India is one of the advantageous places in the world to host adventure activities, whether it is a safari in a nature reserve, a camel ride through the desert or a trek through the mountains.
India has many adventure destinations that attract many adventure enthusiasts to India. Adventure sports like trekking, mountaineering, rafting and rock climbing; and water sports like snorkeling, kayaking and scuba diving are done in many places in India.
10 best adventure places:
1. Darjeeling is located in northern part of west Bengal at an altitude of 7000ft. The Museum of Natural History is another tourist attraction in Darjeeling, has a fine collection of Himalayan animals, reptiles, birds and insects. Other few places, worth a visit are the, Bhutia Bustee Monastery, Dhirdam temple, Ava Art gallery and Aloobaari Monastery.
2. Gulmarg- the meadow of flowers is situated in the great Himalayas. Gulmarg also offers some excellent opportunities for long walks. The beauty of the Kashmir valley will not fail to mesmerize you. You may explore the Nanga Parbat and the Haramukh.
3. Situated in the foothills of Himalayas, Jim Corbett National Park is the place for adventure sports such as jungle safaris, wildlife camps and jungle camps.
4. Manali draws a good number of tourists due to number of temple, monasteries, passes, waterfalls, landscapes etc. It is also an ideal place for the adventure sports like the skiing, hiking and trekking.
5. The Zanskar valley is situated across the Suru Valley and over the Pensi La in the Ladakh region of Jammu and Kashmir. Trekking is possible to Panikhar or Rangdum over the Pentse La, into the Zanskar Valley from Lamayuru, Leh or Darcha, from Padum to the Markha valley.
6. Dodital dwells in the Uttarkashi District of the Garhwal. It offers excellent opportunities for the other popular adventure sport of trekking. Dodi Lake is renowned for trout and Mahseer fishing.
7. Leh is indeed a trekker's paradise in North India. Polo is a popular activity in Leh. Leh-Manali highway rewards spectacular and picturesque landscapes. You may try river rafting in the Zanskar River at Leh.
8. The adventure destination of Rishikesh is located in the northern part of the state of Uttaranchal. The rapids and rivers of Rishikesh are excellent spots for the adventure lovers. Rishikesh also acts at a base for trekking camps.
9. Auli lies towards the north of the state of Uttaranchal and forms a part of the Garhwal mountain range. Auli is one of the very few places in India where skiing is a major pastime.
10. Billing in Himachal Pradesh is located at 8,500 feet in the Kangra valley. Para Sailing has been a regular sport at Billing in the Kangra valley.