The battle is over for Jenelle Evans and Nathan Griffith. The “Teen Mom 2” star’s custody arrangement for 23-month-old Kaiser has been settled, well...almost.
Jenelle and Nathan have ended their two-month legal battle over son Kaiser with Jenelle, 24, getting primary custody, Radar Online reports. Nathan and his former fiancée are said to have come to “joint custody” agreement giving him rights to see his son every other weekend. Jenelle’s attorney, Dustin Sullivan, confirmed the arrangement, which was achieved through mediation, telling the publication “both parties have signed the agreement.” A judge has yet to sign off on the arrangement.
Jenelle and Nathan’s battle over Kaiser has been discussed on recent episodes of MTV’s “Teen Mom 2.” In Season 7, episode 8, Jenelle told a pal she wouldn’t stop Nathan from spending time with Kaiser but said that if he decided to fight her for custody she would make it “the toughest battle.” During the very same installment, Nathan was shown meeting with an attorney who advised him how to go about getting temporary custody.
Despite Jenelle’s big victory in her custody battle over Kaiser, it appears her mother, Barbara Evans, still has rights to her 6-year-old son Jace, whom she welcomed with ex-boyfriend Andrew Lewis. Jenelle signed over rights to Jace in 2010 and she’s been fighting for custody for several months. Jenelle last updated fans on the situation in March, saying she had a court hearing planned for May 3 and was planning to seek full custody, but has not shared more information since then.
“I see Jace every weekend. There’s no reason why I shouldn’t have him full-time,” Jenelle told Us Weekly. “My mom hasn’t budged at all, so I’m just going to have to let the judge decide.”
Will Jenelle get custody of Jace? Will a judge sign off on Jenelle and Nathan’s agreement? Tune in to “Teen Mom 2” on MTV Mondays at 10 p.m. EDT to follow their journey.