Articles by Android
- Apple iPhone 5 Feature Appears In Allegedly Leaked Photo: NFC Chip Visible Along With Other Reported Components
August 27 2012 12:22 PM
The release date for Apple’s iPhone 5 is expected to come next month, and yet another allegedly leaked photo of what is expected to be the device’s front panel has surfaced. These newly discovered photographs reportedly provide evidence that Apple has implemented its first Near Field Communication (NFC) compatibility in the iPhone 5.
- Android 4.1 Jelly Bean OTA Update For Samsung Galaxy S3 T-Mobile Variant Leaked
August 25 2012 2:44 AM
At a time when Samsung is expected to release the Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update - the newest version of Google's mobile operating system - for its Galaxy S3 smartphone Aug. 29, it appears that owners of the T-Mobile version of the device can already try out the update, thanks to a leaked version of the OS.
- Exec On 'One Sony': ‘Entering A Big Bad World Where There Are No Rules’
August 24 2012 11:48 AM
Four months after Sony unveiled its "One Sony" concept to recapture its leading role, Sony has finally offered a glimpse into its practical strategies to streamline integration between different hardware products and media platforms.
- Shira Lazar And 'What's Trending' Set Out To Conquer YouTube [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]
August 24 2012 11:33 AM
"What's Trending," a fresh weekly live interactive talk show that airs as part of the YouTube partnership program, has recently switched to a daily five-day format. The major upgrade is another indicator of how YouTube has successfully nurtured an environment of discovery, independence and innovation for the site's artists and creators that traditional media has not.
- Sony Mobile To Cut 1,000 Jobs, Move Headquarters To Tokyo As Part Of Operational Restructuring
August 23 2012 6:09 AM
Sony Mobile announced Thursday that it would lay off about 15 percent (approximately 1,000 personnel) of its global workforce as part of its global operational restructure. The company also announced that it would move its corporate headquarters from Lund, Sweden, to Tokyo, Japan in October.
- 'Hunger Games: Catching Fire' Casts Sam Claflin As Finnick Odair: 5 Other Actors Better For The Role
August 22 2012 3:36 PM
Fans of “The Hunger Games” series have been eagerly awaiting details on the next film, and more casting information has emerged. It was reported back in the middle of July that Sam Claflin would play the role of Finnick Odair in the next installment, “Hunger Games: Catching Fire.”
- Applanet.net, Appbucket.net And Snappzmarket.com Seized For Hosting Pirated Android Apps
August 22 2012 12:33 PM
Three websites accused of copyright infringement for allowing the illegal download of Android apps have been taken down. Applanet.net, Appbucket.net and Snappzmarket.com have all been seized by the FBI.
- How To Get Android 4.1 Jelly Bean On Samsung?s Galaxy S3: Is This The Most Credible Leak Yet? [VIDEO, FEATURES]
August 21 2012 11:30 AM
Since Google announced its Android 4.1 Jelly Bean upgrade, endless leaks have surfaced throughout the Internet. However, the most recent alleged leak to appear allows users to install the Jelly Bean software on Samsung?s Galaxy S3, the company?s flagship smartphone of 2012.
- Windows Phone Users Likely To Overtake BlackBerry In US By November; Android, iOS Users To Maintain Lead
August 21 2012 6:01 AM
The Windows Phone is all set to garner a third rank in the mobile OS race in the U.S. by November 2012, due to the continuous downslide of the BlackBerry market share, web usage data from StatCounter revealed.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Looks Sleeker Than Ever In New Trailer; What We Learned About The Device [VIDEO]
August 20 2012 5:12 PM
Samsung?s Galaxy Note 2 is catered towards those who look to create and consume media content, and the Korea-based manufacturer is certainly stressing that point in its advertising campaign. The successor to the original ?phablet? device is reportedly set for a release date on August 29, and as that date draws near more information on the device seems to emerge.
- Motorola DROID RAZR HD Tutorial Videos Briefly Leaked On YouTube
August 20 2012 9:37 AM
Ahead of the much-awaited Verizon and Motorola September 5 event, YouTube hosted some leaked tutorial videos for Motorola DROID RAZR HD.
- Google's Motorola Files Patent Case Against Apple; Aims To Block US Imports Of iPhone, iPad, Mac Computers
August 19 2012 4:21 AM
Google Inc's (GOOG), Motorola Mobility filed a new patent infringement case against Apple Inc. (AAPL) claiming features of Apple devices including location reminders, e-mail notification, phone/ video players, and Siri's voice-recognition program infringe on seven of Motorola Mobility patents.
- Fifty Shades of Green: Why 'Mommy Porn' And E-Books Shouldn't Scare Big Publishers
August 18 2012 1:13 PM
The rags-to-riches, self-publishing story of "Fifty Shades of Grey" has garnered plenty of industry attention, with articles dedicated to how the phenomenon is sounding the death knell for printed books and traditional publishing houses.
- How To Get Free Ringtones For iPhone With ShazamTones Or iTunes
August 17 2012 2:02 PM
ShazamTones is a new Cydia app for users who jailbreak their iphones. The app allows users to download free ringtones without having to alter songs in their iTunes library.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Rumors Heat Up As Alleged Image Shows Front Body And Larger, Wider Display [FEATURES]
August 17 2012 10:51 AM
Samsung’s Galaxy Note 2 is rumored for a release date at the end of August, and as that date approaches another purported leak has surfaced. An image of what is believed to be the device has appeared online, according to KnowYourMobile.
- How To Install Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean On Samsung Galaxy S3 Using Leaked ROM [VIDEO]
August 17 2012 1:33 AM
Just a couple of days after it was reported that Samsung's latest flagship smartphone the Galaxy S3 is going to receive Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update on August 29, a leaked build of the OS surfaced Thursday with the claim of giving users "the chance to test the first Jelly Bean ROM by Samsung." Here are the steps to install Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean on Samsung Galaxy S3.
- Instagram 3.0 ‘Photo Map’ Arrives: 5 Features We Want To See In The Next Update
August 16 2012 4:34 PM
The widely successful camera app Instagram has just received a new update that will incorporate location-based tags. The function, known as Photo Mapping, has rolled out to both Android and iOS-based iterations of the app.
- Apple iOS 6 Features: Users ‘Disappointed’ Without YouTube App, Google Maps Upgraded As iPhone 5 Release Approaches
August 16 2012 1:12 PM
The release date for Apple’s iOS 6 is less than a month away, with the upcoming iPhone 5 expected to launch around the same time. Users may be excited about features such as the new map app from Apple, but there is one app that fans will be missing for certain: YouTube.
- ICM Capital Reduce Spreads on Major Currency Pairs
August 16 2012 9:38 AM
London, 15 August 2012 - ICM Capital, a leading provider of online foreign exchange and commodity trading services is pleased to announce, they have reduced their minimum spreads on foreign exchange trading across a range of major currency pairs.
- Android Jelly Bean Release Date For Samsung Galaxy S3 May Come This Month With Galaxy Note 2 Unveil, Rumors Say [FEATURES]
August 15 2012 12:58 PM
Rumors about a release date for Android 4.1 Jelly Bean on Samsung’s Galaxy S3 have been circulating since the new Google operating system was announced in June. The most recent speculation suggests that the Android upgrade will roll out to the Galaxy S3 along with the alleged unveil of Samsung’s Galaxy Note on August 29.