- Toys ''R'' Us is introducing a tablet for children, and the new product will not be available online. The Tabeo, as the new tablet is called, can be pre-ordered over the Internet but it is only available in Toys "R" Us stores.
When Will Jelly Bean Come To The Galaxy S3? Release Date May Come Next Week As Android 4.1.1 Test Firmware AppearsSince its release date, Samsung Galaxy S3 owners have eagerly awaited the Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update. Samsung announced that the next-generation software will roll out in September, but has not specified a specific date.
Apple iPhone 5 Features: Will iPhone 5 Sport Fingerprint Security? Does Apple's Acquisition Of AuthenTec Signal A Biometrically Evolved Device?With just two days to go for Apple's (AAPL) Sept. 12 event, rumor mills are working overtime as speculations of Apple's much-awaited next generation iPhone sporting fingerprint security feature make the rounds.
Apple iPhone 5 Rumors Update: Chinese Company Uses Leaked Photos Of iPhone 5 To Patent Design, Releases Knockoff GooPhone I5 (VIDEO)Even before Apple (AAPL) could unveil its next-generation iPhone, the Chinese seem to be in a tearing hurry as a company by name GooPhone has released a new phone GooPhone I5 that bears strong resemblances to leaked images of the next-generation iPhone, often referred to as iPhone 5.
HTC One X+ Specs Leaked; Device Likely To Come With 1.6GHz Quad-Core CPU, Android 4.1 Jelly Bean And MoreUntil now, very little information about the HTC One X+ has been revealed. But an XDA Developer forum member, with the Twitter handle @Football4PDA, seems to have some interesting details about the rumored handset.
- Has Apple finally begun to lift its ban on BitTorrent apps? Since Apple first founded the App store, the tech giant has had a standing ban on any apps related to the torrent client. On Friday, however, two new BitTorrent-related apps appeared in the App Store, possibly a sign that Apple is relaxing their restrictions on torrent-related content.
Windows Phone 8 Release Date For AT&T Allegedly Revealed: Verizon Wireless Confirms Nokia Handsets For Q4The tentative release date for Nokia’s Windows Phone 8 flagship device is Nov. 2 for AT&T subscribers, the Verge has reported. Sources familiar with Nokia’s plans have said that the company is working with Microsoft and AT&T to undergo numerous tests required to approve the Windows Phone 8 handset within that time frame.
- Amazon officially announced its next-generation Kindle Fire release on Thursday, unveiling a brand new tablet with improved specs and battery, HD visuals and 4G LTE connectivity. However, there is one characteristic no critic or analyst had predicted: the tablet’s name.
- The popular BitTorrent service uTorrent has released an app for Android phone and tablet users that will allow fans to download content directly to their devices while being able to use the same features as the desktop version.
- Samsung Electronics (Seoul: 005930) said shipments of its latest-version Galaxy S3 smartphone exceed 20 million, only six weeks after passing the 10 million mark. But a labor group asserted they're made in China under abusive conditions
- Samsung Electronics (Seoul: 005930) said shipments of its latest-version Galaxy S3 smartphone exceed 20 million, only six weeks after passing the 10 million mark. The announcement cements the South Korean electronics giant’s lead as the No. 1 seller in the Android OS sector.
- According to a new report by McAfee, titled "Threats Report: Second Quarter 2012 report," mobile malware increased 700 percent over the last year, mostly targeting Android. Symbian was at the second spot.
AAPL: Apple Stock's Marginal Loss Tests Nokia, Motorola, Samsung Phone Launches; Sept.12 Event Looks Promising With iPhone 5 ReleaseApple (AAPL) stock closed Sept.5 at $670.23 losing 4.74 points ending 0.70% lower than the previous close. The marginal fall indicates that Apple is not heavily impacted by the new phone launches from competitors Nokia, Motorola and Samsung.
- Google (Nasdaq: GOOG), the No. 1 search engine, which now owns the Motorola brand, refreshed its product line with three new members of the Razr brand line in a bid to recapture past success. They’re the first major new lines since Google completed the $12.5 billion acquisition of the former Motorola Mobility in May.
Nokia’s Windows Phone 8 Release Features NFC, Wireless Charging And More, Will It Compare To The iPhone 5 And Samsung Galaxy S3?Nokia and Microsoft held a joint press conference on Sept. 5 in New York to officially unveil new Windows Phone 8 devices. Nokia announced its flagship smartphone known as the Lumia 920, which has received some noticeable upgrades in the specs department.
- Despite taking the wraps off its anticipated Lumia smartphones using the new Windows 8 from Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT), the world's biggest software company, Nokia’s shares plunged 11 percent after CEO Stephen Elop claimed, “We need to succeed with this and take it to the next step.”
- On the heels of a positive first quarter, the Western European mobile phone market failed to maintain a positive trend, due to a weaker economic environment and the new product launches expected in the third quarter, said a new report by market research firm IDC. The total shipments of devices dropped 1.9 percent year on year to 42.1 million units.
- Turning long-running speculations into fact, Apple sent out invitations Tuesday, confirming a special media event related to the next iPhone, aka "iPhone 5," in San Francisco on Sept. 12. The event is scheduled to take place at the Yerba Buena Center for the Arts at 10 am PT.
- What is Kik? This article provides an answer to this question, which many people are finding themselves asking as they learn about the newest social networks and electronic communication technologies on the market.
- After slaughtering countless green piggies in the quest to secure the stolen eggs, the birds of Rovio’s smash hit (no pun intended) “Angry Birds” will be taking a back seat to the pigs this time around with the game’s sequel.