It looks like Tinder and Spotify are hooking up now.
The online dating service announced Tuesday a partnership with music streaming site Spotify that will enable a brand new feature for those looking for a romantic match. According to a statement from Spotify, users can now broadcast an “Anthem” on their profiles. Taking Tinder's swiping feature a step further, the Anthem will refer users who share similar musical interests. Tinder would pull “liked” brands and musical artists from Facebook pages, akin to the site's “common” or “shared interests” recommendations.
Not only will Anthem let users see exactly who shares their similar tastes in music, it will allow users to play previews or potential matches’ top songs directly from their profiles. And now, if Spotify is connected to the profiles, other users can see other liked or common artists.
Starting Tuesday, Anthem will be available to all Tinder users, regardless of whether they have existing Spotify accounts.
Tinder is also launching Tinder Music, which gives users set music themes that help them create their favorite playlists. According to TechCrunch, the themes include “Discovery,” “Match,” Pre-Swipe,” “Date Night,” and the saccharine “Love at First Swipe.”
“Music is an important part of making new connections and getting to know existing ones,” Sean Rad, Tinder CEO told TechCrunch Tuesday. “Just like you go to the bar that plays your favorite music, you’re likely attracted to the people at the bar who enjoy the same music.”
No doubt, the new music feature will sound great when it’s streamed through the new Apple iPhone 7’s wireless AirPods headphones.
So how should one use “Anthem” and ensure that they are going to select the perfect first-impression-song? According to an assortment of some of the most-followed Spotify playlists, here are some playlists to consult by “Genre.”
- Latino: “Balia Reggaeton” (currently 2,937,931 followers)
- Mood: “Acoustic Covers” (currently 1,654,161 followers)
- Pop: “Teen Party” (currently 2,263,633 followers)
- Chill: “Afternoon Acoustic” (currently 2,369,990 followers)
- Hip Hop: “Get Turnt” (currently 1,555,788 followers)
- Country: “Hot Country” (Currently 2,984,938 followers)
- Rock: “Rock This” (currently 1,997,948 followers)
- EDM/Dance: “ElctroNOW” (currently 3,146,877 followers)
- RnB: “Are & Be” (currently 2,262342 followers)