“Buckwild” star Shain Gandee, of West Virginia, was found dead in his Ford Bronco along with two bodies after he and his uncle were reported missing to authorities on Monday, multiple reports say.
One of the bodies has been identified as Shain’s uncle David Gandee, 48, TMZ reports. The site also states that Shain likely died from carbon monoxide poisoning, though authorities have yet to confirm the report. The second body was identified late Monday as Donald Robert Myers, 27, another area resident.
Kanawha County Commission Cpl. B.D. Humpreys said the Ford muffler was below the surface and mud covered the passenger side, but authorities refuse to speculate on what happened. No foul play is expected.
MTV has suspended production of season two of reality show “Buckwild,” a day after cast member Gandee was found dead.
"We are shocked and saddened by the terrible news about Shain Gandee and those involved in this tragic incident," MTV said in a statement Monday. "We are waiting for more information, but, at this time, our main concern is for the Gandee family and their friends. Our thoughts and prayers are with them. Shain had a magnetic personality, with a passion for life that touched everyone he met and we will miss him dearly."
MTV had announced in February that “Buckwild” will be picked up for a second season.
“Buckwild” co-stars took to Twitter to express their grief. Katie Sarria tweeted, "Everything doesn't happen for a reason I don't know why people say that... Thanks everyone for your condolences. We appreciate it."
Shae Bradley wrote, "Breathe in. Breathe out. Repeat. Just going through the motions. Please pray for Shains close friends and family."
Cara Parrish said, "This is the emptiest I've ever felt."