October is here, and Halloween is near. Pumpkins are about, a chill is in the air, and the colors of black and orange mingle on store shelves with piles of assorted, small candies -- meaning it's time for Halloween Costumes 2011.
Here are 10 top Halloween costumes for this year, in case you want to know, from both leading industry sources and insight:
1) Zombie. The Zombie is hot -- it's the new vampire, said one industry leader. And you just thought vampires never got old. But in part because of the AMC hit television show The Walking Dead, the Zombie is hot this year.
2) Captain America. For children, the big screen hero is a popular winner this year. He's the captain and he's America, after all. What more do we need to say?
3) Don Draper. The Mad Men lead character Don Draper requires only an old vintage 1960s New York-suitable suit, a fedora, and a sly grin. You can avoid the cigarettes, as even Don is starting to cough too much, and perhaps try not to drink as much as the Mad Men character does, but you'll be a hit with the ladies, for sure.
Continue Reading Below
4) Charlie Sheen. Speaking of Mad Men, how about dressing up like Charlie Sheen? You will need the cigarette -- sorry. But if you don't have to act to be a freak and you have drug and cigarette addictions you would like to take to the party, then Charlie Sheen is just the costume for you.
5) Frankie Stein. Monster High is hot, and we need to soften things up after Charlie Sheen. So here's one for a young lady -- Frankie Stein, the goth-girl daughter of Frankenstein from Mattel's fictional universe Monster High.
6) Thor. Yet another from the big screen, as The Mighty Thor, the powerful but arrogant warrior, is everywhere in costume stores this year.
7) Arnold Schwarzenegger. The former California governor and muscle-man did it up with the family maid and had a baby that didn't belong to Maria. If that's not scary, then what is? Thus, Arnold will be hot this Halloween. Not even a witch can inflict that pain that Arnold can.
8) Anthony Weiner. He's got a funny name, and he was involved in an embarrassing sex scandal. The former House member who had to quit because he Tweeted photos of something that matches with his last name is hot this Halloween.
9) Ron Paul. He hates the Fed, his droopy cheeks result in a constant frown, and he's a Republican presidential candidate for the United States that Jon Stewart of The Daily Show loves. If that's not both funny and scary, then nothing is. Ron Paul for President, and Halloween. You heard it here first.
10) Amy Winehouse. There's nothing funny about the fact that Amy Winehouse died. But she was one heck of a singer -- among the best in recent decades, with that sultry style and velvet voice. What better way to honor her legacy than Amy Winehouse lives, on Halloween 2011. Talk about rehab, and maybe Blake, get a good wig, a nice short skirt, and bring Amy back to life -- in a fun, respectable way.