Decks and patios are great outdoor spaces that many homeowners find very useful. They can be used in hosting parties, as play area or relaxation spot. So you can enjoy longer years to do various activities in your deck or patio, proper care and maintenance have to be pursued for this additional living area. You can keep its most pristine condition via very simple steps.
Here are some things you can do to keep your patio or deck looking its best:
- Cleaning is the simplest and cheapest trick you can do. Your tasks would include sweeping and dusting the whole area. Use a homemade solution consisting equal parts of water and plain white vinegar to be sprayed in glass surfaces. Wipe the glass using a soft smooth cloth.
- Floors in outdoor spaces need special attention. Use cleaning supplies that are appropriate for the type of flooring material your patio or deck has. Replace loose panels or broken tiles. Common floor care techniques include staining, repainting and varnishing. You can also apply a coat of waterproof sealant.
- Patio furniture pieces and fixtures should also be given proper care. Each piece should have its own protective covering. Polishing or dusting these items should be done as frequent as you would do the cleaning of the whole area.
- If you have a fireplace, fire pit and/or grill outdoors, they should be spic and span even when they are not used daily. If you have a brick fireplace, regularly check the condition of the mortar. Do not leave ashes and soot piling up. Buy heavy-duty waterproof cover for the grill and fire pit. Proper storage for the grill and pit is necessary as well. Keep them in a place where even the harshest winds could not knock them over.
- Direct exposure to sunlight or rain can cause materials to have faded colors. Thus, a durable shade can give your patio or deck and items in it further protection. You can either purchase or build a canopy. However if you choose the latter option, you should have basic carpentry skills. Otherwise, seek assistance from a professional canopy builder and installer.
- Augment your artificial shade by having more trees and tall shrubs. These may also enhance the appeal and privacy of your backyard, and the air circulation in and out of your home. You can find grown trees from online and local gardens and nurseries.
- Give your outdoor living area an updated look every now and then. Simple modifications would include new upholstery for couches, pillows and rugs. You can also add shelves or racks for books, magazines or photo albums. Hang tiki lamps or string lights. Include any item you want as long as it matches your home style.
Any outdoor space is vulnerable to being damaged easily because of its exposure to uncontrollable environmental changes and unpredictable weather. But you can actually address this problem by implementing routine maintenance. Do the tasks as frequently as possible so you can maximize using your patio or deck. In making the schedule, take into account your own personal schedule. It is important that you are hands-on throughout the maintenance process.
Author Resource:-> The Real estate market can be an enjoyable, satisfying and lucrative experience for you. Whether you are a homeowner, a buyer, a landlord or simply a real estate enthusiast, get to know more about the latest in the real estate market now. Read more about it here: Phoenix Gated Homes, Phoenix Homes with Pools and Phoenix, AZ Horse Property.
Article From Real Estate Pro Articles