- Gamers are rallying around one of the most explosively popular developments in gaming history -- an open-source console called Ouya.
Samsung Galaxy S3: The Device?s 3 Top-Rated Features Revealed As Knockoff Surfaces In China [VIDEO, SPECS]The Samsung Galaxy S3 has finally hit store shelves, and tech fanatics aren?t the only ones raving about the device. Established consumer magazine Consumer Reports has given AT&T?s variant 78 points and T-Mobile?s 77 points.
Apple iPhone 5: New Metal Mockup Matches Previously Rumored Features, Specs And Schematics [PICTURES]On Tuesday, Gotta Be Mobile released exclusive photos of what it believes to be an engineering sample of the iPhone 5 design, which only helps to validate earlier rumors, reports, and even photos and schematics of the phone. The features and specs from this iPhone metal mockup actually perfectly match up with those earlier photos and schematics released in May.
- The Android 4.1 Jelly Bean software has started rolling out and the unlocked Galaxy Nexus HSPA+ is the first to get the update, according to the Nexus blog post on Google +.
- Exactly how small would an iPad Mini be? Apple will neither confirm nor deny the existence of a mini tablet -- or any of its products, for that matter -- which is why any time photos of iPhone or iPad components surface, it's a big deal. On Tuesday night, Gotta Be Mobile posted exclusive photos of what it believes to be an engineering sample of the iPad Mini design, which reveals many possible features of this tiny tablet.
- Sprint variant of the Samsung Galaxy S3 has reportedly received an OTA update because of which users of the device won't be able to use the Google search bar on the homescreen to find their apps, contacts and other data. Only web-based results return now when we search with that method.
- After releasing the source code for the Verizon variant of the Galaxy S3, the manufacturer is reportedly going to offer a developer edition of the Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich smartphone on the same carrier. The device would feature an unlockable bootloader, allowing developers and enthusiasts to tinker around on their devices.
- Research in Motion CEO Thorsten Heins has been saying the same thing for weeks: Pay no attention to the man behind that curtain. Despite massive layoffs, dramatic drop-offs in market share and a rapidly decaying portfolio for investors, Heins firmly believes that RIM's best is yet to come.
- Verizon and U.S. Cellular will be the last U.S. phone carriers to get the Samsung Galaxy S3 on Wednesday. The phone is already available on AT&T, Sprint and T-Mobile, but it is rolling out slowly due to high demand and lack of stock.
- As Samsung Galaxy S2 users anxiously wait to hear if the device will get the new Android 4.1 Jelly Bean upgrade, a subtle update has been pushed out on Android's Ice Cream Sandwich.
Samsung Galaxy S3 Verizon Variant's Source Code Released; Workaround Exists To Evade Locked BootloaderAt a time when Verizon has been criticized by customers for its decision to ship the Galaxy S3 with an encrypted bootloader, Samsung is apparently looking to set things right. The company has released the source code for the Verizon variant of Galaxy S3 in an effort to give a helping hand to the tweakers and tinkerers at xda-developers and other places.
- Google?s Jean-Baptiste Queru announced Monday that the Android 4.1 source code had been released in the Android Open Source Project under the name android-4.1.1_r1 for everyone to download, examine, and likely attempt to port a whole host of devices.
- Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich will finally be released on all AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note devices on Tuesday, which will improve multitasking and provide swifter navigation and well as introduce new features.
Amazon Kindle Fire 2 Release Date: Nexus 7 Rival Set for August, Larger Screen Variant in Q4 [Report]It seems Amazon is gearing up to strike back at Google's newly-released Nexus 7, with an improved Kindle Fire 2 tablet expected to launch on August 7, according to the China Times.
Android Jelly Bean Features Emerge: What The New OS Can Do That Ice Cream Sandwich And Gingerbread Couldn?tGoogle announced its new Nexus 7 tablet at its I/O developer?s conference at the end of June, which will come equipped with Android 4.1 Jelly Bean. The operating system upgrade comes with a host of new features, with one of the most exciting being a refreshed user interface.
Samsung Galaxy S3 Release Problems: How To Fix The Device?s #1 Issue, Why It?s Different Than Apple?s iPhone 4SSamsung?s flagship smartphone for 2012, the Galaxy S3, has already established a dominant presence in the mobile market within only days of its debut. The highly anticipated device?s release has been met with multiple setbacks due to unprecedented high demand, but launch delays aren?t the only issue with Samsung?s new product.
- The wait for the new Samsung Galaxy S3 for Verizon Wireless customers apparently got extended for another couple of days as the carrier pushed back the date of the handset's retail availability from July 10 to July 12.
- At a time when the 7-inch tablet space has suddenly become the talk of the town with already released devices like the Google Nexus 7 and those still under wraps like the iPad mini, a report surfaced Sunday saying that online retailer Amazon is gearing up to unleash its own challenger, a Kindle Fire successor, towards the second half of this year to compete against rival products.