Tech & Trend
- Microsoft Veers Toward Hardware As It Gears To Launch Surface Tablet
October 25 2012 9:19 AM
With just a few hours away for the launch of Surface tablet, Microsoft's Chief Executive Officer Steve Ballmer has confirmed his desire to build more devices.
- Samsung Infringed Four Apple Patents, Rules ITC
October 25 2012 6:10 AM
Samsung Electronics faced its second big defeat in the U.S. as an International Trade Commission judge handed Apple Inc a preliminary victory in one of its patent battles as he ruled that the Korean company infringed four of Apple's patents.
- Hands-On Preview of 'Hitman: Absolution'
October 24 2012 3:12 PM
"Hitman: Absolution" is less than a month away from being released, and here's a look at what's to come in the stealth action franchise's next installment.
- Gartner Identifies Top 10 Technology Trends For 2013
October 24 2012 8:15 AM
As Gartner played host to 10,000 IT pro at the Gartner Symposium IT Expo in Orlando this week, a new list of top 10 strategic technology trends for 2013 emerged.
- iPad Mini Availability May Be Impacted By Supplier Issues
October 24 2012 5:31 AM
Just as Apple released the coveted iPad Mini, reports streaming in suggest that issues with one of the display manufacturers could put the tablet in short supply. The reports suggest that pre-orders may be affected in the holiday shopping season.
- Apple Reveals 2012 Mac Mini: Release Date Starts Today Following iPad Mini Announcement Event
October 23 2012 2:53 PM
Mac mini with OS X Server features a quad-core processor, ultrafast Thunderbolt technology, and now twice the storage capacity.
- Apple Reveals 2012 Mac Mini: New Features,Tech Specs Include Up To 16GB Of RAM, 500GB Hard Drive And More
October 23 2012 2:03 PM
At an event today in San Jose, Apple said the revamped Mac Mini will have three USB 3 ports, dual or quad-intel Core i5 or i7 Ivy Bridge, with Intel HD Graphics 4000, and up to 16GB of RAM. It starts at $599 for a 2.5GHz computer with 4GB of RAM and a 500GB hard drive.
- Apple Samsung Supplier Partnership For LCD Screens Intact
October 23 2012 8:16 AM
Samsung Tuesday refuted reports that claimed the company would cease to produce LCD screens for Apple products starting 2013.
- Apple Decorates The California Theatre For iPad Mini Event
October 22 2012 8:57 AM
Buzz has it that Apple (AAPL) is busy decorating the California Theatre in San Jose, Calif., for the highly anticipated iPad mini event tomorrow that is likely to commence at 10:00 a.m. Pacific/ 1:00 p.m. Eastern Time.
- iPad Mini: Build Cost Estimated To Start At $195
October 22 2012 6:05 AM
With just a day to go Apple Oct.23 event, rumor mills are agog that iPad mini component and manufacturing cost is likely to come up anywhere between $195 and $254 for various models.
- Microsoft XBox Dashboard Update Unfriends Facebook, Twitter Apps
October 21 2012 8:30 AM
Microsoft has removed Facebook and Twitter apps from Xbox 360 as part of its mandatory dashboard upgrade ahead of global roll out Oct.23.
- iPad To Receive Minor Refresh At Apple iPad Mini Oct.23 Event
October 21 2012 6:37 AM
The highly-anticipated Apple iPad Mini Oct.23 event is also likely to introduce minor refresh to the traditional 9.7-inch iPad including integration with Apple's Lightning connector.
- Are MPAA, RIAA Lying About Piracy Losses?
October 20 2012 3:54 PM
The MPAA and RIAA have employed controversial tactics and numbers to stop illegal file sharing, which audiences now seem to accept as a way of consuming content.
- Latest 'Assassin's Creed 3' Trailer Sheds Light On Desmond
October 19 2012 9:45 PM
As hype builds for the highly anticipated release of “Assassin’s Creed III,” more information on the game is emerging every day. And the latest piece of marketing is a trailer focusing not on the series' assassins but on its often-unseen protagonist Desmond Miles.
- 'Mass Effect 4' Will Not Feature Commander Shepard Says BioWare Producer
October 19 2012 10:54 AM
'Mass Effect 4' has been confirmed for about a month now, but a BioWare producer has just revealed that Commander Shepard will not be making a comeback.
- IT Supply Chain Security At Risk: Report
October 19 2012 5:28 AM
According to a new Gartner report, enterprise IT supply chains will be targeted and compromised in near future, forcing changes in the structure of the IT marketplace and how IT will be managed moving forward. The report said that by 2017, IT supply chain integrity would be identified as one of the top three security-related concerns by Global 2000 IT leaders.
- Asia Pacific PC Market Shrinks 5% In 2012 Q3
October 19 2012 12:52 AM
Despite a sequential growth of 4 percent, the Asia Pacific (excluding Japan) PC market shrank 5 percent annually last quarter (2012 Q3) to 31.4 million units, falling short on IDC's initial forecasts, according to a latest International Data Corp report.
- Yelp Moves To Shame Fake Reviewers
October 18 2012 3:31 PM
Yelp will begin posting warning messages on the Yelp pages of businesses caught offering money for false reviews
- Microsoft Surface Preorders Sell Out On First Day
October 18 2012 5:49 AM
It appears that silver lining for Microsoft Surface is growing bigger by the day as at the end of the first day of the pre-orders the $499 model is showing that shipments are being pushed back within three weeks.
- How To Jailbreak iOS 5.1.1 On Pre-A5 Devices Utilizing Backup And Restore
October 18 2012 1:09 AM
The new Redsn0w version includes another feature that has been added to the new Redsn0w, which makes it possible to perform an untethered jailbreak on iOS 5.1.1 running on pre-A5 devices in A5 Non DFU Style.