The year 2011 was not kind to the movie industry, according to sales figures. It may be fitting then, to take a look back at the top 10 worst movies of 2011, according to the opinion of BBC film critic Mark Kermode.
10. The Lion King in 3D. Did it need to be in 3D? No.
9. The Human Centipede 2 (Full Sequence) It...looked pretty repulsive to me.
8. I Spit on Your Grave and Straw Dogs. Remakes of very controversial originals and both, in my opinion, utterly without merit.
7. Sucker Punch. There isn't [much depth].
6. Love's Kitchen. It took so little money [to make].
5. The Dilemma. Having seen The Dilemma once, I never want to have to watch it again to figure out exactly what it was that I hated so much the first time.
4. The Hangover Part II. Rancid, stupid, God-awful affair which just repeats all the original gags.
3. Transformers: Dark of the Moon. Utterly unwanted part in the Transformers series.
2. Film Socialisme. Subtitled in Navajo English; one word in four...made [no] sense.
1. New Year's Eve. [It is] so putrid, it makes someone who loves cinema think, 'you know what? I'm going to read more books next year.'
(Video below from Kermode's YouTube channel)
Think Kermode's worst movies of 2011 list missed something? (Like Jack & Jill, Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn and Conan the Barbarian?)
Leave your thoughts in the comment section below.