorial to find out how to become invincible, control the weather and more.
- Apple Vs Samsung Lawsuit Likely To Include Android 4.1 Jelly Bean Too
November 07 2012 8:20 AM
Apple's second patent lawsuit against Samsung targets eight devices including the Galaxy Nexus, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note and Galaxy S2, and a host of Samsung’s Galaxy Tab range. Reports streaming in indicate that the iPhone maker is now keen to add Google’s Jelly Bean 4.1 Android build as well.
- Halo 4: What To Expect From The Newest Iteration In The Franchise
November 05 2012 7:57 PM
The release date for "Halo 4" is quickly approaching, and here is a recap of what to expect from the story, which new enemies will appear in the game and more.
- New Skyrim DLC Officially Revealed, But PS3 Players Left Out
November 05 2012 12:36 PM
The release date and trailer for the next Skyrim DLC have been announced, but PS3 players are still left without any additional content.
- Is Apple Promoting Unlocked iPhone 5 Handsets?
November 05 2012 7:43 AM
Several websites including AppleInsider reported Nov.4 that search for factory unlocked iPhone 5 on Apple's official website revealed a list of unlocked units that are likely to hit stores later this year. But while a search for "iPhone 5 factory unlocked," reveals a host of devices on the right side navigation, nowhere is it mentioned in the listing that the device is unlocked.
- NBC Website Hacking Reverted After Quick Restoration
November 05 2012 5:01 AM
Several NBC websites including the mobile landing page, the Saturday Night Live site and NBC Sports Rotoworld page that were hacked into early Nov. 4, were quickly restored after the sudden hacking episode.
- Look Who's Wowed By Surface Tablet, Oprah Winfrey!
November 04 2012 4:10 AM
There's some good news for Microsoft as the recently launched Surface tablet has drawn a "Wowser," from the celebrity talk show czarina - Oprah Winfrey.