- I Had One Bad Day: One Man's Memories Of The World Trade Center Towers Coming Down On Top Of Him
September 12 2012 12:02 PM
William Wright, now 46, recalls the day eleven years ago when the World Trade Center collapsed on top of him and five of his co-workers.
- A Decade Later, Airlines Could Lose Billions In 9/11 Lawsuit
September 11 2012 5:49 PM
Damages in a lawsuit filed against American Airlines (PINK:AAMRQ), United Airlines (NYSE:UAL) and other companies in connection to the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks could total upward of $2.8 billion.
- Apple iOS 6 Release Date May Be Revealed Tomorrow: 6 Features To Look Forward To
September 11 2012 4:25 PM
Apple big announcement, where the company is expected to reveal the iPhone 5 and some other surprises, is finally coming on Wednesday. Alongside the announcement of its next-generation smartphone, a possible iPad Mini and a refreshed line of iPod devices, Apple could unveil the release date for iOS 6, its updated operating system.
- Apple iPhone 5 Features: Will iPhone 5 Sport Fingerprint Security? Does Apple's Acquisition Of AuthenTec Signal A Biometrically Evolved Device?
September 10 2012 4:55 AM
With just two days to go for Apple's (AAPL) Sept. 12 event, rumor mills are working overtime as speculations of Apple's much-awaited next generation iPhone sporting fingerprint security feature make the rounds.
- American Airlines Pilot Contracts Can Be Abandoned, Judge Says
September 05 2012 10:46 AM
AMR Corporation's (PINK: AAMRQ) American Airlines took a major step toward emerging from bankruptcy after a federal judge tossed out its pilots' union contract, ending a dispute with the only union it had failed to reach a deal with on concessions.
- How Much Is A Combination Of US Airways And American Airlines Worth?
August 31 2012 2:00 PM
American Airlines could go from being bankrupt to being part of the world's largest airline if a merger with US Airways, the fifth-largest domestic airline, goes through.
- AMR, US Airways Say They Are Evaluating A Potential Merger
August 31 2012 1:45 PM
American Airlines parent AMR Corp (AAMRQ.PK) and US Airways Group Inc (LCC.N) have signed a non-disclosure agreement as they evaluate a potential merger that would create an airline that rivals leader United Continental Holdings Inc (UAL.N) in scope.
- Bankrupt American Airlines Seeks OK For Big Lawyer Fees As It Seeks More Worker Pay Cuts
August 30 2012 11:46 AM
American Airlines' bankrupt parent AMR Corporation (PINK:AAMRQ), which is arguing in federal court it needs hundreds of millions of dollars in contract concessions from its employees in order to survive as a going concern, is planning to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars to entice a small group of hedge funds to invest in the company.
- Want To Use Smartphones And Tablets In Flight? The FAA Is Looking Into It
August 28 2012 11:27 AM
Why do airlines make you turn off your "portable electronic devices" before takeoff and landing? It's a question many have asked over the years, and, while the rule is clear, the answer is decidedly foggy.
- Tropical Storm Isaac’s Path Across Southern Florida Cancels 1,000 Flights, Keeps Cruise Ships At Sea
August 27 2012 10:56 AM
Tropical Storm Isaac’s path across Southern Florida and into the Gulf of Mexico has wreaked havoc in the skies, forcing more than 1,000 cancellations and counting.
- Tropical Storm Isaac’s Path Across The Caribbean Cancels Flights, Alters Cruise Itineraries
August 23 2012 2:18 PM
Tropical Storm Isaac, the ninth named storm of the 2012 Atlantic hurricane season, sped past the Leeward Islands Thursday on a path across the Caribbean toward the Florida coast.
- Tropical Storm Isaac Disrupts Travel In The Caribbean
August 22 2012 3:39 PM
Tropical Storm Isaac, the ninth named storm of the 2012 Atlantic hurricane season, sped toward the Leeward Islands Wednesday afternoon on an ominous path across the Caribbean.
- Fed Up With Big Bank Fees? These Credit Unions Offer Free Checking
August 14 2012 6:18 AM
At a time when big banks are constantly raising fees or imposing new ones to help them recover lost revenue from new regulations, not-for-profit credit unions are booming.
- WWE RAW Preview: Punk vs. Big Show, SummerSlam Match Canceled, HBK Back Again
August 13 2012 3:29 PM
WWE SummerSlam is one week away and RAW is set to see some of the feuds intensify. Big Show and CM Punk start off the show with a match, Alberto Del Rio tries to get back in his World Title match, Kane and Daniel Bryan build to their bout, HBK comes back for more, and DJ Pauly D is the social media representative.
- Algorithm Can Track Source Of Facebook Rumors And Terrorist Attacks, Researchers Say
August 10 2012 2:38 PM
Researchers have developed an algorithm that can track something - information, contaminants, influence - as it spreads through online and offline networks, back to its original source.
- Air Traffic Controllers Blamed For Jan. 2011 Near-Collision Involving Boeing 777 And USAF C-17 Near NYC
August 06 2012 2:45 PM
Faulty instructions by air traffic controllers caused a near mid-air collision involving an American Airlines Boeing 777-200 and a U.S. Air Force C-17 cargo plane near New York City in January 2011, a federal report said.
- Want Luggage Delivered To Your Home, Office Or Hotel? American Airlines Will Do It - For A Fee
August 03 2012 1:01 PM
The last thing many fliers want to do when they reach their destination is wait by the baggage carousel for their luggage to arrive. Now, if they're flying American Airlines, they don't have to.
- Gwyneth Paltrow And Chris Martin: The Coldplay Kiss Everyone Is Talking About [VIDEO]
July 06 2012 8:21 AM
Coldplay front man Chris Martin got physical with a fan at a show on Friday! Luckily for him, that fan turned out to be his beautiful Oscar winning wife, Gwyneth Paltrow.
- Angry Alec Baldwin A Two-Time Twitter Quitter
July 02 2012 4:02 PM
This time, the paparazzi is to blame.
- Airbus Picks Alabama For First US Factory: Report
June 28 2012 4:04 PM
European airplane manufacturer Airbus SAS will build its first U.S. factory in Mobile, Ala., as it intensifies its competition with main rival, U.S.-based Boeing Co. (NYSE: BA), The Associated Press reported Thursday.