Tech & Trend
- Google Fires Back At Apple And iPad Mini With Mysterious Oct. 29 NYC Event
October 17 2012 10:21 PM
Coming hot on the heels of Apple’s October 23 iPad Mini event and the release of Windows 8, Google has scheduled its own mysterious announcement event on October 29.
- HTC J Butterfly Announced With 5-Inch 1080p Display
October 17 2012 6:20 AM
HTC J Butterfly, which is expected to be released in December on AU/KDDI, is claimed to be the first announced phone that feature a 5-inch, 440ppi full-HD "Super LCD 3" panel. The display comes with a resolution of 1920 x 1080 that gives it a pixel density of 440 ppi.
- Microsoft Surface Available For Pre-Order, To Be Shipped By Oct. 26
October 17 2012 2:47 AM
Microsoft announced that a special limited-quantity pre-order for Surface with Windows RT had been made available at 9 a.m. PDT on Tuesday. The announcement about pre-orders came after the company revealed the price and market availability details both of its ARM-based Surface RT tablets.
- Google Play Store Gets Built-In Malware Scanner
October 16 2012 8:09 AM
Android-based devices that are subject to growing number of malware attacks are now getting an Android malware scanner thanks to Google Play.
- How To Downgrade Pre-A5 Devices Using Redsn0w
October 16 2012 6:39 AM
One of the exciting features of the updated Redsn0w is the new direct restore option for pre-A5 devices that lets you downgrade the device from iOS 6 to any iOS 5.x firmware without dealing with host files, stitching, Pwned DFU, iTunes or any other complications that made the downgrading process difficult in the past.
- Apple iPad Mini Prices, Configurations Leaked
October 16 2012 5:16 AM
According to multiple recent reports, Apple’s long-rumored iPad mini is likely to be unveiled on Oct. 23. There have also been reports speculating on what the smaller iPad could possibly feature. But the one thing that still remains a mystery is the price of the device.
- Microsoft's Windows 8 Update Has Improved Malware Shield
October 15 2012 8:23 PM
The malware protections on Windows 8 has been improved.
- Windows 8 Ad Features Death Metal, Explosions And Parkour [VIDEO]
October 15 2012 12:03 PM
The new advertisement for Window 8 shows a new side of Microsoft, featuring hard rock, action sports and more.
- Halloween Apps For Parents Help Keep Kids Safe
October 15 2012 10:50 AM
Keep your kids safe on Halloween with apps like SecuraFone.
- Amazon Eyeing Mobile Chip Arm Of Texas Instruments
October 15 2012 9:39 AM
In a bid to boost its smartphone ambitions, Amazon.com Inc (AMZN) is holding advanced talks to acquire the supplier of chips for its Kindle tablet, Israeli financial newspaper Calcalist reported Monday.
- iPhone Dev-Team Releases Major Update To Redsn0w
October 15 2012 6:54 AM
The iPhone-Dev Team released a new version (v0.9.15b1) of the popular Redsn0w jailbreak tool Sunday and announced that it would have new features supporting restoring to older firmware, no longer being signed by Apple.
- Jailbreak iOS 6 On A4 Devices Using Updated Redsn0w
October 15 2012 5:17 AM
The iPhone Dev-Team announced Sunday that its popular jailbreaking tool Redsn0w received a major update with significant new features including full support for the final public release of iOS 6 on select devices with integrated Cydia.
- AMD Plans To Trim Workforce Amid Warnings Of Lower Quarterly Revenue
October 14 2012 7:44 AM
Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) is likely to cut up to 20 percent of its workforce of nearly 12,000 following a warning that quarterly revenue of the chipmaker is likely to fall lower, owing to a weak global economy.
- Asus Vivo Tab RT Pre-Sales Begin At $599.99
October 14 2012 5:33 AM
The Asus Vivo Tab RT is available on pre-order for $599.99 with online retailers including Staples, Newegg, TigerDirect and FutureShop.
- Netflix Releases Dedicated App For Windows 8
October 13 2012 6:25 PM
While Microsoft has not yet released its latest operating system Windows 8, the company has already added a high-profile application for the new OS to its Windows Store: Digital streaming service Netflix released an app on Saturday.
- Apple iPhone 5 And Enterprise Adoption
October 13 2012 7:02 AM
Multiple new technology choices available for businesses make it quite a task to differentiate between the hype and what is actually available. But it is important to recognize the value that can exist within hype, and this is the case when it comes to enterprise adoption of Apple’s new iPhone 5, one of the much-hyped devices of 2012.
- Microsoft Windows 8 OS Release Set For Oct 26
October 12 2012 7:42 PM
The Microsoft Corp. (Nasdaq: MSFT) Windows 8 operating system is being released on Oct. 26, but an upgrade can be bought early for $70.
- Reddit Founder's 'Internet 2012' Bus Tour Highlights Internet Freedom
October 12 2012 2:54 PM
Over the past year, the social media site Reddit has taken on an increasingly important role in the political sphere.
- Find Hebrews in Real Time
October 12 2012 10:03 AM
Yenta is a streamlined mobile dating app that allows users to meet Jewish people around them
- Google Vs Apple Maps: App Powered By Google Maps Removed From Store
October 12 2012 8:10 AM
ClassicMap, a third party mapping app that bore a close resemblance to Apple's defunct Google Maps-powered app was pulled from iOS App Store Thursday, after being hosted for just two days on App Store.