You better be ready for the full moon. “Teen Wolf” Season 7 premieres on Monday, and it looks like the MTV drama will be scarier than ever. With creepy new villains and mysterious characters, it appears Scott’s (Tyler Posey) senior year will be his toughest yet.
1. The Dread Doctors – “This season is really about dread. The dread of the villains. The dread of the unknown,” executive producer Russell Mulcahy revealed at ATX Festival. Scott will face new villains called the Dread Doctors, and they’ll be around for quite some time. Posey even revealed that they’ll still be around next season.
2. Scott And Kira – This sweet couple might be headed for rocky times. In a sneak-peek video, Stiles (Dylan O'Brien) suggest that Kira (Arden Cho) and Scott might not have been exclusive over the summer.
3. Lydia Is In Trouble – The first five minutes of the premiere episode reveal that Lydia (Holland Roden) is in Eichen House. While her banshee powers have developed, it looks like she’ll have trouble escaping.
4. Flashback—It turns out that Lydia won’t be in Eichen House for all of “Teen Wolf” Season 5, but that’s because the first half of the season will be a look back. “It’s something we will come back to in Season 5B, the second half of the season,” showrunner Jeff Davis told TV Line. “All of 5A is a flashback.”
5. Aiden Will Likely Return – Aiden’s (Max Carver) appearance in the premiere won’t be a one-time deal if Davis can help it. He’d like Aiden to stick around. “I spoke to Holland [Roden] and was like, ‘You have to help me get him back for this,’ and she said, ‘Yeah, absolutely.’ So we’re hopefully going to get to use him more, assuming [contracts and schedules] work out,” Davis teased.
6. No Derek – It was announced earlier this year that Tyler Hoechlin will not return as a series regular. While Derek won’t be guiding Scott anymore, his girlfriend Braden (Meagan Tandy) will still be around. “Hoechlin’s absence really didn’t affect her, actually, but it was so fun to have her back kicking a--,” Davis revealed.
7. Death – Don’t get too attached to anyone. It sounds like everyone will be in danger this year. “I can say there's plenty of death in 'Teen Wolf' — plenty of bodies drop this season in horrifying ways,” Davis told the Hollywood Reporter.
8. Scott And Stiles – The boys will have plenty of trouble this year as their relationship is tested. “One of things we really wanted to do this season was really stretch their relationship, and we kind of consider it a kind of romance — a bromance,” Davis explained. “In all good romances, you have to have them break up at some point, so there may be the possibility of a breakup between Stiles and Scott.”
9. Senior Year – Sometime in between fighting evil, dating and breaking out of mental institutions, Scott’s pack has to go to high school. It’s senior year, which brings on new drama for the teenagers. Stiles will have trouble dealing with the thought of separation, according to the synopsis.
10. New Characters –Theo (Cody Christian) is a new werewolf who will ask to join Scott’s pack, and Liam’s old nemesis, Hayden (Victoria Moroles), will transfer to Beacon Hills High. There will also be a new gay couple on the show, Corey and Lucas.
11. Two-Night Premiere – Remember, the fun isn’t over after Monday night's episode ends. The “Teen Wolf” premiere will continue on Tuesday at 9 p.m. EDT before the series premiere of “Scream.”
“Teen Wolf” Season 5 premieres Monday at 10 p.m. EDT on MTV. The second part of the premiere will air Tuesday at 9 p.m. EDT on MTV. Which part of the premiere are you most excited for? Sound off in the comments section below!