Articles by Android
- Nexus 7 Sold Out: When and Where Will it Become Available First?
July 18 2012 12:09 PM
The Nexus 7 was unveiled at Google's annual developer's conference in June and has quickly sold out in most U.S stores, with continued delays on pre-order shipments.
- Samsung Galaxy S3 For AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile Get Preview Build Of CyanogenMod 10 With Android 4.1 Jelly Bean
July 18 2012 12:45 AM
CyanogenMod 10, the custom build of Android based on 4.1 Jelly Bean announced just a couple of weeks back, made its maiden appearance on Tuesday. The developer's team at CyanogenMod released a preview build of CyanogenMod 10 on the Samsung Galaxy S3 for AT&T and T-Mobile.
- iPhone 5 Release Could Push Apple To 170 Million Units Sold Annually; Half Of Sales ?Already In The Bag,? Analyst Says
July 17 2012 4:02 PM
Once you go Apple, you never go back. Apparently that?s the attitude the majority of iPhone owners take, according to a new data from an analyst at Piper Jaffray.
- Samsung Galaxy S3 Red Release Date: AT&T Pre-Orders Open, More Colors Expected
July 17 2012 11:44 AM
AT&T has exclusively opened up pre-orders for a red model of the Samsung Galaxy S3, which will be shipped and released in AT&T stores on July 29.
- Samsung Galaxy Note Hits T-Mobile Amid Galaxy Note 2 Release Rumors
July 16 2012 5:16 PM
T-Mobile has finally announced the release of the Samsung Galaxy Note, after months of rumors and speculation.
- Samsung Galaxy S3 Promo Showcases Smart Features: How Does It Compare To Apple?s Siri Ads? [VIDEOS]
July 16 2012 4:32 PM
Samsung has already sold more than 6 million units of its Galaxy S3 smartphone in the month of June alone, but that doesn?t mean the company is done pushing its product. A new promotional video from the Korea-based manufacturer showcases the new smart features that accompany its flagship device of the year.
- Will Apple Launch OS X Mountain Lion 10.8 On July 25? Store Overnights Rumored
July 16 2012 6:13 AM
Apple earlier announced that it would launch the OS X Mountain Lion 10.8 in July, and now latest reports have surfaced, suggesting that the company could choose July 25 for the release.
- Samsung Galaxy Note AT&T Gets Ice Cream Sandwich Kernel: How To Make Your ‘Phablet’ Device Even Smoother, Where To Download [VIDEO]
July 13 2012 12:39 PM
For tech geeks and hackers, Friday the 13th may be a lucky day after all. Samsung has just released the source code for its Samsung Galaxy Note Ice Cream Sandwich kernel on AT&T. This means that developers and those who know how to fiddle with smartphone software can now tinker as much as they please.
- Android Market Share Nears 52 Percent But Apple IPhone Still Most Popular Device In US
July 13 2012 12:10 PM
More Americans use iPhones than any version of Android smartphones, but Google's operating system bests Apple when it comes to marketshare, with 51.8 percent of smartphone users owning an Android handset compared to 34 percent with iPhones, according to new data released Thursday.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Release Date: Device Tipped For Aug 30 Launch At IFA 2012 Trade Show In Berlin
July 13 2012 6:21 AM
The Galaxy Note that has narrowed the gap between a smartphone and a tablet has been among the key contributors to Samsung's success. While the newly released Galaxy S3 is expected to give Apple iPhone a run for its money, reports surfacing online say that a sequel to the Galaxy Note is also nearing release as early as late August.
- How To Install Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean AOSP ROM On Amazon Kindle Fire
July 13 2012 6:20 AM
Google released the source code of the OS earlier this week in the Android Open Source Project (AOSP), allowing developers to dabble with the new software. And now, thanks to an AOSP-based Jelly Bean (4.1.1) ROM, you can install the OS on you Amazon Kindle Fire tablet.
- Amazon Smartphone News Enthuse Tech World: What To Watch Out For
July 13 2012 4:54 AM
As news about Amazon testing its smartphone trickles down, the industry is agog with excitement of finding a smartphone that can usher in the goodies without much fuss.
- Google Nexus 7 Vs Amazon Kindle Fire: Teardown Reveals Specs In Android Tablet That Dominate Its Rival [VIDEO]
July 12 2012 2:02 PM
Google recently unveiled its Nexus 7 tablet at its I/O developers conference at the end of June, and critics, analysts, and tech enthusiasts have wondered how it will stack up to the competition. Now professionals have torn the new device apart to see just what makes the Nexus 7 stand out from its rivals.
- Samsung Galaxy S3 Red Pre-Order Date Revealed on AT&T
July 12 2012 11:27 AM
While U.S Samsung enthusiasts are scurrying to stores to get their hands on the Galaxy S3, AT&T customers who want the exclusive red version of the phone will have to wait, as the phone will not be released until July 29.
- Romney's Wealth Turns Off 20 Percent Of Voters; Obama Popular Among iPhone, Android Users
July 12 2012 10:54 AM
Romney's wealth is a turn off for independent voters, while smartphone users say they would likely vote for Obama if the election was held today.
- Samsung Galaxy S3 Release Date: Device Hits Verizon Stores
July 12 2012 10:17 AM
The Samsung Galaxy S3 has finally arrived in Verizon stores, although some store managers are warning about limited availability, urging customers to buy the device sooner rather than later.
- How To Install Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean (Build: JRO03C) On Galaxy Nexus
July 12 2012 6:21 AM
Google introduced the latest version of its mobile operating system, the Android 4.1 Jelly Bean, last month at Google I/O 2012. During the launch, the search giant announced that over-the-air (OTA) updates of Jelly Bean would be rolled out in mid-July for devices like Nexus S, Galaxy Nexus and Xoom. Here's how to install Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean on GSM Galaxy Nexus manually.
- Samsung Galaxy S3: Sprint Confirms OTA Update Disabling Universal Search, AT&T Follows Suit
July 12 2012 1:18 AM
According to recent reports, Sprint variant of the Samsung Galaxy S3 was about to receive an OTA (over-the-air) update that would disable the universal search functionality on the handset. The update means that users of the Sprint Galaxy S3 won't be able to use the Google search bar on the homescreen to find their apps, contacts and other data. Only web-based results will return when they search with that method.
- How To Get Android Jelly Bean Features On Amazon Kindle Fire; Android 4.1 Tablet By HTC Could Be In The Works
July 11 2012 7:38 PM
Google is pushing Android 4.1 Jelly Bean for Galaxy Nexus devices, but it seems that Samsung won?t be the only manufacturer featuring the sweet-themed software.
- Ouya Kickstarter Raises $3M For Prototype Gaming Console
July 11 2012 6:36 PM
Gamers are rallying around one of the most explosively popular developments in gaming history -- an open-source console called Ouya.