1. OTTERBOX - Top 5 iPad Cases 2011Otterbox makes the best protective cases for iPad and its Defender Series and Reflex Series cases are known for their ruggedness. It means these cases can protect your iPad from the occasional bumps, drops, and/or scratches. The cutting-edge Defender case incorporates the following features: - Three layers of hardcore protection - Removable back polycarbonate cover that can be snapped over the face for ultimate touch screen protection - Built-in stand that comes in handy while trying to watch a movie or video, or browse the Web - Silicone grip pads on the bottom that will hold your device securely in place. The Reflex Series cases may not look as rugged as the Defender Series but there's a good reason for that - it offers the perfect balance of protection and contemporary styling. The Reflex Series cases offers front and back device coverage in a sleek package, preventing scratches and keeping your new toy shiny and clean and safe from drops or bumps. The Reflex Series boasts of the following features: - A touch screen shield that doubles as a viewing/typing stand - Access to all buttons and controls (including the camera lens), plus the simple design makes docking your iPad 2 easy and fast - The unique audio pathway redirects sound toward you for excellent listening pleasure! The Defender Series cases are priced at $79.95 while Reflex Series cases are priced at $69.95. Otterbox is currently giving a time limited (till Jan. 3, 2012) special offer of buy one, get one 50% off.
2. HornetTek - Top 5 iPad Cases 2011HornetTek is a leading name among providers of computer and mobile device accessories. The company makes iPad cases, which boast of state-of-the-art seamless design. And, if you're the owner of the iPad 2, Hornettek's two Flipit Cases product lines (SLEEK and SMART) need a dekko. The Flipit cases are a combination of high grade lightweight materials and smart design, creating a versatile and stylish iPad 2 protection case. The Flipit SLEEK case flaunts fashion elements by adding a unique metallic hairline finishing on the cover while the inner flap holds the device in a secured position without any screen obstruction. The Flipit SMART case offers a beautiful balance between design and durability. Its crafted sleek hard shell back cover can protect the rear of your iPad 2 against any knocks and scratches. However, at the same time, it is slim and lightweight, which means your iPad still looks and feels like an iPad but with an extra protection. Both SLEEK and SMART cases are lined with an ultra-soft microfiber interior (which keep your iPad screen clean) with detailed colored stitching for luxurious protection. The unique NANO coating technology leaves no fingerprints, dusts, and marks on the cases. Like other high-end iPad cases made by other leading brands, Flipit cases boast of magnetic covers that automatically make the iPad enter sleep mode or wake up. The Flipit cases also boast of cut-out openings for the headphone jack, docking port, volume controls, and the on/off switch so that you can easily access all the external features of your device. What's more, these cases can fold in just the right places to double up as a stand and hold the iPad at an ideal angle for watching videos or typing on the onscreen keyboard. In conclusion, it’s everything and more than anyone desires in the latest generation iPad 2 case. However, unlike most top-end iPad cases, Flipit SMART and SLEEK won’t cost you a fortune. They can be yours for only $54.99 (Flipit SMART) or $59.99 (Flipit SLEEK).
3. Noreve - Top 5 iPad Cases 2011Noreve was set up in St. Tropez, France, with a simple, yet purposeful mission: "Our goal is to protect your hi-tech and mobile devices with elegance and style." Driven by its passion for excellence and creativity since 2004, the company has come a long way in becoming the haute couture for mobile devices. No wonder, Noreve was ranked No.28 in a list of the 72 most promising companies in France, by the magazine L'Entreprise, L'Express and Ernst & Young (September 2011 issue). Noreve offers a broad range of iPad cases, each of which reflect the company's obsession for quality and design. Always attuned to the needs of their demanding customers, Noreve makes cases that boast of a perfect balance of form, function and fashion. And, if you purchased or received an iPad 2 as a gift this Christmas and are now shopping around to find a cover/case that will not only protect your new toy but is also something you'll be able to flaunt around as a fashion accessory, then do consider the Tradition B leather case from Noreve. The Tradition B leather case boasts of top quality handcrafted leather and though well padded (to protect the iPad from accidental bumps), it is slim and lightweight and you'll be excused for thinking that you're holding just the iPad. Other features of the Tradition B leather case are as follows: - Easy-to-close case without non-magnetic closure nor snap closure - Access to basic functions (multiple openings on the leather) - Automatic stand-by magnet in the flap - Folds horizontally to hold iPad - Beautiful interior lining embossed with the Noreve logo Interested? The Tradition B leather case is available in 22 colors and different types of leather and - here's the icing on the cake - the customer can personalize his case too as the handmade case is made on demand. Tradition B leather case can be yours for only EUR72 (French taxes included) or, if you're a non-EU customer, for only $92 (excluding tax). Shipping is within 24 hours, if in stock, or maximum 15 business days. Noreve ships worldwide. Click here to buy one today. And, in case, you're feeling lucky, also try out the Big Contest Noreve is organizing. Who knows, you might win one of 5 Apple iPad 2's with Noreve! To know more about Noreve, you can also visit their Facebook page.
4. DODOcase - Top 5 iPad Cases 2011San Francisco-based DODOcase is well-known for making handcrafted iPad cases that are stylish as well as functional. The strongest point of DODOcases is that they are designed and handcrafted by San Francisco best artisans. The cases are made from black Moroccan cloth and constructed using traditional bookbinding techniques. DODOcases are unique because the color options are available only for the interior of the case - the exterior is always black. Some striking features of DODOcase: - It is made of eco-friendly bamboo - The multifunctional design allows you to use the case as a stand for typing or watching video - Its magnetic insert activates the iPad's auto wake/sleep feature to wake and sleep your iPad instantly. - DODOcase can be personalized with the company's monogramming service. - DODOcase exterior gives your iPad the look and feel of a hard-bound book. Not only does this provide superior protection, it disguises your iPad to look like an ordinary book, preventing theft. The DODOcase, which recently was voted the best iPad case of 2011 by TUAW readers, is priced $60 onwards and can be purchased here.
5. Belkin - Top 5 iPad Cases 2011California-based Belkin is a reputed manufacturer of mobile computing accessories. Belkin iPad cases comes in various designs, styles and colors and they are all durable and yet, slim and lightweight, so that they can shield your device against the accidental drops and dumps without adding bulk. The best thing about Belkin cases? They're highly affordable - Belkin cases carry a price tag $24.99 upwards. Own an iPad 2? click here to buy your Belkin case today.
There are rumors that the next generation iPad, Apple's best selling tablet, will be launched sometime in the first quarter of 2012. The new model of iPad is expected to boast of a more powerful processor, a better display (Retina Display), better cameras and Siri, the intelligent, personal voice assistant that has made iPhone 4S a huge hit.
Will the new iPad launch as rumored? We don't know and, Apple, known for its corporate secrecy, hasn't made any official announcement, but, if you're one of those who can't wait for the new iPad to be released and have already bought the iPad 2 this Christmas, we have listed top 5 iPad cases (brands) you should seriously consider, if you haven't bought one already, to protect your new toy from the occasional knocks and drops.
Start the slideshow to begin.